Page 72 of 159 FirstFirst ... 226268697071727374757682122 ... LastLast
Results 1,421 to 1,440 of 3180

Thread: In the news today

Quote Originally Posted by Death BOO Z
    my my, thank you, mister common sense scientist . you say I shouldn't go off wondering around without a navigator-y aid? what a new idea! what are you going to suggest next? to always carry water with me while traveling in the desert?
    Only if you're a wuss. Weren't you in the army for some years? Didn't they teach you how to find your way with moss covered rocks and how to survive in the wild? I guess your army doesn't have the high standards of ours. That's what you get with mandatory service, a bunch of goobers who don't even want to be there.

For God will not permit that we shall know what is to come... those who by some sorcery or by some dream might come to pierce the veil that lies so darkly over all that is before them may serve by just that vision to cause that God should wrench the world from its heading and set it upon another course altogether and then where stands the sorcerer? Where the dreamer and his dream?

"Our hearts are full of memories but not all of them reflect the truth. The heart isn't a recording device. Even important memories change with time. They warp or fade, leaving us with but a shadow of what we hoped to remember." 天の道を行き、全てを司る。これは僕の世界。

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    That squirrel reminds me of the one from Ice Age.

Study: Games are depressing...or are they?

The article isn't exactly entertaining or interesting, but "the average gamer is 35 years old" caught my eye. I was expecting something lower.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

That line certainly caught my surprise, as well, but the article itself wasn't that informative of what I don't already know.
    I am training in the shadows.
    Currently playing: All of your games, probably.

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalobiian

The article isn't exactly entertaining or interesting, but "the average gamer is 35 years old" caught my eye. I was expecting something lower.
    That's nothing new really, I've known that for at least 2 years.
    -----------------

Quote Originally Posted by Animeniax
    Only if you're a wuss.
    yes.
    Weren't you in the army for some years?
    Three years, to be exact.
    Didn't they teach you how to find your way with moss covered rocks and how to survive in the wild?
    No. I know some of that stuff, but not from army trainning.
    I guess your army doesn't have the high standards of ours
    Might not, we have some good points though.
    That's what you get with mandatory service, a bunch of goobers who don't even want to be there.
    No shit, Sherlock. Mandatory service is a huge pile of steaming hot shit. and people like me are the better result of it. You do not want to speak to the others.

and on a general matter. what's with the poop slinging?

sig made by Itachi-y2k5, thanks, dude!
    Currently Watching: probably a show directed at 9 years old girls, lets be honest.

You know the important distinction between Batman and me? Batman is fictional. In real life, there isn't always an alternative.

and people like me are the better result of it.
    Your CO would probably disagree.

and on a general matter. what's with the poop slinging?
    Gotta do something with all the poop.

For God will not permit that we shall know what is to come... those who by some sorcery or by some dream might come to pierce the veil that lies so darkly over all that is before them may serve by just that vision to cause that God should wrench the world from its heading and set it upon another course altogether and then where stands the sorcerer? Where the dreamer and his dream?

those damn democrats, always clinging to the chairs and never thinking of the people who voted for them. unlike the republicans. who are doing everything they can for the small man.
    I laughed out loud.

Cell phone activates oven

http://tech.yahoo.com/blogs/null/147548

Mine's a good old analogue oven. My powerbox is in our garage (main point of entry/exit) in our house, and we have been trained to turn off the stove/oven power there when we leave.

There's this video that's been in the news a lot lately. It's a video from December 1984, that shows a karate student beating down a man in a dojo and possibly killing him while the instructor watches.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8zQi0aT_o0g

Warning: The video is pretty brutal.

KMPH News video about the case - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rw9ai90Fa84
    Last edited by Marik; Tue, 08-25-2009 at 01:05 PM.

Oh wow, that was brutal, alright. What was that man thinking!?
    I am training in the shadows.
    Currently playing: All of your games, probably.

Awesome user with default custom title Pandadice's Avatar
    why do they refer to him as a mentally challenged man?

dang it.. that video pisses me off. i thought karate was about discipline. the dude from the dojo clearly just got frustrated at how he couldn't land a hit and the other dude was staying calm, and keeping up a superior attitude.

but man thats messed up when he starts kicking his face in..

and the showing of the trail of blood just infuriates me. thats just impossibly messed up.

user posted image

Awesome user with default custom title XanBcoo's Avatar
    I saw that video earlier last week when the master of the dojo (the fat fuck) posted it on his own youtube for some reason.

The guy is assumed to be Schizophrenic. Blythe had written a lot about him on the info section of the video and described how he was a regular nuisance around town. He invited him to his dojo so they guy could teach him his moves, but really had planned to beat him down regardless.

What's most infuriating is how that lumpy "black belt" is even considered a black belt at all. He basically just goes for groin kicks while the Schizo dances around him, then reverts to street brawling and cheap shots once the other guy gives up. Fucking pitiful.

I know the guy probably died of head trauma but I'd like to think he's sparring with Jesus right now .

Edit: The irony of it all is tragic. Martial arts is intended for self-defense, but the guy's kind-hearted pacifism prevents him from using it when it's most necessary.
    Last edited by XanBcoo; Tue, 08-25-2009 at 02:05 AM.

<@Terra> he told me this, "man actually meeting terra is so fucking big", and he started crying. Then he bought me hot dogs

Even if nobody else gets charged, that fat guy (I don't care which one) should suffer the heavy penalties for his actions.

There was an incident here a few years ago, where a bunch of highschool youths were having a party. When it was over, a group of people attacked some guy until he was on the ground, then kicked his head afterwards. He died. It had quite an impact because the assaulters were from my school and year level.

That was pretty harsh, though I don't see how the guy was "seriously mentally challenged". The black belt is completely not worthy of his belt, that was just weak ass street brawling without any control or discipline.
    Definitly did not see any karate, just a shameful beatdown.
    -----------------

That sucked. I wonder how many martial art practitioners actually understand the meaning and intent of whatever they have been learning for years. The brutality is not justified at all, especially hitting an already floored opponent. I hope the people in the dojo get what they deserve.
    "Our hearts are full of memories but not all of them reflect the truth. The heart isn't a recording device. Even important memories change with time. They warp or fade, leaving us with but a shadow of what we hoped to remember." 天の道を行き、全てを司る。これは僕の世界。

The video is from a while back, and as far as I've heard, no one was punished for the crime.

The thing with martial arts is, as evidenced by MMA, people don't all learn martial arts for the purported self-defense, self-control, and oneness with the universe. It's like a gun I suppose. In the wrong hands, it's deadly.

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,27574...04-401,00.html

yeah, Jurassic Park just got real.

user posted image

I always wondered what dinosaurs taste like. I may live to find out after all.

^probably tastes like chicken xD

user posted image