Page 49 of 159 FirstFirst ... 394546474849505152535999149 ... LastLast

Thread: In the news today

Awesome user with default custom title XanBcoo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by UChessmaster
    Why is it Austin again??

I thought all the gene-pool rejects came from Florida.

<@Terra> he told me this, "man actually meeting terra is so fucking big", and he started crying. Then he bought me hot dogs

Quote Originally Posted by Animeniax
    Have you ever tried Blue Mountain coffee from Jamaica?
    The only coffee I ever had was Starbucks, and that was only a one time deal. Not bad, but not too terribly good. I should try and go find this Blue Mountain coffee, starting with Wal-Mart.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill
    The bitch of living as a high-profile person.
    People are crazy about these outstanding achievers, but neglect to notice that they are still human. They can't always be victorious in every situation and are prone to making bad decisions.

Exotic dancer set on fire outside LA bar

Ouch, more than 60% of her body had severely burned. That's gonna scar her for a lifetime.
    I am training in the shadows.
    Currently playing: All of your games, probably.

Quote Originally Posted by Nadouku
    Exotic dancer set on fire outside LA bar

Ouch, more than 60% of her body had severely burned. That's gonna scar her for a lifetime.
    This could make for a modern adaptation of Clint Eastwood's "Unforgiven". The exotic dancers at that club will post a bounty for the 2 cowboys what did it and hired guns from as far away as Missoura will come lookin' ta collect.

For God will not permit that we shall know what is to come... those who by some sorcery or by some dream might come to pierce the veil that lies so darkly over all that is before them may serve by just that vision to cause that God should wrench the world from its heading and set it upon another course altogether and then where stands the sorcerer? Where the dreamer and his dream?

The Buzz Log - The Buzz Week in Review

The Bill Gates one was actually funny, but there are others that are hilarious too.

Victim hits Gunman with Taxi

SOMERVILLE (WBZ) ―
    A shooting victim in Somerville is accused of retaliating against his alleged shooter by hijacking a nearby cab and running him over.

t all started when police responded to reports of shots fired at the corner of Elm and Chester streets in Davis Square around 2 a.m. on Sunday. The victim, Marcel Laurol, 32, of Malden, was allegedly shot in the leg by a 25-year-old Brockton man.

Immediately after the shooting, police say Laurol hijacked a cab, assaulted the driver and then took off after the alleged shooting suspect, who is not being identified, with two passengers still sitting in the back seat.
    It's pretty badass that he was able to hijack a cab and retaliate, but there were passengers inside meaning he was probably nuts and there's probably more to this story than it seems.

<@Terra> he told me this, "man actually meeting terra is so fucking big", and he started crying. Then he bought me hot dogs

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryllharu
    Interesting. That's something (icy rain) I new I've learnt, since it never goes below freezing here.
    Freezing rain, another feature of the Northern Hemisphere (specifically the 41~42nd Parallel North) that you Southern Hemisphere Softies will never experience. The joy of spinning in your car at 20 mph...

At least you have us beat on poisonous creatures (namely, all wildlife in Oz).
    And lack of water. We're possibly the 1st First World country to have a drought in recent generations. We get bushfires too, though probably not as bad as the US.
    I think we just matched them (US), if not beat them.

Deadliest-ever Australian wildfires kill 130

Apparently it burned an area 3x the size of Hong Kong. (Give us a yell if you're alive Raven)

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

Hmm, reminds me of the Great Chicago Fire.

Brick Kicker

This guy's kicks are so hard and so fast he kicks bricks to pieces with his bare feet! It sounds like he's breaking the sound barrier with his toes.
    That's one mighty kick. Imagine if it was used against human opponents.

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalobiian
    I think we just matched them (US), if not beat them.

Deadliest-ever Australian wildfires kill 130

Apparently it burned an area 3x the size of Hong Kong. (Give us a yell if you're alive Raven)
    Yeah, I'm alive. But I'm not feeling all that great.

I was less than a mile away from one of the major fires but luckily for me it didn't get any closer. The horrible thing is I was floating in a friend's pool enjoying myself the whole time. I feel so damned guilty because I could have been helping somehow. Not that there's a lot I could have done, but still.

It makes me sick to my stomach to comprehend everything that's happened the last few days here. I'm going to give blood and make a cash donation to the appeal. That's at least something small I can do to assist.

There are so many people with literally nothing left besides the clothes on their backs. I can't fathom it.
    I think I know precisely what I mean
    when I say it's a schpadoinkle day

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    Not to mention that some of those fires were allegedly started by people. I'll be expecting an appeal to be available at my bank soon, if it's not already there.

