Page 69 of 159 FirstFirst ... 195965666768697071727379119 ... LastLast
Results 1,361 to 1,380 of 3180

Thread: In the news today

Awesome user with default custom title XanBcoo's Avatar
    That's really interesting, though I can't see why they're treating it as some sort of scientific revolution. What are the benefits of replacing silicon with graphene? Is it just cheaper to produce or what?

And for today's gossip: http://www.scientificblogging.com/j_...ntity_disorder
    Am I seriously suggesting that Michael Jackson was a homosexual autohebephile whose erotic goals included resembling Peter Pan and having sex with pubescent boys? I sure am. If I am right, then somewhere there are images of Peter Pan that Michael Jackson brought to a plastic surgeon. There are also computer-generated images of the surgeon's plans for Jackson's face. But I am less certain that Peter Pan is the inspiration of Michael Jackson's plastic surgeon than about the general idea that Jackson was trying to be a pubescent male.
    Interesting little theory about MJ he's got going on here. Not totally unfounded, either.

<@Terra> he told me this, "man actually meeting terra is so fucking big", and he started crying. Then he bought me hot dogs

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by XanBcoo
    That's really interesting, though I can't see why they're treating it as some sort of scientific revolution. What are the benefits of replacing silicon with graphene? Is it just cheaper to produce or what?
    I'm guessing it's like when some guy said "Computers of the future would be as big as an entire room, and only the very rich could afford one", then along game microcircuits.

The fact that it can be made to 1-atom thick means it's suddenly possible to produce much smaller chips and circuits than before. The fact it's so hardy yet flexible only enhances this. Then increase that performance by 100x.

Current silicon circuit manufacturing technology might have its limits to how small they can etch or produce silicon circuits, as well as how well the silicon will stay intact in such small quantities.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalobiian
    Gundarium alloy get! :3
    -----------------

Woman Finds A Frog in Her Green Beans

I'm glad I don't eat vegetables.

Quote Originally Posted by Marik
    Say hello to colon cancer in 50 years' time.

Quote Originally Posted by Marik
    Woman Finds A Frog in Her Green Beans

Ugh, I read the bulk of that story before I read the warning at the top. I have a weak stomach and overactive imagination. Now I'm going to have to start checking everything I own for dead frogs. That is so disgusting.

In other weird news:

Fake bus stop constructed to keep Alzheimer patients under control

<@Terra> he told me this, "man actually meeting terra is so fucking big", and he started crying. Then he bought me hot dogs

That frog video was funny. The bus stop one too, in a different (cleaner) sense.

"When you're washing field vegetables, you're going to get certain little pieces and parts, but we certainly don't want something so large you can identify what it is."
    The way she said it, it's like the manufacturers should have diced up the remainder of the frog into minuscule, unidentifiable pieces...like the other 25%....

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalobiian
    The way she said it, it's like the manufacturers should have diced up the remainder of the frog into minuscule, unidentifiable pieces...like the other 25%....
    Haha yeah. It's like she's pretty much saying, that all of that frozen stuff contains small field animal parts and you just didn't know because they cut them up real small.

@ when they showed the frog on the paper towel.

Awesome user with default custom title Pandadice's Avatar
    the craziest furry storry you'll ever read

Christopher Monks, 24, wanted Shaun Skarnes to murder his parents Christopher and Elizabeth Monks while they slept and then perform an extreme sex act on him, Preston Crown Court was told.

The bisexual pair are alleged to have hatched the plot after meeting on an internet site about "Furries" – people who pretend to be animal characters and share sexual role-playing fantasies.
    what is this extreme sex act you wonder?

"It seems that Skarnes was to receive no money for killing Mr and Mrs Monks but the prospect of biting off Monks' penis. This was the climactic act of the conspiracy."

user posted image

Well... that is certainly strange, and a way to get your penis bitten off.
    I am training in the shadows.
    Currently playing: All of your games, probably.

Wow, that's very disturbing. He's letting someone kill his parents and bite his dick off, WTF!?
    Last edited by Marik; Wed, 07-22-2009 at 12:35 PM.

Sounds like someone is going to Broadmoor...

That's just really creepy.

I like their previous name better, "Broadmoor Criminal Lunatic Asylum", has a nice ring to it dontcha think? ;P

"Always be yourself... unless you suck."

Quote Originally Posted by Penner
    I like their previous name better, "Broadmoor Criminal Lunatic Asylum", has a nice ring to it dontcha think? ;P
    Of course, it's a nice, concise way of saying:

"You're a sinner."
    "You're mentally fucked up."

"You need help."

Awesome user with default custom title itadakimasu's Avatar
    Yesterday on my way home they were talking about this chinese man who killed himself because of his being investigated in the disappearance of a prototype iPhone. He was working I guess shipping off the prototypes and one went missing and they were searching his home and what not and he winds up killing himself...

I haven't seen this on a major news network but I was curious if how people see this. I'm not going to stop using my iphone or anything but it was a little shocking to me.

Body Suits banned

It'll be interesting to see just how much a performance boost these super-skins have been giving athletes.

An explanation of drug use related to Michael Jackson's death, given by....Michael.

http://m.www.yahoo.com/_ylt=AlfE8fx3...722%26src=news

Not from a prestigious source or anything, but this still made me laugh:

Government forcing me to eat unhealthy chocolate and crisps

She said: "It's been a matter of weeks and I'm already nearly a stone heavier from all the junk I've had to eat.

"I can't afford WeightWatchers crisps and healthy cereal bars anymore so instead I have to go for cheap chocolate and packets of fatty Space Invaders.

"I've also had to cancel my gym membership and instead of healthy salads for my evening meal, we have cheaper dinners like toad in the hole.

"My daily calorie count has gone from 1,200 a day to 2,500. It's just not fair."

Toad in the hole? the hell?

"Always be yourself... unless you suck."

http://www.engadget.com/2009/08/02/r...-to-the-shack/
    Radio Shack rebranding to "The Shack"?

I don't know how many countries have Radio Shacks, but this comes off as one of the worst PR moves in a long time. For a company that should be more appropriately named "Strange Batteries, Inc." or "We Stopped Selling Electronic Components and Now We Have Cellphones!" this just seems...really dumb.