Page 18 of 159 FirstFirst ... 81415161718192021222868118 ... LastLast

Thread: In the news today

At the time he probably thought he was the most brilliant scam artist in the world

98% of teens uses or has tried MySpace. If you're one of the 2% that hasn't, copy and paste this in your signature

he planned to rob he bank before handing over the check, so he could go to a diffrent bank and double the cash earnnings.

it's a fool-proof plan, it couldn't fail.

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    Snippets from story:

"....Why the seal attempted to have sex with the penguin is unclear... speculate that it was the behaviour of a frustrated, sexually inexperienced young male seal..."(lolled right there)...

"The 100kg seal first subdued the 15kg penguin by lying on it.The penguin flapped its flippers and attempted to stand and escape - but to no avail."

" The seal then alternated between resting on the penguin, and thrusting its pelvis, trying to insert itself, unsuccessfully." (lmao)

"After 45 minutes the seal gave up, swam into the water and then completely ignored the bird it had just assaulted."

rolf, pure gold indeed.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

45 minutes? That deserves credit just for determination. Though not injured, the penguin's probably going to get mentally scarred for life.
    "Our hearts are full of memories but not all of them reflect the truth. The heart isn't a recording device. Even important memories change with time. They warp or fade, leaving us with but a shadow of what we hoped to remember." 天の道を行き、全てを司る。これは僕の世界。

Quote Originally Posted by Psyke
    45 minutes? That deserves credit just for determination. Though not injured, the penguin's probably going to get mentally scarred for life.
    It will never turn it's back on a seal again.

http://edition.cnn.com/2008/WORLD/as...ef=mpstoryview

I think one of my friends' family members was killed...kinda sad.

But that article was pretty wacky...especially:
    adelie penguins sometimes "prostitute" themselves to get stones for nest-building

Was there some sort of earthquake that caused that wave? Or is the cause unknown?

Awesome user with default custom title itadakimasu's Avatar
    Last night on the local news they had this story :

this woman was being sentenced to 5 years in jail for the death of a man she was having sex with. Her husband caught them having sex and she screamed rape... her husband (of course packing heat) shoots and kills the man.

husband has no charges filed against him for killing the man, and the lady gets 5 years in jail ... not sure exactly what they charged her with... but surely 5 years for killing and/or causing a mans death is a little lenient. There are far more minor crimes committed every day that get far greater sentences then 5 years. not to mention that she will be paroled in just 2-2 1/2 years

Let's hope some hc lesbian prisoners in the prison show her what a real rape is like.

(I'm somehow glad this wasn't my 5000th post...)

Well 5 years isn't too bad, considering she could claim she had no idea her husband would kill the guy, or claim emotional distress and temporary insanity that made her say it. It was probably a split second decision anyway. Hopefully, she didn't plan ahead to yell what she did in case she was ever caught in the act of adultery. Then she'd deserve much worse.

For God will not permit that we shall know what is to come... those who by some sorcery or by some dream might come to pierce the veil that lies so darkly over all that is before them may serve by just that vision to cause that God should wrench the world from its heading and set it upon another course altogether and then where stands the sorcerer? Where the dreamer and his dream?

to bad the bullet didn't pass through him and hit her in the head...lieing slut...

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/24487056/ this caught my eye, basically a black hole was caught pulling a large star into its center the star was seen blasting off flares.

Awesome user with default custom title Uchiha Barles's Avatar
    If the guy knew she was married, he got he what he deserved. In fact, this is fucking great. Guy gets his revenge on both his wife and the dude who was screwing her (provided he knew she was married). 5 years is a bit lenient though, she should get close to the max, if not the max, for whatever penalty manslaughter carries.

well also, this being slightly related to my chosen career path..

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/24484864

intresting article about new ways to reduce bycatch and possible make safer beaches and dives.

Hmm, I thought they already employed this kind of technology in diving suits and stuff. Maybe it was just one of those imagined scenarios we had for my past physics tests.

I'm wondering why Hilary won't quit...not that I care about American politic that much, but this is just getting out of hand...

Probably for the same reason you won't leave Korea, regardless of what anyone else says or thinks.

She's dreamed of being President since Bill was in office, and probably before then. She's close enough now that to give in would be a waste of years of planning and effort. She has a massive ego, and won't even let reality or bankruptcy get in her way. Meanwhile, the Republicans are happy the Democrats are tearing each other apart before the real battle begins.

For God will not permit that we shall know what is to come... those who by some sorcery or by some dream might come to pierce the veil that lies so darkly over all that is before them may serve by just that vision to cause that God should wrench the world from its heading and set it upon another course altogether and then where stands the sorcerer? Where the dreamer and his dream?

As a Democrat, I must say I'm displeased with the stupidity displayed between our two candidates. Hillary's so far up her own ass that she doesn't see that even IF she doesn't lose to Obama, she's a sure loss to McCain, simply because of the crap-throwing she's doing, which Obama just has to return in favor. Obama is similarly in trouble, though not quite in the same boat as Hillary, what with the Wright debacle. I'm amused to see where this is going to go, even though I know a Democrat isn't going to be in office.
    Now 99% disease free!

Benevolent Dictator
    Blog Entries
    I don't think Wright will have the same media staying power in McCain's hands that it has in Hillary's, simply because of the endorsements he's deliberately courted from similar firebrand evangelicals. Play back some clips of Hagee side-by-side with Wright, and the only big difference you'll find is that Wright is black, and a bit funnier.

My prediction is Obama over McCain, 57-43 in the general election.

Quote Originally Posted by Animeniax
    Probably for the same reason you won't leave Korea, regardless of what anyone else says or thinks.

She's dreamed of being President since Bill was in office, and probably before then. She's close enough now that to give in would be a waste of years of planning and effort. She has a massive ego, and won't even let reality or bankruptcy get in her way. Meanwhile, the Republicans are happy the Democrats are tearing each other apart before the real battle begins.
    Well, actually, its my boss that's kept me here...I don't see how your critique of Hilary Clinton applies to me, but anyway...It does look like the Democrats are just wasting time and resources in a contest that could be rendered moot because of various factors. I'm quite taken aback at how Reverend Wright has damaged Obama's campaign so. I mean, whho could have predicted that happening? And there's still that niche of people that thing "race" is a factor in being able to the the CIC . Not surprisingly, a lot of those people are kinda old and lack education.