Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Bleach 122

I'd agree with DeathscytheVII. Zaraki himself said his sword is in its released state...

Yeah, it was said that his reiatsu is so powerful, that he kinda forced his zanpakutou to be in a constant released state. So maybe he'll acquire another shikai "power" if he indeed learns the name of his sword, but for now it is suggested that the seal has been forcefully broken.

Lol you guys make it sound as if Kenpachi has violated his sword.

Quote Originally Posted by Munsu
    So maybe he'll acquire another shikai "power" if he indeed learns the name of his sword...
    You mean the first power? I don't remember his sword displaying yet any particular powers. But I have to agree with the theory his zanpakutou might indeed be in a permanently released state, like Ichigo's. Ichigo, as well, went for a long while not really knowing how to use the primary power of his shikai, so that's not so strange. Not all shikai are like senbonzakura where it's more than obvious what kind of power it is.

Now that I think back several other captains have non standard 'sealed' swords. Soi Fong's is not a katana, but some kind of ninja knife. Unohana's is an uber nodachi or something, it is at least 1.5 times the size of a regular katana. Yamamoto's is a stick, and Nanao the 8th squad VC's might just be a book.

With this much variation it's conceivable that Zaraki's sword is still 'sealed', but it's just sealed into the odd form that it has. During his fight with Ichigo he said something along the lines of his sword not having any other forms since there was no way he could seal his own power, but it's possible that he just didn't care at all to find out and thus just uses the sword as a sword and has his fun, never looking inwards to find its true strength by letting the sword feed on his power and grow like Ichigo did.
    Last edited by Yukimura; Mon, 04-23-2007 at 03:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kraco
    You mean the first power? I don't remember his sword displaying yet any particular powers. But I have to agree with the theory his zanpakutou might indeed be in a permanently released state, like Ichigo's. Ichigo, as well, went for a long while not really knowing how to use the primary power of his shikai, so that's not so strange. Not all shikai are like senbonzakura where it's more than obvious what kind of power it is.
    The blade being in a constant released state is already sort of a power, not sure if there's any advantage of having a contantly released zanpukutou or not or if it's has been explained, but the fact that it is released it should already be providing Zaraki with something. So knowing his zanpakutou name, may in fact produce an added power or effect to his current "shikai" form.

Zaraki's sword got to be in "Stade 1" it can't be bankai or shikai because you got to be able to control and know the sword's name.

Two things he just can't.

Have you even read what we've been saying?

Zaraki himself says it and Ichigo, when talking about his constantly released zanpakutou, said that his was the same as Zaraki's. And don't you guys think that if he couldn't achieve shikai we would've heard by now? I mean we've constantly heard about his inability to reach bankai, but don't you think that someone in the series would've said "He is the first Captain not to have bankai, he doesn't even have shikai". Why the focus on the bankai aspect if he's not supposed to have shikai?

It would be nce if someone completed translating the Official Character Book: SOULs, since I think it's also explained there from what I've read around.

Enough of Zaraki's shikai, it's off-topic to the discussion of this chapter. If you want to discuss it further create another thread.
    Last edited by Munsu; Mon, 04-23-2007 at 10:02 AM.