Page 110 of 159 FirstFirst ... 1060100106107108109110111112113114120 ... LastLast
Results 2,181 to 2,200 of 3180

Thread: In the news today

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    Interesting little bit there about US radio stations paying songwriters over bands. I would have thought the the pay went to the label that the band signed up with, or the band themselves if they're an indie one.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

Does that mean Youtube will go permanently offline or is it protected by some other law as long as they immediately take down any offending material as soon as they notice or they are asked to take it down? (And have a clause somewhere that the uploader is responsible for making sure he owns the copyrights of his own uploads, even though the uploader is certainly not the one performing the act of streaming.)

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalobiian View Post
    Interesting little bit there about US radio stations paying songwriters over bands. I would have thought the the pay went to the label that the band signed up with, or the band themselves if they're an indie one.
    Nah, the US's policy on paying artists for radio play is shit. The law says that the publicity is payment enough. That is why it is not common to see singers/rappers/etc. that have heavy radio play and are broke.

Also, Nate Dogg died: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/0..._n_836364.html
    Last edited by rockmanj; Wed, 03-16-2011 at 10:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kraco View Post
    Does that mean Youtube will go permanently offline or is it protected by some other law as long as they immediately take down any offending material as soon as they notice or they are asked to take it down? (And have a clause somewhere that the uploader is responsible for making sure he owns the copyrights of his own uploads, even though the uploader is certainly not the one performing the act of streaming.)
    I think youtube will be fine even after this go into effect. The only thing that might happen is there will be a significant decrease in uploads. This law will pretty much gives copyright trolls free reign in court. If someone happens to use any image, song or video of something copyrighted then they can be wiretapped and charged with a felony.

It's get even worst when you considered that someone doing a cover of a song can be charged since it won't fall under fair use. Of course not every company still start suing people over a youtube clip, but i foresee youtube taking down a lot of these guitar/piano covers of popular songs.

Quote Originally Posted by rockmanj View Post
    Wow, Nate Dogg, dead? Two strokes and he was only 41? Was he chunky or was it a congenital condition?

For God will not permit that we shall know what is to come... those who by some sorcery or by some dream might come to pierce the veil that lies so darkly over all that is before them may serve by just that vision to cause that God should wrench the world from its heading and set it upon another course altogether and then where stands the sorcerer? Where the dreamer and his dream?

Quote Originally Posted by Animeniax View Post
    Wow, Nate Dogg, dead? Two strokes and he was only 41? Was he chunky or was it a congenital condition?
    I have no idea, but he was quite young to be having strokes.

"Always be yourself... unless you suck."

He must be a fan of Jack Swagger's. He picked him up Gutwrench Powerbomb style and dropped him. Awesome.
    Last edited by Marik; Mon, 03-21-2011 at 05:50 PM.

Lasers? Cookies? FTW!
    (universally beloved
    moderator ex-emerita)
    Well, when a family member makes it into the news its either really good or really bad. In this case, it was a close call that could have resulted in me flying back home for a funeral. But thankfully there were a couple brave citizens that came by and saved my cousin's life after he overturned his car in a field. He's home from the hospital already and only has a few scrapes and bruises. Thank God!

News report from local source.

Wow, I'm glad to hear he's alright. He certainly is a lucky fella, not accounting for the rollover of course!

It's very fortunate the passer-by's stopped and investigated; do you know if they witnessed the accident, or just decided to go look at the overturned vehicle?

You better sound him cookies!
    Don't believe in yourself, believe in me, who believes in you.

I think I heard about this on the Weather Channel. Unless it was another guy who was saved by good samaritans by keeping his head out of the water until help arrived.

For God will not permit that we shall know what is to come... those who by some sorcery or by some dream might come to pierce the veil that lies so darkly over all that is before them may serve by just that vision to cause that God should wrench the world from its heading and set it upon another course altogether and then where stands the sorcerer? Where the dreamer and his dream?

Not today, but still newsworthy and badass to boot: http://www.latimes.com/news/nationwo...,7192950.story

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    Can social media compromise crime fighting?

Hah, I knew this shit was evil.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

Lasers? Cookies? FTW!
    (universally beloved
    moderator ex-emerita)
    Quote Originally Posted by enkoujin View Post
    The best part of this election was the end of the Bloc Quebecois. It looks like Quebec has decided they want to be a part of Canada finally. Also, Elizabeth May got elected for the Greens! Go Liz! Hopefully with NDP as official opposition we'll see the Conservatives pushed to take some more action on the environmental issues they've been neglecting.

Quote Originally Posted by Marik View Post
    That is seriously fucked up.

Are you ready for z-o-m-b-i-e a-p-o-c-a-l-y-p-s-e . The CDC can help you.
    ___
    ---------------------------- "THE DROPOUT CREW"--------------------------------
    ________Deblas, IfingHateTonTon, RyougaZell, dragonrage.________

________ we may fuck up alot but we always pull thru.