• Drive-through

17 48.57%
  • Wait for the burger

7 20.00%
  • Wait for the change

11 31.43%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ethics of Torrenting

Some of you people act like uploading is costing you time and money, or causing you physical pain. If you've got an always-on connection, and you can get a client with a scheduler, you have no excuse. Help torrents work they way they're supposed to work.

Quote Originally Posted by Assassin
    always hit and run....
    I almost never care about seeding since most of the stuff i download comes from the eztv tracker, and by the time i have it downloaded theres like 20k seeders anyway. im not gonna waste my time seeding just to fulfill my patriotic duty.
    Hey! Who's your dead friend? He's dead!

Take two of these muchachos and call us in the morning. Yeah, call us, we'll be drunk.

Quote Originally Posted by Bucket
    Some of you people act like uploading is costing you time and money, or causing you physical pain. If you've got an always-on connection, and you can get a client with a scheduler, you have no excuse. Help torrents work they way they're supposed to work.
    Most ISPs in Canada have a monthly bandwidth limit. A lot of people use Sympatico and Rogers which are 40 GB and 60 GB respectively, if I recall. I use Teksavvy Premium which is 100 GB. So yes, to some people it is not in their best interest to seed to a 1:3 ratio or something.

Benevolent Dictator
    Blog Entries
    Another point to consider is that if you get to a torrent on the tail end of the initial rush, a lot of times it's hard to find interested peers to seed to. If I'm at 0.5 and I'm leaking out like 5K at the torrent (when I've got plenty available), then me being there is doing more against the health of the torrent (by uselessly hitting the tracker) than for it.

Awesome user with default custom title itadakimasu's Avatar
    i heavily seed things i support like bleach,and things i had trouble getting that have very few seeds. but things like software i will usually not seed much after they are done. i have a couple eps of bleach with a ratio of over 300, just depends how long i leave it on.

Yeah I'm still seeding The last 2 episodes of Bleach and Naruto as I type this

Signature by Lucifus

I usually seed till I have a 1.0+ ratio. My total ratio is 1.2 .