Page 45 of 159 FirstFirst ... 354142434445464748495595145 ... LastLast

Thread: In the news today

Yeah. It has more sugar and fat than a whole pie or cake...

2600 isn't that much >_> I get far more per day.
    -----------------

Awesome user with default custom title XanBcoo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by darkshadow
    2600 isn't that much >_> I get far more per day.
    Your metabolism is fast because you're young, and you probably don't get such a large percentage of your caloric intake from sugar and fat. You're also not considering that drinking one of these would be adding to what you would have already eaten that day. I eat roughly 4,000 calories a day, and I exercise regularly. Drinking one of those things in one sitting would mean adding 50% more to my daily intake. These aren't good calories either.

You might as well drink a gallon of fat before bed.

<@Terra> he told me this, "man actually meeting terra is so fucking big", and he started crying. Then he bought me hot dogs

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    Cop just centimetres from saving troubled teen

Adding to our list of "idiots in the news" (the crowd). I'd think they knew the guy, since I can't imagine normal people doing that. Fucktards.

That cop must have it pretty hard too, unless s/he's used to all this. Even then, he'd feel he could have done better.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

Mind your workplace manners -- it pays

Hmm, nothing witty to say here.
    I am training in the shadows.
    Currently playing: All of your games, probably.

Airplane Crashes into Hudson River

All 155 survived. Apparently it was caused by birds slamming into the engines? lolwut?

"The Bird Hazard a bigger threat to planes than terrorists"

It actually happens a lot, but the bigger aircraft aren't really bothered by it cause of the crazy huge turbines, plus they can still fly even if one of the engine fails. But yeah if a bird gets stuck in one of those smaller engines, the engine is toast.

That's why big airports sound a small alarm to get rid of birds if there are any in the area.
    -----------------

Kind of sad but I read in that book "The World Without Us" that human structures like towers and buildings are killing off song birds in increasing millions. I guess we can add airplanes to the list of man-made things birds die from crashing into.

For God will not permit that we shall know what is to come... those who by some sorcery or by some dream might come to pierce the veil that lies so darkly over all that is before them may serve by just that vision to cause that God should wrench the world from its heading and set it upon another course altogether and then where stands the sorcerer? Where the dreamer and his dream?

You're saying that the world would be different if we didn't exist? holy shit!
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

Junior
    Quote Originally Posted by darkmetal505
    Girl sells her virginity for 3.7 million dollars to pay for school

Seriously, why would you pay that much for a virgin anyway?
    ...What? 3.7 million? That's crazy. She better be gorgeous.
    Oh, and that picture.That really her? The head looks like it was photoshopped on. (probably to protect her identity)

And about Buffa's post...

Detective Inspector Thacker yesterday told an inquest into Dykes's death that a crowd gathered below the ledge and started hurling abuse at the teen and urging him to kill himself, Britain’s Daily Telegraph newspaper reports.
    Someone's about to kill themself and you're URGING them to do it? What kind of sick world are we living in?

Quote Originally Posted by Junior
    Someone's about to kill themself and you're URGING them to do it? What kind of sick world are we living in?
    Nah, it's precisely the kind of world we are living in. People have (relatively) lots of free time, largely are at a spiritual emptiness (due to material wellbeing), and consequently are looking for thrills and experiences everywhere to fill the hollowness inside them. As such the death of some stranger is not of as huge an impact as some anime would have you believe. In the past public executions of criminals (or anybody) were one of the most popular events among the populace, gathering huge crowds of cheerful spectators.

Will the big systems finally be slashed? Experts predict this.

I'm more inclined to believe the hecklers didn't like the fact that the guy was a homosexual.
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

Quote Originally Posted by Assertn
    You're saying that the world would be different if we didn't exist? holy shit!
    No, the book's author said it would be more like your living-room if we didn't exist. Try vacuuming once in a while.

For God will not permit that we shall know what is to come... those who by some sorcery or by some dream might come to pierce the veil that lies so darkly over all that is before them may serve by just that vision to cause that God should wrench the world from its heading and set it upon another course altogether and then where stands the sorcerer? Where the dreamer and his dream?

Quote Originally Posted by Nadouku
    Will the big systems finally be slashed? Experts predict this.
    Pachter can say all he want, sony already said no pricecut till summer 09
    -----------------

College Football's Top 10 Picks!

To agree or disagree!

Junior
    Quote Originally Posted by Kraco
    Nah, it's precisely the kind of world we are living in. People have (relatively) lots of free time, largely are at a spiritual emptiness (due to material wellbeing), and consequently are looking for thrills and experiences everywhere to fill the hollowness inside them. As such the death of some stranger is not of as huge an impact as some anime would have you believe. In the past public executions of criminals (or anybody) were one of the most popular events among the populace, gathering huge crowds of cheerful spectators.
    Yeah but...this was just an ordinary teenager. I'd understand a criminal...but really. This was cruel. =/

I'm more inclined to believe the hecklers didn't like the fact that the guy was a homosexual.
    You think they knew he was gay?

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Junior
    You think they knew he was gay?
    Depends on if they knew him. I was inclined to think they did, as I can't think why a bystander would do such a thing. Thinking of the people I knew/seen in my city though, I can think of people who would do just that - cheer for someone to die because they've got nothing better to do.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

Be careful of where you rent your small homes. It might just cost a lot

Quote Originally Posted by Nadouku
    Be careful of where you rent your small homes. It might just cost a lot
    Haha Nadouku. Your post really has nothing to do with your link.
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07