Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bleach 122

Aizen took the Hōgyoku to create Arrancars. Not to make himself a hollow or anything like that.

Tousen probably was hiding his true power when fighting Kenpachi. Aizen did hide his power, which seems to be even greater than Sōtaichō Yamamoto

No, I'm pretty sure the Hyogoku gives Shinigami access to hollow powers, as well as the other way around. Remember it was Kisuke who created the Hyogoku, and he would not have done it to create "evil" arrancar but rather to create even more powerful Shinigami.

You know speaking of "good" and "evil", I wonder if any of the Espada will switch sides.. you had 3 SS captains doing it so why not them too?

Quote Originally Posted by RyougaZell
    Tousen probably was hiding his true power when fighting Kenpachi.
    It surely didn't look like Tousen was hiding anything. He got his ass kicked and would be dead if Kenpachi had bothered to finish him.

I think many people downplay Zaraki's strength due to how his and Ichigo's fight ended. However, it has been said separately how Zaraki is especially strong in the series. The fact is, though, that he hasn't fought seriously to win even once during the series yet. He fights because he enjoys fighting, and that's different compared to fighting purely for a victory. If we saw Zaraki fighting to save his own and his squad's (or just Yachiru's) life, I think we should see something quite different.

True, I want to see a cornered Kenpachi fight for his life, then we will see some strength.

That or he attains Shikai at least. Can't imagine what he would be like at Bankai.

Arrancar turn good? Thatd be awesome to see.

As for Kenpachi, i think we had this debate before. His sword's already at Shikai. Shikai is just the unsealed form and Kenpachi told ichigo that he didn't bother sealing up his sword because it was too powerful, just like how ichigo never sealed zangetsu into a normal sword look. So ichigo's constantly at shikai too.

But yes, can't wait to see if Kenpachi can go bankai, even Ikkaku has done it! he can't be far behind.

OK to settle this in my mind can someone point out the ep where Kenpachi tells Ichigo that his sword is at Shikai? I can't remember him saying that and I always seem to end up going in cirlces with someone who does.

I don't think that Ikkaku attaining Bankai means that Kenpachi is not far behind. I remember Byakya saying that Bankai is attained by those Shinigami who have arrived at the pinnacle of their powers. So it could be that Kenpachi is no where near his pinnacle, yet he is bad ass already.

Yayayyayayay!!!!!!!!!! We finally got to see Tousen and Gin. I hoped they changed but, they havent changed much....

After more than 5 episode, we see Ishida doing his training. Hopefully, he will get his power soon.

I cant wait to see what is going to happen next episode with Ichigo.

Quote Originally Posted by DB_Hunter
    OK to settle this in my mind can someone point out the ep where Kenpachi tells Ichigo that his sword is at Shikai? I can't remember him saying that and I always seem to end up going in cirlces with someone who does.
    start watching at 18:24 in ep. 38. Although he doesn't say his sword is Shikai, just that it doesn't have a name and that it doesn't have a sealed form. You can take that to mean that he's like ichigo and his sword is always in released form, or it could mean that he's simply too ignorant to bother finding out his swords name so that he can reach shikai. We don't really know for sure, hopefully we'll find out sometime.

silverpuppet
    Quote Originally Posted by Crash
    Although he doesn't say his sword is Shikai, just that it doesn't have a name and that it doesn't have a sealed form. You can take that to mean that he's like ichigo and his sword is always in released form
    Seen this discussed alot and want to chime in. At this point, I think we have to assume that Zaraki does not have shikai.

1. Zaraki doesn't even know his sword's name. He doesn't know anything except chop chop chop. He's basically a big ignoramus, so are you gonna take his word that his sword isn't sealed? He has no idea. He doesn't acknowledge his sword as anything but a cutting tool, so I think he means his power (personal power) is not seal when he said that.

2. Ichigo COULD NOT unseal his sword until Zangetsu told him to say the name. Go back to the training part.

3. When Renji attacked Byakuya, Byakuya said something like "Release without saying the name, does that mean Bankai?!" It's obvious that you can't even release Shikai without saying out loud the sword's name, unless you have attained Bankai.

4. His sword apparently has no special power except cutting.

So with what we have, we have to assume he's got no Shikai yet. The only thing is the sword's unique appearance. The evidence is overwhelming, but they could make an exception anyway (shrug).

No easy tasks for Ichigo-He has to master Zangetsu AND his inner hollow(Guess that goes for the other Vaizard also). I wonder if Ichigo is due for another lesson from Zangetsu? Supposedly Byakuya has mastery over his bankai, and look at all the different attacks he can use with it! Ichigo's bankai has only done one type of special attack: Getsuga. Plus there's the spellcasting type attacks which Ichigo's never learned to use. Maybe he never will, every other character keeps reminding him how much his Reiatsu control sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by DayoftheDante
    Plus there's the spellcasting type attacks which Ichigo's never learned to use. Maybe he never will, every other character keeps reminding him how much his Reiatsu control sucks.
    To be fair, it appears demon magic basics are mostly learned in the academy the shinigami wannabes attend, and who knows how many years they spend there. Ichigo, on the other hand, only attends the normal high-school, and it's somewhat safe to say courses in demon magic might be severely lacking in its curriculum...

However, he learned the bubble shield spell fairly quickly, even if he didn't exactly master it, which indicates he would probably learn other forms of demon magic as well, at least the simple attacks, fast enough if Rukia bothered to teach him. And if he bothered to try to learn, which is doubtful considering he should be basically a lazy punk.

