Page 29 of 159 FirstFirst ... 192526272829303132333979129 ... LastLast

Thread: In the news today

Would people stop shitting themselves, the scientists themselves say everything will be fine.

that girl is a total drama queen, she was worried that if she died because of the experiment, there will be no one left to cry for her, so she offed herself before the rush hours.

and that LHC didn't kill us , but there still are some energy limits it didn't break. so there's still hope.

sig made by Itachi-y2k5, thanks, dude!
    Currently Watching: probably a show directed at 9 years old girls, lets be honest.

You know the important distinction between Batman and me? Batman is fictional. In real life, there isn't always an alternative.

Awesome user with default custom title XanBcoo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Death BOO Z
    that girl is a total drama queen, she was worried that if she died because of the experiment, there will be no one left to cry for her, so she offed herself before the rush hours.

and that LHC didn't kill us , but there still are some energy limits it didn't break. so there's still hope.
    The msnbc article linked in the article you linked is awful. Talk about sensationalism.

It is a $4 billion instrument that scientists at the European Center of Nuclear Research, or CERN, hope to use to re-create the big bang — believed to be the event that caused the beginning of the universe
    hahaha wut??? They have absolutely no idea what they're talking about.

<@Terra> he told me this, "man actually meeting terra is so fucking big", and he started crying. Then he bought me hot dogs

how things turned out in the local tv news. (at least in my case)

"so, the LHC didn't destroy the universe"
    "very good, it will now usher a new era of knowledge upon us, but first, here with us is a D-grade celebrity, who woke up at 06:00 to promote his new shitty show".

god, I hate television.

sig made by Itachi-y2k5, thanks, dude!
    Currently Watching: probably a show directed at 9 years old girls, lets be honest.

You know the important distinction between Batman and me? Batman is fictional. In real life, there isn't always an alternative.

Well I heard they didn't do the test yet. The whole thing with the accelerated particles is really a month from now.

OMG!! I had no idea that driving while distracted can be so dangerous!!! Oh thank god for this article!

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26727674/?gt1=43001

The irony is that some people will be reading that article from their Iphones at a red light.

<@Terra> he told me this, "man actually meeting terra is so fucking big", and he started crying. Then he bought me hot dogs

Awesome user with default custom title itadakimasu's Avatar

Economy Crysis / War on Drugs

So, watching the news today... they had this huge story about the economy crysis thats happening right now. it looked like a really serious thing the way they did the broadcast.

then.. about 15 minutes later they did this story about some huge drug bust in texas and kept going on and on about how it would be less drugs on 'our' streets, and so on...

when i saw this i could only think of how good a time it would be to start actions to decriminalize many drugs. crime... gone, money... tons.

of course this would have other ripple effects like dea agents being out of a job and what not.

people aren't going to stop using drugs... they're just going to do more outrageous and desperate things to get them, causing increases in all sorts of other crimes.

lol, you've been playing too much crysis, the actual word is crisis ;P.

Anyway, that is why (certain) drugs should be legalized, so the governement can control its use to some extent.
    -----------------

"Leaving hell is not the same as entering it." - Tierce Japhrimel

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    Stopping drug crimes for that reason alone would be inappropriate. For one, it's the law enforcers' responsibility to enforce laws. Stopping crime is their job. Choosing to use desperate measures of obtaining drugs is not their fault, but those of the people. That's why besides law enforcement, educating the public is also needed, and is being done now. Allowing something to go on that is wrong to go one, because one simply thinks they may do worse if you do something about it is not the right thing to go about it. It's like bullying in school. If you tell the teacher, the dude might do something worse, and you may decide not to tell. However, it's wrong for the teacher to know about it, then do nothing because "it'll be more troublesome".

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

Awesome user with default custom title The Heretic Azazel's Avatar
    Those goddamn drug busts in Texas are why I'm paying out the ass for weed around here, since it's so close to Arkansas. Something must be done about this.
    "They call it 'The American Dream' because you have to be asleep to believe it" - George Carlin

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    I'm sure this guy doesn't smoke weed.

Happy 113th birthday for world's oldest man

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

I wonder if he can still keep his wife satisfied.

Lasers? Cookies? FTW!
    (universally beloved
    moderator ex-emerita)
    Quote Originally Posted by Idealistic
    OMG!! I had no idea that driving while distracted can be so dangerous!!! Oh thank god for this article!

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26727674/?gt1=43001
    Beware! The distractions are everywhere for drivers! The roads will never be safe, as long as there are women wearing miniskirts. At least, that's how it goes in Uganda.

That's why.. lots of places should have higher standards for driving >.>

Awesome user with default custom title itadakimasu's Avatar
    Seriously....

I think people in Uganda probably have tons of more pressing issues then mini-skirt wearing women distracting drivers.

fashion related laws - I do support some sort of ban on extreme sagging pants. i think there should be a citation involved for offenders... i just get tired of seeing people walking around with their pants half way to their knees and ass hanging out...

And what's with that stuff they're listening to on the radio these days.

"Rock and Roll". They call it music, I call it noise.

Awesome user with default custom title The Heretic Azazel's Avatar
    Hey, rock n roll ain't noise pollution.
    "They call it 'The American Dream' because you have to be asleep to believe it" - George Carlin

so, umm....wallstreet dropped 500 points and the american economy is on the verge of collapse.