Page 46 of 159 FirstFirst ... 364243444546474849505696146 ... LastLast

Thread: In the news today

I found this article to be interesting, mainly because it highlights the wasteful trashings of something valuable to others. Take a look at it.
    I am training in the shadows.
    Currently playing: All of your games, probably.

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nadouku
    I found this article to be interesting, mainly because it highlights the wasteful trashings of something valuable to others. Take a look at it.
    That shows just how stringent our laws have become in order to rule out just that one-in-one-thousand individual who would exploit it. My neighbour and I had a discussion about this yesterday. In Australia here, childcare people aren't allowed to "touch" the children unless it was absolutely unavoidable. While we see how this is necessary, think about trying to help kids apply sunscreen? Or when they want a cuddle, and you have to push them away.

She worked at a police/state-run childcare before, and she told of how there was one man that all the children loved - he was great with them, and never did anything to hurt them. He loved them just as they loved him. He got fired because of one parent's complaint though. Apparently, while he was catching a girl from a trampoline, he "held her too long".

I wasn't there, and this account could well be biased, but there it is anyway.

She's actually a qualified psychologist, and she thought that this sort of upbringing really severs the bonds that children form with people as they grow. She hypothesised that it's this lack of emotional bonding and upbringing that has lead to increased instances violation between people (assault, theft, rape etc).

She says when you don't feel and empathise with others, it's a lot easier to make the decision to hurt them, and I see truth in what she says.

My mother said similar things - school these days don't effectively teach behaviour anymore. Teaching knowledge without teaching how to use it, as she puts it.

/off topic - but amazing how something like that stemmed from legalising garbage collecting

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

Teen charged with assaulting mom with taco

All because she pulled the cord on his XBOX.

Sounds like a really poor news day when a taco attack becomes a news item.

Quote Originally Posted by Kraco
    Sounds like a really poor news day when a taco attack becomes a news item.
    yea it's really sad that the kid stoop so low to disrecpect his mom with tacos, I wonder if it was (hard shell taco or soft shell) if it was hard shell taco I wouldve press charges lol
    "The End Justify The Means"

What pisses me off is that it's costing taxpayers money to teach this kid a lesson instead of his parents disciplining his ass at home. Hopefully they lock him up with some street toughs so one lesson is all he needs.

For God will not permit that we shall know what is to come... those who by some sorcery or by some dream might come to pierce the veil that lies so darkly over all that is before them may serve by just that vision to cause that God should wrench the world from its heading and set it upon another course altogether and then where stands the sorcerer? Where the dreamer and his dream?

Quote Originally Posted by Animeniax
    What pisses me off is that it's costing taxpayers money to teach this kid a lesson instead of his parents disciplining his ass at home. Hopefully they lock him up with some street toughs so one lesson is all he needs.
    after reading the news these days,I have to say that we live in a dark world, and taxpayers always pay the price at the end of the day.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/28745226/

I thought this was kind of interesting.

Awesome user with default custom title XanBcoo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rockmanj
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/28745226/

I thought this was kind of interesting.
    As someone from another board pointed out, you should note the differences in reporting the way Obama "stumbled":

Quote Originally Posted by MSNBC
    Roberts, who used no notes, stumbled at one point, appearing to forget the opening words. Obama, a former constitutional law professor, paused until Roberts got back on track with “I will faithfully execute the office of president to the United States.”
    Quote Originally Posted by Fox News
    But at one point early on, Obama paused, as if grasping for the next words. Roberts helped him over the brief awkward moment, repeating a few words to get Obama back on track.
    MSNBC/CNN: Roberts screwed up
    FOX: Obama is like a child who needs help reading "Pet the Kitty"

And now, hours later, Fox has amended their article to say that it was indeed Roberts who dropped the ball on that one. It's laughable how full of shit they are on that network.

<@Terra> he told me this, "man actually meeting terra is so fucking big", and he started crying. Then he bought me hot dogs

I like how Fox news has to remind us they are "fair and balanced" by saying they are fair and balanced after every station identification.

For God will not permit that we shall know what is to come... those who by some sorcery or by some dream might come to pierce the veil that lies so darkly over all that is before them may serve by just that vision to cause that God should wrench the world from its heading and set it upon another course altogether and then where stands the sorcerer? Where the dreamer and his dream?

Awesome user with default custom title The Heretic Azazel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by XanBcoo

And now, hours later, Fox has amended their article to say that it was indeed Roberts who dropped the ball on that one. It's laughable how full of shit they are on that network.
    Absolutely. Their assertion that they are fair and balanced is absurd. The only reason I sometimes watch them is because the liberal media is so disgustingly in the tank for Obama and I feel I need to balance my news networks out. The liberal media is almost just as bad, and even though they are not as hateful as their conservative counterparts, they make up for it by never letting people on their shows with differing opinions. Just two or three guys circle jerking each other arguing over semantics.

Especially Rachel Maddow. That bulldyke bitch is super annoying.
    "They call it 'The American Dream' because you have to be asleep to believe it" - George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by The Heretic Azazel
    The only reason I sometimes watch them is because the liberal media is so disgustingly in the tank for Obama and I feel I need to balance my news networks out. The liberal media is almost just as bad
    Similarly, I watched both CNN and Fox's coverage of the inauguration. When all networks claim to be balanced but none get it right, it's up to the viewer to do the balancing themself.

I also watch the O'Reilly Factor whenever I can spare a moment. "Know thy enemy..."

<@Terra> he told me this, "man actually meeting terra is so fucking big", and he started crying. Then he bought me hot dogs

How Stimulus Affects You

I thought it was an interesting take on what the money is used for by the government and how it's applied to us, the citizens.
    I am training in the shadows.
    Currently playing: All of your games, probably.

Obama Retakes Oath of Office
    WASHINGTON - After the flub heard around the world, President Barack Obama has taken the oath of office. Again. Chief Justice John Roberts delivered the oath to Obama on Wednesday night at the White House — a rare do-over.

The surprise moment came in response to Tuesday's much-noticed stumble, when Roberts got the words of the oath a little off, which prompted Obama to do so, too.

Don't worry, the White House says: Obama has still been president since noon on Inauguration Day. Nevertheless, Obama and Roberts went through the drill again out of what White House counsel Greg Craig called "an abundance of caution."

Awesome user with default custom title The Heretic Azazel's Avatar
    Some prick on Fox News actually questioned if Barack would technically be the President because of the mistake.

Oh the hilarity.
    "They call it 'The American Dream' because you have to be asleep to believe it" - George Carlin

You're referring to this I think: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uIXuGed_MEc

Saw that clip tonight on the Daily Show (or was it Colbert?). I can't even get angry at the guy. It is hilarious. Just the smarminess of the way he says it.

You're referring to this I think: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uIXuGed_MEc

Saw that clip tonight on the Daily Show (or was it Colbert?). I can't even get angry at the guy. It is hilarious. Just the smarminess of the way he says it.

Jesus, that's retarded...

Obama was face with over two million people, also I believe he had a fear of being killed since their are still a lot of people who still don't believe in him and have their own views. (raciest views)

If it was me I would’ve stumble all over my words during oath just from the stage freight alone

If I could change my name
    to Saberfire... I would
    image fail!

Awesome user with default custom title UChessmaster's Avatar
    Guy dressed like Joker kills 2 babies, and one 54 year old

http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNew...hub=TopStories
    You cannot hope to build a better world without improving the individuals. To that end each of us must work for his own improvement, and at the same time share a general responsibility for all humanity, our particular duty being to aid those to whom we think we can be most useful. -Marie Curie