Page 81 of 159 FirstFirst ... 317177787980818283848591131 ... LastLast
Results 1,601 to 1,620 of 3180

Thread: In the news today

Quote Originally Posted by Kraco
    What a ridiculous burger. Your arteries and heart will curse you for eating such a thing.
    I think this will be more effective.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O9N4Y1DpTxs

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LaZie
    I think this will be more effective.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O9N4Y1DpTxs
    Hah, the Dr. Pepper comment got her good.

I'm totally with the Lawyer on this one.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

Quote Originally Posted by itadakimasu
    Wow....

That's an epic hamburger.
    Indeed, dude.

There's a video of CheapyD and CampingKev from Cheap Ass Gamer trying it. Look at all the grease and stuff dripping off of it while he tries to eat it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRZ4qjrqB0U

Quote Originally Posted by Marik
    Indeed, dude.

There's a video of CheapyD and CampingKev from Cheap Ass Gamer trying it. Look at all the grease and stuff dripping off of it while he tries to eat it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRZ4qjrqB0U
    Oh man that's awesome, thanks for posting it.

For God will not permit that we shall know what is to come... those who by some sorcery or by some dream might come to pierce the veil that lies so darkly over all that is before them may serve by just that vision to cause that God should wrench the world from its heading and set it upon another course altogether and then where stands the sorcerer? Where the dreamer and his dream?

Awesome user with default custom title Pandadice's Avatar

Awesome user with default custom title XanBcoo's Avatar
    I've heard that people are less likely to help out someone in trouble when they're in a group of people. Everyone starts to assume that someone else will eventually jump in to help, or are afraid to stand up and say it's wrong.

Still, that's no excuse for any of them. And some of them actually joined in. Holy shit, that's ruined my day.

<@Terra> he told me this, "man actually meeting terra is so fucking big", and he started crying. Then he bought me hot dogs

Quote Originally Posted by XanBcoo
    I've heard that people are less likely to help out someone in trouble when they're in a group of people. Everyone starts to assume that someone else will eventually jump in to help, or are afraid to stand up and say it's wrong.

Still, that's no excuse for any of them. And some of them actually joined in. Holy shit, that's ruined my day.
    Yea, its actually been studied a lot in psychology: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bystander_effect

and

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diffusi...responsibility

a fountain pourin' like an avalanche, comin' down the mountain
    first time i have been on this site in a while and, man, guess what i had for dinner? or, more like, guess what i had for dinner, and have four patties sitting in the fridge for misc use the next couple days? fucking even just the three patties and fries was nearly heart stopping.

Humans are different from animals. We must die for a reason. Now is the time for us to regulate ourselves and reclaim our dignity. The one who holds endless potential and displays his strength and kindness to the world. Only mankind has God, a power that allows us to go above and beyond what we are now, a God that we call "possibility".

That has to be a joke!

Now YOU can have American style heart attack with Japanese efficiency.
    When man invented the bicycle he reached the peak of his attainments. Here was a machine of precision and balance for the convenience of man. And (unlike subsequent inventions for man's convenience) the more he used it, the fitter his body became. Here, for once, was a product of man's brain that was entirely beneficial to those who used it, and of no harm or irritation to others. Progress should have stopped when man invented the bicycle. ~Elizabeth West, Hovel in theHills

Quote Originally Posted by rockmanj
    That has to be a joke!
    No, it's real. Check for the youtube video posted on the previous page where some guy records himself eating one of these monstrosities.

This burger is something I hate about Japan. They go overboard with the uniqueness/camp thing and make silly stuff like this.

Previously McDonalds in Japan had a burger with 4 patties and it was a best-seller. There were lines around the block at its introduction to the menu. Give it another 10-15 years of western influence and Japan will have the same obesity problems that China is currently experiencing.

For God will not permit that we shall know what is to come... those who by some sorcery or by some dream might come to pierce the veil that lies so darkly over all that is before them may serve by just that vision to cause that God should wrench the world from its heading and set it upon another course altogether and then where stands the sorcerer? Where the dreamer and his dream?

