Page 75 of 159 FirstFirst ... 256571727374757677787985125 ... LastLast
Results 1,481 to 1,500 of 3180

Thread: In the news today

Quote Originally Posted by UChessmaster
    Kanye West is an attention whore, so is MTV in general. I would not be at all surprised if they turned around and paid him for that. They couldn't possibly get better press for this trash and their collective farce of award shows. I'm sure that nothing pleased the executives at the leading channel for manufactured drama more than this did.

In other news, water is wet, sky is blue.

If that piece of shit network had an femtogram of integrity left, they would not have allowed him to even get up there.

Awesome user with default custom title XanBcoo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryllharu
    They couldn't possibly get better press for this trash and their collective farce of award shows. I'm sure that nothing pleased the executives at the leading channel for manufactured drama more than this did.
    Quoting this so hard.

Anyway I felt bad for Taylor whatshername because she seriously looked like she was about to cry, but when Beyonce won Best Video of the year, she called Taylor up and let her give her acceptance speech. Pretty classy, even though it was likely staged.

But even then that kind of bugs me. How can Beyonce win Best Video over all but not win Best Video for her gender category? "Everyone gets a trophy" I guess. What a joke MTV is.

Edit: hahaha, KANYE ARE CAN TYPE GOOD:
    Last edited by XanBcoo; Mon, 09-14-2009 at 06:40 PM.

<@Terra> he told me this, "man actually meeting terra is so fucking big", and he started crying. Then he bought me hot dogs

Awesome user with default custom title Pandadice's Avatar
    whoa, i saw that, noticed it was some youtube video, and didn't really think anything of it. then i saw it on CNN earlier and I was like "are they seriously covering this?". and then i was just on facebook and like every single person has a status about this.. it is seriously being blown outta the water...

user posted image

Kanye's quote is now a new internet meme. There are a ton of pictures of it. http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/9...2973607556.jpg for example.

http://kanyewestdouchebag.com/blog/k...t-lol-pictures

And a Kelly Clarkson blogpost: http://iamkelly.wordpress.com/2009/09/14/kanye-west/
    Last edited by Idealistic; Mon, 09-14-2009 at 11:51 PM.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VxKIc...eature=related

Yeah, it's being blown out of proportion, but it's fun to hate someone as horrible as Kanye.

<@Terra> he told me this, "man actually meeting terra is so fucking big", and he started crying. Then he bought me hot dogs

Awesome user with default custom title Pandadice's Avatar
    dude's still got awesome music though.

oh yeah, they played that obama video on CNN.

though when they introduced it i thought it was gonna go the other way. and have "YOU LIE!" shouted after kanye's outburst :\

user posted image

He really doesn't have awesome music. His last album was made with Garage Band.

Anyway:

Student kills burglar with Katana

Quote Originally Posted by CNN
    A Johns Hopkins University student killed an apparent burglar with a samurai sword after discovering the man in his garage, police said Tuesday.

Baltimore, Maryland, police received a phone call shortly before 1:30 a.m. Tuesday about a suspicious person, and an off-duty officer arrived at the scene with campus security, city police spokesman Anthony Guglielmi said.

When authorities arrived, they heard calls for help and for police, he said. They discovered a suspected burglar with a severed left hand and severe lacerations to his upper body, Guglielmi said.

The suspect died at the scene, he said.

The man had entered a home where several Johns Hopkins students lived, Guglielmi said. Four students, one armed with a samurai sword, had confronted the suspect in the garage.

The man "lunged" at the students, and the student with the sword defended himself, severing the man's left hand and cutting his upper body, Guglielmi said.
    I want to believe that this guy is the fattest weeaboo. Still, at least he had a way to defend himself.

Cops forcibly drawing blood from druggy suspects

Going too far!!!!

http://tinyurl.com/bloodrape
    "Leaving hell is not the same as entering it." - Tierce Japhrimel

Farewell to Yoshito Usui (臼井儀人 April 21, 1958 – September 19, 2009), you will be loved and missed by all Shin-chan fans.
    "Our hearts are full of memories but not all of them reflect the truth. The heart isn't a recording device. Even important memories change with time. They warp or fade, leaving us with but a shadow of what we hoped to remember." 天の道を行き、全てを司る。これは僕の世界。

Ah that's terrible.

I had a bad feeling when i found out he was missing a few days ago .

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

That's a little sad. Here I've been waiting to find out that there's a secret underground civilization on Mars and that they'll soon invite us to live with them.

Just because water doesn't flow on Mars, that doesn't imply that there's no water on Mars. Remember the water-filled caves of Arrakis, also known as Dune? They just need the Messiah to come and reveal the water on Mars, much as Paul Muad'dib brought rain to Arrakis.

For God will not permit that we shall know what is to come... those who by some sorcery or by some dream might come to pierce the veil that lies so darkly over all that is before them may serve by just that vision to cause that God should wrench the world from its heading and set it upon another course altogether and then where stands the sorcerer? Where the dreamer and his dream?

Quote Originally Posted by Animeniax
    Just because water doesn't flow on Mars, that doesn't imply that there's no water on Mars. Remember the water-filled caves of Arrakis, also known as Dune? They just need the Messiah to come and reveal the water on Mars, much as Paul Muad'dib brought rain to Arrakis.

So all those rivulets and ravines were made by Shai-hulud?

Quote Originally Posted by rockmanj
    So all those rivulets and ravines were made by Shai-hulud?
    I think that's how it worked. It's either the bile from the baby worms, or it's regular water that they drown a baby worm in to transform it into the water of life.

For God will not permit that we shall know what is to come... those who by some sorcery or by some dream might come to pierce the veil that lies so darkly over all that is before them may serve by just that vision to cause that God should wrench the world from its heading and set it upon another course altogether and then where stands the sorcerer? Where the dreamer and his dream?

Dust storms turn Sydney red

How many Aussie Gotwooters are seeing that?

Quote Originally Posted by XanBcoo
    So, instead of arranging arduous experiments for years in their lab those researchers from Bill's post could have just travelled to Sydney to find red dust everywhere?

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    I wasn't in Sydney, but we still got a milder version here in Brisbane. The sky was looking pretty funny through the tinted windows of my morning bus, but it wasn't anything unusual.

That is, until I got out after a lecture at 12pm. Visibility was low, the sky was brown/red, and I kept getting sand in my eye. My nose felt really dirty by the end of the day (both inside and out), but I was inside for the worst of it.

No where near as bad as Sydney though. They got caught in the Great Red Spot or something.

I was going to make a Martian reference, but Kraco beat me to it.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

I know it must have sucked for everyone in Sydney to put up with that, but I love all the pictures taken. Photographers must have been having a field day with that Post-apocalyptic Mars.

It also lent itself to some awesome photoshoppery:

Awesome user with default custom title itadakimasu's Avatar
    http://www.reuters.com/article/domes...58O5XD20090925

They had this on the news yesterday and i just caught the last couple seconds of the story, which prompted me to goto my computer and start googling...

Turns out the guy didn't have a real bomb, but a fake bomb provided by undercover FBI agents... but still...he thought he was about to blow up a building full of people. no way in hell should they let him go.

It's a really weird thing because I live in dallas... and in the past I've always been a little bit against government evesdropping, etc... but I'm starting to lean alot more the other way, especially since I have nothing to hide. There are people living both legally and illegally in america who would like nothing better than to kill americans and try to ruin our way of life.

I think alot of rules go out the window here because stopping people from bombing our country far is alot more important than things like wiretapping suspected terrorists, etc... peoples rights being violated won't mean anything if we're all dead or if our economy is shut down by attacks.