I was thinking about why Kisuke hasn't helped out Ichigo with his hollow. Ichigo thinks that Kisuke doesn't know what to do about it, but perhaps Kisuke himself has developed a hollow via the Hyogoku? I can't remember it being mentioned that Kisuke didn't use the Hyogoku after he made it. Maybe that's why he is quiet about it. Why he doesn't take it upon himself to train Ichigo if this is the case, that I can't asnwer. Perhaps it is to do with something we are not aware of yet.
    Last edited by DB_Hunter; Sat, 04-21-2007 at 02:12 PM.

Student
    So, who thinks the Vaizard are not such bad people?

They're shady at this point, for sure.

But:
    Shinji prevented Hiyori from killing Orihime. (earlier ep)

Hiyori and Shinji get all emo and sad saying how they hate humans and shinigami. It was as if they had a soft, emotional side, and a desire to just have a sense of belonging (earlier ep)

Just look at them, they don't look so dark or evil (like the Arrancar), they actually look goofy and friendly, even fruity (pre-mask of course)

All we know at this point is they're hateful towards humans and shinigami and all they want to accomplish at this point is getting Ichigo to join them as "kin".
    Last edited by an0nym0u5; Sat, 04-21-2007 at 04:35 PM.

Considering that an interesting point would be if becoming a vaizard changes your personality. Thus, thus those jovial looking people would all have some darkness inside them (as some of them at least do), and so would Ichigo if he becomes one. It seems somewhat more likely to me there should be at least a small price to pay if you become a vaizard. And it would give an interesting little twist for the series if Ichigo's personality becomes an unequal mix of his old one and that of the Hollow-Ichigo.

Student
    Quote Originally Posted by Kraco
    Considering that an interesting point would be if becoming a vaizard changes your personality. Thus, thus those jovial looking people would all have some darkness inside them (as some of them at least do), and so would Ichigo if he becomes one. It seems somewhat more likely to me there should be at least a small price to pay if you become a vaizard. And it would give an interesting little twist for the series if Ichigo's personality becomes an unequal mix of his old one and that of the Hollow-Ichigo.
    Good point, from Ichigo's experiences so far, becoming a Vaizard or releasing his inner hollow is like releasing a dark-inner schizo side.

nice episode, I thought the damn thing was to damn short. But I guess that is how it is when you enjoy something.

I have a few theories about what is going to happen and well some insight as to what Ichigo really is but I think that I will wait just a little longer before i share them.
    ___
    ---------------------------- "THE DROPOUT CREW"--------------------------------
    ________Deblas, IfingHateTonTon, RyougaZell, dragonrage.________

________ we may fuck up alot but we always pull thru.

I don't know about you guys, but I think Ichigo's hollow is funny. He speaks with his own version of 'dattebayo' i.e. when he says 'na?' and generally doesn't seem 'evil' at this point. He did seem to get along with Zangetsu, though Zangetsu may not be intrisincally good or evil, as he is just a sword. Then again he is a representation of Ichigo's personality so he should be 'good'...

OR he could be like Ichigo himself and have a darkness in him. Perhaps Zangetsu can only be fully utilised by hollow Ichigo, as then Ichigo will be using the full depths of his power.

Edit: As for what Ichigo is or how he came to be, maybe Isshin was exposed to the Hyogoku by Kisuke, and this has now been passed down to Ichigo? Isshin and Kisuke do look like friends afterall, and we don't know why Isshin was kicked out of SS. Maybe the reason was that he collaborated with Kisuke with his Hyogoku project.

That's good too, it puts a stop to all Manichaen bullshit distilled in Animes lately.
    More than 2 sides is something essential, have people understand Axis of evil and the Goood guys is something absurd.

Nice ep! Now we have Ichigo training with the vaizards, stupid Ishida training with his even more stupid dad and Urahara trying to fire up calm Sado-kun =)) - awesome!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Inazuma
    That's good too, it puts a stop to all Manichaen bullshit distilled in Animes lately.
    More than 2 sides is something essential, have people understand Axis of evil and the Goood guys is something absurd.
    Hmpf?! Do you mean it is good that there are different shades of grey in bleach, not only a black and white view of things, or what? (Sry I'm German...)

Seen this discussed alot and want to chime in. At this point, I think we have to assume that Zaraki does not have shikai.

1. Zaraki doesn't even know his sword's name. He doesn't know anything except chop chop chop. He's basically a big ignoramus, so are you gonna take his word that his sword isn't sealed? He has no idea. He doesn't acknowledge his sword as anything but a cutting tool, so I think he means his power (personal power) is not seal when he said that.

2. Ichigo COULD NOT unseal his sword until Zangetsu told him to say the name. Go back to the training part.

3. When Renji attacked Byakuya, Byakuya said something like "Release without saying the name, does that mean Bankai?!" It's obvious that you can't even release Shikai without saying out loud the sword's name, unless you have attained Bankai.

4. His sword apparently has no special power except cutting.

So with what we have, we have to assume he's got no Shikai yet. The only thing is the sword's unique appearance. The evidence is overwhelming, but they could make an exception anyway (shrug).
    Well, for me, Shikai was the first release of the sword, and Zaraki's sword has already been established as being a constant release state one, so meh. I'll grant that not knowing the sword's name will impede his power, but i still believe it can count as a shikai, maybe an incomplete one at least.

Zanpaktou so far have come in three forms: Sealed (where it looks like a traditional sword), Unsealed (shikai - 'initial release'), and Bankai. And zaraki's is defintely not sealed.