Page 92 of 159 FirstFirst ... 4282888990919293949596102142 ... LastLast
Results 1,821 to 1,840 of 3180

Thread: In the news today

I've read through the entire article and am aware of the situation.

It's certainly is a strange situation, but if you didn't mean "all Chinese are capable of this" then don't start the post with "What the fuck is wrong with the Chinese". I find it highly annoying when someone immediately point toward race the moment something bad happens.

That aside.

It's very odd that this happen so frequently. The cynic in me can't accept that it's a chain coincidence or copy-cat attacks.

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    So exactly how much security did this latest victim school have? 2000 police? They made it sound like the place was only full of women and children (or very timid, weak men).

Adding another 1 school to the count, I sure hope they can come up with a connection to link all of these. Pouring resources into it is only a temporary measure until they figure out what's going on.

As for the "knife" comment, I don't think guns are as readily available in China as in the US.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

Awesome user with default custom title XanBcoo's Avatar

<@Terra> he told me this, "man actually meeting terra is so fucking big", and he started crying. Then he bought me hot dogs

Awesome user with default custom title Pandadice's Avatar
    of course France takes offense to something that covers that much of the body. France has been pioneering almost-nude fashion for centuries.

user posted image

Awesome user with default custom title itadakimasu's Avatar
    http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?...ted;photovideo

A news crew investigating oil washing ashore in Louisiana was threatened with arrest by BP ( British Petrolium ) Workers who were accompanied by 2 coast guard officials.

The coast guard officials stated that it was not their rules... but BP rules..

So, wait. You mean that some british oil company has a legal authority in the united states? wtf is that?

wait, I thought BP was changed from 'British Petroleum', to 'Basic Petroleum'. or maybe that's just a phrase they use in their commercials. :\

user posted image

The BP guys probably thought the news crew was going to steal some oil from the shores. It's still their oil, even if it's floating in and on the ocean. Oil is so precious they have to guard every liter of it.

The whole thing would be a huge farce if it wasn't causing such massive environment damage. The BP CEO and board of directors should be sent to jail. In China they would be waiting for an execution already. It's marvelous in a macabre way how slowly BP is trying to fix it all.

Awesome user with default custom title itadakimasu's Avatar
    yeah.. It's pretty sickening that it seems they're moving so slow to clean it up.

It almost seems to me like they're more concerned w\ collecting the oil than w\ a plan to seal the leak. The Exxon Valdez was a huge deal when I was in school and at this point it's a tiny spill compared to this disaster.

Awesome user with default custom title The Heretic Azazel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by itadakimasu View Post
    http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?...ted;photovideo

A news crew investigating oil washing ashore in Louisiana was threatened with arrest by BP ( British Petrolium ) Workers who were accompanied by 2 coast guard officials.

The coast guard officials stated that it was not their rules... but BP rules..

So, wait. You mean that some british oil company has a legal authority in the united states? wtf is that?
    That was a fucked up move and I imagine they'll pay for it in the media.
    "They call it 'The American Dream' because you have to be asleep to believe it" - George Carlin

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar

So.. what are those women meant to wear in public? Is uncovering the face in that scenario a violation of their religion, or would it come under "follow the laws of the land"?

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

Personally I feel a law requiring women to cover their faces is several orders of magnitude more ridiculous than a law stating women can't be required to cover their faces.

However, since stating women can't be required wouldn't mean anything as it would be impossible to prove, the only effective solution would be to dictate faces must not be covered.

Doesn't change the fact they are all stupid laws. Only stupid times call for stupid laws.

Quote Originally Posted by Kraco View Post
    Personally I feel a law requiring women to cover their faces is several orders of magnitude more ridiculous than a law stating women can't be required to cover their faces.

However, since stating women can't be required wouldn't mean anything as it would be impossible to prove, the only effective solution would be to dictate faces must not be covered.

Doesn't change the fact they are all stupid laws. Only stupid times call for stupid laws.
    Well, they're not both laws. One is a religious belief and one is a law.

I personally believe that indoctrinating women to cover themselves from head for fear of being objectified is childish and stupid, but it's obviously a freedom and a choice that should be protected nonetheless.

At the very least it shouldn't be punishable.

<@Terra> he told me this, "man actually meeting terra is so fucking big", and he started crying. Then he bought me hot dogs

Parents Television Council threatens TV Show

Stuff like this really gets on my nerves, as if their kids doesn't already know the word "shit", pansy-ass parents.

And i'm totally looking forward to that show, Shatner is the shit!

"Always be yourself... unless you suck."

Conservatives rewrite classroom history

Stay the hell out of classrooms and let teachers do their jobs.
    "They call it 'The American Dream' because you have to be asleep to believe it" - George Carlin

wait, wasn't that thing already posted? or did i see it somewhere else.. Oh, it says it was updated today.

that is just so ridiculous...

user posted image

I like how a country can pride itself on its values of "freedom of expression" by forcing their citizens to dress (or in this, not dress) a certain way. And then justify it be saying its to stop crime and shoplifting.

Its also pretty funny how the husband will be charged....cuz apparently French women are totally oppressed and can't make their own decisions. Im sure the muslim convert in that new story totally didn't have a choice...thats why she got so pissed off.

Way to fight the good fight France.

Quote Originally Posted by The Heretic Azazel View Post
    Conservatives rewrite classroom history

Stay the hell out of classrooms and let teachers do their jobs.
    They also required that public school students in Texas evaluate efforts by global organizations such as the United Nations to undermine U.S. sovereignty.
    There aren't enough to go with such a comment.

Well the good news is one of the lunatic lost his election over this.

As a conservative and Texan, i'm disgusted by this whole ordeal. This entire thing reeks of a pathetic plot to create more future conservative voters cause Obama won the Presidency.

I really hope Bill White wins the next Governor election so we can get that moron Rick Perry away from a position of power.

You just need to get the hell out of Texas DD. It's like the Stone Age there.

Quote Originally Posted by The Heretic Azazel View Post
    You just need to get the hell out of Texas DD. It's like the Stone Age there.
    That's just a misconception by people who don't live here. I've lived in California before i came here and Texas is much more preferable.

There are many intelligent sensible people here also. Texas has the the largest and possibly best medical center in the world. If you have heart related disease or cancer there's no better place to be. Texas A&M, Rice and UT are among the top universities in the country.

The Houston Ship Channel keeps the economy fairly stable. Houston had one of the lowest unemployment rate throughout this recession.

We also have NASA.

Yet, every time someone mentions Texas, a redneck cowboy comes to mind. I blame that mostly on Hollywood and jackasses like Rick Perry. Bill White is the major of Houston and I've met him on a few occasion. He seems like a fairly down to earth guy so hopefully he'll win the next Governor election.