Page 130 of 159 FirstFirst ... 3080120126127128129130131132133134140 ... LastLast
Results 2,581 to 2,600 of 3180

Thread: In the news today

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kraco View Post
    If I was a dictator, I would let the banks collapse.
    /notices the red username

What do you mean if?

That really comes down to the core of the problem. Politician interfering in business when they really shouldn't.

Laissez-faire is not perfect by any mean, but it has been proven to work many times, as long as it is allow to function as intended. The public can bring a company down quicker than any governmental entity.

Great demands guise.
    "Leaving hell is not the same as entering it." - Tierce Japhrimel

Quote Originally Posted by poopdeville View Post
    If you are complaining about the bailouts, you are ignorant. They weren't free money. They were loans, and the government has already recovered most of it, ahead of schedule.
    It was free money don't fool yourself. And yes the banks were involved in creating our economic decline by selling loans to people that couldn't afford it or weren't qualified for it. B, C banking, giving people and businesses loans that they wouldn't be qualified for at a higher than normal and variable interest rates. ARM loans and mortgages that were used to sell the "American dream" to people (own a home with a white picket fence). Sure for the first five years things were okay then after that your mortgage would be sky high. All of this happened while the bank projected massive profits and shelled out a lot of big fat bonuses. Their own greed fail them.

It created a bubbled that was doom to burst and destroy everything. The housing markets in some places went up 400% than they were originally valued. What are they valued now?

This was all possible because of the policies that were reversed by the Bush administration and what put in place was basically a smoke screen.

Want to know what all this caused? A lot of people had to foreclosed on their homes and businesses or sell or have it adjusted some how. This mean all their credit is worthless and their life savings gone. Where is your consumer market now?

Quote Originally Posted by poopdeville View Post
    Don't mistake the causes of the crash with the cause of our economic decline. They are completely different things. Most importantly, America is in an economic decline because of demographics: middle aged and old people are about to retire in massive numbers. That would have caused inflation, since they would have all pulled their savings out of the capital markets at roughly the same time. An economic "crisis", like the crash of 2009 merely accelerates the process of demographic withdrawal of funds. Don't believe me? Consider that 60% of Americans were in the labor force in 2008, and that a third of them were due to retire in the next 10 years. That means that 40% of America would have to perform the labor that 60% of America used to -- that means that every American in the labor pool would have to do the work of 1.33 people so that we could all maintain our standard of living. A 33% increase in necessary effort, just to stand still!

If you want to blame anybody, blame your grandparents for having too many kids, and your parents for not having enough to support them.
    Why is it then that about 10 % of the population give or take a few is unemployed right now?

All these war which huge sums of money is being spent to be waged and no return to the taxpayers is taking it's toll.

The lack of investment in the education of the children of America. While other countries are heavily investing in education, America is cutting cost. No wonder this country as a whole is getting dumber and dumber.

The lack of investment in America, outsourcing of jobs. The service industry can only pay so much taxes. People favor a better bottom line today than a prosperous one tomorrow and the day after that. There is no American pride anymore. (Capitalism and greed all the way)

Inept leaders; the people that are supposed to be looking out for the country are only concerned about looking out for themselves.

What is all the greed and green going to get you when it no longer holds value.
    Last edited by dragonrage; Thu, 10-06-2011 at 08:24 PM.
    ___
    ---------------------------- "THE DROPOUT CREW"--------------------------------
    ________Deblas, IfingHateTonTon, RyougaZell, dragonrage.________

________ we may fuck up alot but we always pull thru.

I mean no offense but I believe that lot of people talk without knowing shit, and the worst is that they really think they are smart, sagacious and seeing behind the veil when they just have half assed notions of global economics and global geopolitics.

It has been the greatest robbery of history. Just facts. Credit Default Swaps. Up banks down states.