Anyway, good to hear you can still type. Like you said, there wasn't much you could do, but now is the time you can help.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

Awesome user with default custom title itadakimasu's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nadouku
    The Buzz Log - The Buzz Week in Review

The Bill Gates one was actually funny, but there are others that are hilarious too.
    Thats funny but obviously not true.

Nine-year-old writes hit iPhone app

You might think you're pretty hot stuff because you've figured out how to change your Facebook status from your iPhone, but you've got nothing on nine-year-old Lim Ding Wen.
    Pretty amazing for a nine year old to compute that kind of game into an iPhone, and he did it for his sister too! That's pretty sweet of him.

Awesome user with default custom title Pandadice's Avatar
    whoa dang. reminds me of Tony Stark from Iron Man.

user posted image

poll results for the Israeli election: (first results, probably going to change over the night)

no big party (hardly 30 sits), which means we're going for a shaky coalition between leaders who hate each other and might not be the head of their parties for long.

the entire parliament is now more right-winged, less liberal. (if anyone cares about Israel Politics)

sig made by Itachi-y2k5, thanks, dude!
    Currently Watching: probably a show directed at 9 years old girls, lets be honest.

You know the important distinction between Batman and me? Batman is fictional. In real life, there isn't always an alternative.

Quote Originally Posted by Raven
    Yeah, I'm alive. But I'm not feeling all that great.

I was less than a mile away from one of the major fires but luckily for me it didn't get any closer. The horrible thing is I was floating in a friend's pool enjoying myself the whole time. I feel so damned guilty because I could have been helping somehow. Not that there's a lot I could have done, but still.

It makes me sick to my stomach to comprehend everything that's happened the last few days here. I'm going to give blood and make a cash donation to the appeal. That's at least something small I can do to assist.

There are so many people with literally nothing left besides the clothes on their backs. I can't fathom it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Buffalobiian
    Not to mention that some of those fires were allegedly started by people. I'll be expecting an appeal to be available at my bank soon, if it's not already there.

Anyway, good to hear you can still type. Like you said, there wasn't much you could do, but now is the time you can help.
    Glad our Aussies are both fairly well off from the ordeal. From the sound of things off the BBC news site, it's only getting worse now that the fire crews and police are able to get into some of the worst affected areas.

Not much we can do here from the other side of the world...

Pew Research Center: Darwin Debated: Religion vs. Evolution

Almost 150 years after Charles Darwin published his groundbreaking work On the Origin of Species by Means of Natural Selection, Americans are still fighting over evolution.
    I thought it was interesting to see how many people agree or disagree and how their standing claim justifies on what they believe in, and how it might affect others.

It's a sad world we live in where the fundamentally religious can't accept scientific truth, and attack a Strawman of the theory of Evolution just so their faith won't be compromised.

I love the graph in that article. Of course Mormons don't believe in Evolution.

Quote Originally Posted by XanBcoo
    I love the graph in that article. Of course Mormons don't believe in Evolution.
    They should; they've managed to evolve themselves some of the hottest daughters in human history.

For God will not permit that we shall know what is to come... those who by some sorcery or by some dream might come to pierce the veil that lies so darkly over all that is before them may serve by just that vision to cause that God should wrench the world from its heading and set it upon another course altogether and then where stands the sorcerer? Where the dreamer and his dream?

13 year-old boy becomes a father

This is pretty mind-boggling. I think the weirdest thing is how the parents don't really seem to care. It's good that he's being noble and trying to do the right thing, but this poor kid's life is ruined.

Seriously though, 13. I'm sure some of us have siblings that are further in age than that.

Quote Originally Posted by XanBcoo
    Seriously though, 13. I'm sure some of us have siblings that are further in age than that.
    It's kind of amazing how she managed to produce a safe carriage. Still, I wouldn't want to be a father at such a young age where learning is still a fundamental experience for most kids.

Iraqi police: Female suicide bomber kills 40

BAGHDAD – A female suicide bomber attacked a tent filled with women and children resting from a pilgrimage to a Shiite holy city south of Baghdad on Friday, killing 40 people and injuring 60 others, said officials. It was the deadliest attack in Iraq this year and the third straight day of bombings against Shiite pilgrims.
    What do people think when they suicide themself in a tent full of innocent women and children? What the hell do they promote the cause for? Their mentality will never be understood as to why they do it in the first place.

That's the whole problem with religious fanaticism: no one is innocent, so they all must pay the full price.