Page 137 of 159 FirstFirst ... 3787127133134135136137138139140141147 ... LastLast
Results 2,721 to 2,740 of 3180

Thread: In the news today

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sapphire View Post
    HOLY FUCKING FUCKING HOLY FUCKIG OMG WHY NO
    Because crack.

Don't do drugs.
    "Leaving hell is not the same as entering it." - Tierce Japhrimel

Awesome user with default custom title Uchiha Barles's Avatar
    This actually made me very sad. I grew up with her music. To this day the songs "I wanna dance with somebody", "How will I know", "Every woman" among many others just lift my spirits when I hear them. You'd figure people would know not to call me to deliver bullshit news when I'm out trying to have a good time.
    "You are not free whose liberty is won by the rigour of other, more righteous souls. Your are merely protected. Your freedom is parasitic, you suck the honourable man dry and offer nothing in return. You who have enjoyed freedom, who have done nothing to earn it, your time has come. This time you will stand alone and fight for yourselves. Now you will pay for your freedom in the currency of honest toil and human blood."

- Inquisitor Czevak

That was surprising for sure. Or maybe it wasn't surprising to those who had followed her life better, but I only knew her from her music and one or two movie roles.

I grew up with her too, so I was pretty damn surprised.
    "Leaving hell is not the same as entering it." - Tierce Japhrimel

Umm, no offense to discosean and his message against drugs, but do we know the cause of Whitney's death at this point?

For God will not permit that we shall know what is to come... those who by some sorcery or by some dream might come to pierce the veil that lies so darkly over all that is before them may serve by just that vision to cause that God should wrench the world from its heading and set it upon another course altogether and then where stands the sorcerer? Where the dreamer and his dream?

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Animeniax View Post
    Umm, no offense to discosean and his message against drugs, but do we know the cause of Whitney's death at this point?
    No. An autopsy will take prolly a day. Chemical results could take a few more.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

Awesome user with default custom title Uchiha Barles's Avatar
    Some people are telling me they've heard that it was a combination of Xanax and alcohol. A quick google search is supporting their claims. Coincidentally, her daughter's being hospitalized for an anxiety attack.

Here's a link:

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment...owned-autopsy/
    "You are not free whose liberty is won by the rigour of other, more righteous souls. Your are merely protected. Your freedom is parasitic, you suck the honourable man dry and offer nothing in return. You who have enjoyed freedom, who have done nothing to earn it, your time has come. This time you will stand alone and fight for yourselves. Now you will pay for your freedom in the currency of honest toil and human blood."

- Inquisitor Czevak

drugs are awesome. especially xanax.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Assassin View Post
    drugs are awesome. especially xanax.
    Anyone else notice how Assassin just seems to drop by randomly every other week to grace us with his ever so wonderful witty humor?

Why are you still a moderator?

He comes with the decor, leave the Canadian alone.

Rest in peace Whitney Houston, the music you made is great and will live on in your place.

That said maybe I'm just jaded but an artist dying untimely from drugs doesn't even make me raise an eyebrow. It's a very old cliche.
    ___
    ---------------------------- "THE DROPOUT CREW"--------------------------------
    ________Deblas, IfingHateTonTon, RyougaZell, dragonrage.________

________ we may fuck up alot but we always pull thru.

Something I wrote to a national correspondent of the Atlantic ended up on the site. It is in reference to an article on President Obama.

what part of that is yours?

anyway, America always amazes me with how open you are about your race issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Death BOO Z View Post
    The one that says, "Reader Michael Harrington writes:" is his.

Why? Is Israel embarrassed about their racial profiling?
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

Eh, I would not say "open". Lots of people hate talking about it and getting those issues out in the open. I think that is the onyl way to get past them, but the US is still a pretty racist country. I mean, it was built as a multi-ethnic country (some people would not like to believe that, but it is true). A lot of "friends" and associates hate for anyone to bring it up, because it gets uncomfortable.

And yea, I have read some startling things about race relations in Israel.

like every country, Israel has a social divide (or several social divisors), some of which we talk openly about (religious\secular) and some are pretty much suppressed (ethnic by country of origin). and when I say suppressed I mean everybody just coughs when it surfaces and tries to pretend the elephant doesn't exist.

a serious newspaper can never address the ethnic issue the way that article in the Atlantic did, and you can't have a real discussion of 'being a minority' as you (rockmanj) mentioned. all these issues exist, but are hardly ever brought to surface.

Assertn, I wasn't referring to racial profiling, we're pretty open about that. the system has flaws but it has reasons behind it. The Israel\arab conflict has less to do with what I was impressed by.

sig made by Itachi-y2k5, thanks, dude!
    Currently Watching: probably a show directed at 9 years old girls, lets be honest.

You know the important distinction between Batman and me? Batman is fictional. In real life, there isn't always an alternative.

http://www.theatlantic.com/internati...#disqus_thread Is that guy that was quoted serious? How is it the US's moral failing if Israel attacks another country? I agree with the author on this one.

I'm mostly against attacking in Iran, and usually I think Shavit (the guy quoted) is a pom-posed speech writer, but the tone of the article was immature, and felt like the author was playing dumb and dancing away from the subject.

sig made by Itachi-y2k5, thanks, dude!
    Currently Watching: probably a show directed at 9 years old girls, lets be honest.

You know the important distinction between Batman and me? Batman is fictional. In real life, there isn't always an alternative.

I'm mostly against attacking in Iran, and usually I think Shavit (the guy quoted) is a pom-posed speech writer, but the tone of the article was immature, and felt like the author was playing dumb and dancing away from the subject.
    I agree with what you said. Shavit is kind of ridiculous. Also, the US can't really afford the wars we have been engaged in so far, so it would be self-destructive on our end to start another conflict. Those GOP candidates, along with about 17 senators disagree though. I wonder how they propose we pay for it and how many of our soldiers and Iranian civilians lives they intend to ruin. I hope the US keeps its involvement purely diplomatic and Bibi does not start bombing Iran...but who knows what will happen.