Page 67 of 159 FirstFirst ... 175763646566676869707177117 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,340 of 3180

Thread: In the news today

how much can that site (TMZ) be trusted?
    it seems a bit early to call the condition out.

sig made by Itachi-y2k5, thanks, dude!
    Currently Watching: probably a show directed at 9 years old girls, lets be honest.

You know the important distinction between Batman and me? Batman is fictional. In real life, there isn't always an alternative.

Quote Originally Posted by Nadouku
    This is a first that I've seen this. Was that kid mentally ill or something?
    They say serial killers get their start by killing small animals.

“For God will not permit that we shall know what is to come... those who by some sorcery or by some dream might come to pierce the veil that lies so darkly over all that is before them may serve by just that vision to cause that God should wrench the world from its heading and set it upon another course altogether and then where stands the sorcerer? Where the dreamer and his dream?”

Awesome user with default custom title poopdeville's Avatar
    R.I.P. Michael Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by itadakimasu
    http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090625/...koreas_nuclear

So... this is a little disturbing to me. I know George Bush is no longer in office but if we pre-emptively attacked a mostly quiet iraq... wtf do we do when N Korea says they're going to nuke us if we attack them?
    We... proceed to not attack, since we don't want our South Korean allies to get flattened under North Korean artillery (armed with chemical warheads). The same thing we have done since the 1950s.

If we went to war with North Korea, millions of people would die in the first HOUR.
    Last edited by Kraco; Thu, 06-25-2009 at 11:25 PM. Reason: Double posting.
    "After all, I am strangely colored."

Quote Originally Posted by poopdeville
    We... proceed to not attack, since we don't want our South Korean allies to get flattened under North Korean artillery (armed with chemical warheads). The same thing we have done since the 1950s.

If we went to war with North Korea, millions of people would die in the first HOUR.
    I don't think the North Koreans will have the support of the Chinese or Soviets that they had in the past, so it would be less of a stalemate this time. I think Japan and South Korea have had enough of living next to Kim Jong Il and his regime, and may press for US assistance in attacking North Korea.

“For God will not permit that we shall know what is to come... those who by some sorcery or by some dream might come to pierce the veil that lies so darkly over all that is before them may serve by just that vision to cause that God should wrench the world from its heading and set it upon another course altogether and then where stands the sorcerer? Where the dreamer and his dream?”

How can Japan attack anyone? They don't even have an army, iirc they are allowed only to do self defense.
    -----------------

R.I.P. Michael Jackson
    WHAttttttttttttttttttttttTTTTTTTTTTTTttttttttttttt tttttttttttTT?
    "Leaving hell is not the same as entering it." - Tierce Japhrimel

R.I.P. Michael Jackson
    Rest in Pieces

Quote Originally Posted by Animeniax
    I don't think the North Koreans will have the support of the Chinese or Soviets that they had in the past, so it would be less of a stalemate this time. I think Japan and South Korea have had enough of living next to Kim Jong Il and his regime, and may press for US assistance in attacking North Korea.
    Well, South Korea might want to, but they will pretty much have to evacuate the entire country before they can attack. All of South Korea is in range of North Korea's chemical artillery.

Yes, holding South Korea hostage is a trick North Korea can only do once. But boy, killing multiple millions of people in an hour is a very serious threat, even if they will get walloped afterwards. It's mutually assured destruction, on a small scale.

Quote Originally Posted by Sapphire
    WHAT
    Yeah, I guess I made it sound like one of those "Goodnight, sweet prince" trolls. But it's true, supposedly.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_obit_m...NvdXJjZW1pY2g-

Quote Originally Posted by darkshadow
    How can Japan attack anyone? They don't even have an army, iirc they are allowed only to do self defense.
    They have a self-defense force that is 235,000 strong. As they say, sometimes the best defense is a good offense. The definition of self-defense is pretty loose.

There's rumors that Jeff Goldblum died now....(lol)
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

Awesome user with default custom title XanBcoo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Assertn
    There's rumors that Jeff Goldblum died now....(lol)
    The Internet: Pissing off Kevin Spacey

Seriously though, this news kinda sucks.

MTV is also marathoning his videos: http://www.mtvmusic.com/playlists/mt...tentId=1614737

<@Terra> he told me this, "man actually meeting terra is so fucking big", and he started crying. Then he bought me hot dogs

Blog Entries
    The king is dead

Well at least it wasn't drugs

live press conference on MJ
    lol, everyone's singing "beat it" in the live feed now
    Last edited by Assertn; Thu, 06-25-2009 at 08:03 PM.
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

I'm sorry to hear that. I remember meeting him in December 06 when he came to Augusta for James Brown's funeral. I can't believe he's dead now too.

Wait... James Brown is dead? Now that's a fucking tragedy. :0(

Dang, so many people dying... such tragedy, indeed.
    I am training in the shadows.
    Currently playing: All of your games, probably.

Farah Fawcett died too.

Awesome user with default custom title itadakimasu's Avatar
    yeah... farah died early this morning...

Is it bad that I considered the possibility of MJ faking his death right after i heard about it? I mean, he was in debt like crazy and was gearing up for this huge sold out concert.

Will he remain an enigma like tupac?

Quote Originally Posted by Nadouku
    Dang, so many people dying... such tragedy, indeed.
    They were all old. That's what old people do.

Awesome user with default custom title itadakimasu's Avatar
    They just showed on jimmy kimmell where the Bruno movie premier was blocking MJ's hollywood star, so people were gathering around another michael jackson star who is some old radio guy....