NNZDS.png

In the case of the USA they just kept printing money and the dollar being the reference currency it had affected almost everything. Of course the real inflation is just ludicrous. And the main problem is that for almost 30 years they have been witness to a continous and massive delocalization and dismantlement of productive fabric. like many other 1st world countries. This is more argumentation than fact.

http://www.projectcensored.org/top-s...of-five-in-us/
    The path of excess leads to the tower of wisdom

Quote Originally Posted by Sapphire View Post

Great demands guise.
    I like these demands more:
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

Quote Originally Posted by Edort4 View Post
    I mean no offense but I believe that lot of people talk without knowing shit, and the worst is that they really think they are smart, sagacious and seeing behind the veil when they just have half assed notions of global economics and global geopolitics.
    Pretty much most of the stuff that's going to happen here is purely for the sake of discussion or venting.

If people were really serious about doing anything, they wouldn't choose an anime forum with an audience that comprise of a few dozens people scattered across several different countries as a method of spreading "the message".

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Dragon View Post
    Pretty much most of the stuff that's going to happen here is purely for the sake of discussion or venting.

If people were really serious about doing anything, they wouldn't choose an anime forum with an audience that comprise of a few dozens people scattered across several different countries as a method of spreading "the message".
    What you say is true. But what proof do you have to say that this is the only medium the topic is being discussed on? What proof do you have that something isn't being done.

True the members of gotwoot are few and scattered but it is happening in their countries too.

*/end vent*
    ___

It was a response to Edort4 comment to point out that it's unnecessary to be picky about the level of proficiency in economic and politic when all this boil down to just hot air.

I really don't have any proof as to whether or not something is being done, merely just common sense.

If i were someone trying to accomplish something important, making long posts on an anime forum arguing with anonymous people would be pretty low on my list of priorities.

Also, it would be simply more effective to show me proof that something is being done rather than ask questions about whether or not i know if something is actually being done.

If you are actually doing something, kudos to you. I'm pretty sure then that any post you make on this forum is merely for the purpose of discussion and not because you expects any fruitful results.

Chinese Toddler Hit & Run

So, anyone else seen this yet? This is the first time a video has ever sparked such a genuine feeling of horror, disgust, & rage. I want to hurt something. -_-
    Don't believe in yourself, believe in me, who believes in you.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucifus View Post
    So, anyone else seen this yet?
    Yeah, it was posted in the Internet thread.

http://forums.gotwoot.net/showthread...l=1#post499664

Blog Entries
    I guess that in retrospective this thread might have been more appropriate choice

"Leaving hell is not the same as entering it." - Tierce Japhrimel

Interesting read. Good to see the patriarch is capable of handling his sizable clan.

Still: "As the world's population nears seven billion meet the man who hasn't helped!"

The hell is up with this headline? I don't need the paper to make judgments for me.

KIMOCHI~II

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    I value quality over quantity. That guy should spend more effort picking a decent flower rather than gathering weeds.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalobiian View Post
    I value quality over quantity. That guy should spend more effort picking a decent flower rather than gathering weeds.
    Yea, not the fittest group I have seen.

Human population will reach 7 billion soon:

http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2011/10/26...ng/?&hpt=hp_c2

And the Earth weeps.
    Last edited by Animeniax; Wed, 10-26-2011 at 03:41 PM.

For God will not permit that we shall know what is to come... those who by some sorcery or by some dream might come to pierce the veil that lies so darkly over all that is before them may serve by just that vision to cause that God should wrench the world from its heading and set it upon another course altogether and then where stands the sorcerer? Where the dreamer and his dream?

Kinda ironic and fitting if you just consider how many people from this forum alone were born in October.
    ___

Awesome user with default custom title UChessmaster's Avatar
    You cannot hope to build a better world without improving the individuals. To that end each of us must work for his own improvement, and at the same time share a general responsibility for all humanity, our particular duty being to aid those to whom we think we can be most useful. -Marie Curie

Blog Entries
    What a bunch of bulshit