Quote Originally Posted by Animeniax
    Give it another 10-15 years of western influence and Japan will have the same obesity problems that China is currently experiencing.
    I think their situations are vastly different. China's situation is majorly affected by socioeconomical factors combined with the one child policy. Rapid economic growth, desire to reach Western living standards (in good and bad) and only one child to spoil and you get end results like the obesity problem. Japan, however, has long been rich and westernized so I doubt it would suddenly turn obese now. If it does, the problem is larger than just hamburgers.

well, they've got their own brand of problems, not so different from china, with diminishing young population and even less young people to support the non-urban areas of japan. pension pays are sky-rocketting, so does basic foods prices, and the other westren-like shits that happen all around the world (more lower participant rates in elections, less political vigor, more nihilistic life style)

things are pretty much shit.

sig made by Itachi-y2k5, thanks, dude!
    Currently Watching: probably a show directed at 9 years old girls, lets be honest.

You know the important distinction between Batman and me? Batman is fictional. In real life, there isn't always an alternative.

Awesome user with default custom title Pandadice's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Death BOO Z
    well, they've got their own brand of problems, not so different from china, with diminishing young population and even less young people to support the non-urban areas of japan. pension pays are sky-rocketting, so does basic foods prices, and the other westren-like shits that happen all around the world (more lower participant rates in elections, less political vigor, more nihilistic life style)

things are pretty much shit.
    yeah seriously. Japan is super messed up socially atm.

super high suicide rates, a real youth-prostitution problem, and a high NEET population.. things aren't looking good...

user posted image

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    Naked man flees lover's furious husband

Rock star Phil Judd stalked three girls

"I find all u ... girls beautiful and very special. I am not a pervert ... I am an aesthete ... I was a popstar once." ~yeah, that makes things a WHOLE lot less creepy.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalobiian
    Naked man flees lover's furious husband

Rock star Phil Judd stalked three girls

"I find all u ... girls beautiful and very special. I am not a pervert ... I am an aesthete ... I was a popstar once." ~yeah, that makes things a WHOLE lot less creepy.

Ewww, that is the creepiest thing I have read this month!

Awesome user with default custom title itadakimasu's Avatar
    I was watching Dateline last night about that girl who had been kidnapped for 18 years, and had 2 babies by her kidnapper....

Anyhow.... it was pretty disturbing. They actually sentenced this guy to life in prison in the late 70's I think it was... He got married while in jail and managed to get sympathy w\ his new wife w\ the parole board and he was paroled after just 11 years in jail.

He'd been given 50 years for kidnap and rape, and a life sentence for other crimes including other rapes, etc and his testimony about watching children at schools and what not.

It was very disturbing though, that they had this sick guy locked up on a life sentence but then decided to parole him? and sure enough, he instantly went back to kidnap, rape, and probably murder too.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20091103/...rland_polanski

Do the swiss let people make bail offers? I guess most criminals don't have millions of dollars to spare to do that...

I'd like to think that what people did in the past should stay in the past if they've taken responsibility for their actions and been punished...

Is there a statute of limitations on child molestation?
    Last edited by XanBcoo; Tue, 11-03-2009 at 11:58 AM.

Transsexual Jesus Sparks Protests. link
    These protests were actually pretty tame. I imagine the crowds would have been a lot angrier in more conservative areas.
    "Samsonlonghair - The Defender of the Oppressed And Shunned!" -Kraco

Awesome user with default custom title XanBcoo's Avatar
    Because Jesus' message was all about hating people different from you.

I agree, though. It did seem pretty tame.

<@Terra> he told me this, "man actually meeting terra is so fucking big", and he started crying. Then he bought me hot dogs

Quote Originally Posted by XanBcoo
    Because Jesus' message was all about hating people different from you.

Not that I'm for or against Jesus, but there are people out there that would agree with that statement.