Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Kaze no Stigma

Kaze no Stigma

This looks like a cool series, hopefully the first episode will be good.

First episode released by a group called T2, hopefully English subbed:
    http://tracker.anirena.com/download.php?id=572

Not much info on the series yet, all I know it's based on a light novel series by Yamato Takahiro. It's animated by GONZO.

Yea, the subs are english. Just checked the OP now, I'll watch the rest later.

Edit: Uh, Shakugan no Shana flashbacks, female lead has red hair and a flame sword also but atleast she's not a loli. Yagami isn't as useless and annoying as Yuuji. Anyways, I wasn't expecting much but after watching it, it's pretty good. Gonna be looking forward to more episodes.
    Last edited by animus; Sun, 04-15-2007 at 06:48 PM.

Looks like Shinsen-subs decided to sub this series as well:

http://a.scarywater.net/shs/%5BShins...5D.mkv.torrent

I hope Shinsen doesn't overextend themselves. They have a history of not being the fastest subbers, and they have so many new series in the works. Good thing is, that the series they're doing a couple other groups are doing as well so it won't be as bad if they get overworked (or whatever) and drop a couple series from their Active list.

Just finished watching the first ep and its not that bad so far. Worthy of future viewing.

pretty good... I read the first post and thought it said that Yagami is as annoying as Yuuji... i was pleasantly surprised...

First episode by Mendoi:
    http://a.scarywater.net/mendoi/%5BMe...5D.mkv.torrent

Just watched it, and this series looks pretty good, it's nicely animated too... I'll keep watching.

oh thank god...

i was starting to think no one would bring out ep 2.
    ~ I got kicked out of a library once for moving all the bibles into the fiction section ~

Nice, I must say though that when Kazuma's dad brushed off his attacks like that and started channeling for his Uber Flame I got worried that Kazuma wouldn't be able to pull off the win. But goo him, he pulled it off. However, from what it looks like his dad was the best around, and Kazuma made him look like a complete fool, so it's pretty obvious that all that stands between the Kannagi and total destruction is going to be him.

Even if they said that he was the best fire mage, I still think that the current head should be stronger... or whomever has the contract with the Fire King or whatever it is, similar to the contract Kazuma has with the Wind King (or whatever it is).

Wind seems stronger than fire so far, I wonder how the wind people are being oppressed. I mean, they can even fly, and I haven't seen a fire mage do that. And so far the Wind people have overpowered the fire mages in all the fights so far.

and wind mage can summon the spirit faster than the fire mage

Episode 4 - Anime Yoshi

Released a couple days ago, for those who haven't gotten it yet.

The stronger the wind, the more dangerous the wildfire.

Episode 5 - AniYoshi

I like this series so far (ep 4). While the bulk of the fire users and even Kazuma's father didn't seem so powerful, there hasn't either been totally useless people around, not even Kazuma's younger brother who fills a role not requiring much visible power. Kazuma certainly seems to kick ass big time, and I don't think we have seen Ayano's full potential either. Or at least I hope so for balance's sake. She seems to be a main character as well, after all. Other than that, her hot-headedness makes her a very funny character.

ayano is starting to like kazuma but she dont express it

The game of circle and prod continues:

Episode 6 - AniYoshi

Been pretty good so far, a lot better than I expected it to be. The Kazuma-Ayano love-hate relationship is overused, but still it's pretty nice.

Misao's overly-stubborn personality is one of the archetypes we all know, but I hate it so much.

The Kazuma-Ayano relationship indeed is a cliche element, but in this particular case it doesn't bother me at all for a few reasons. One factor is how cool Kazuma is. There's nothing original about his character background either, but lines like: "Does that include nightly favors?" just sell a character to me instantly.

He got kicked out of his family and the clan and while it's obvious he bears a grudge he just turned the relationship outwardly into cold business and didn't embark into any childish revenge spree. Yet still he's back in town and participates in business and cares for his brother, so under the surface he still cares. For some reason I can sympathise completely with his character.

And like I said in the previous post, I also like Ayano's character a lot because of how quick she is to act without bothering to think beforehand at all, yet afterwards she always can think if she wants. And how dishonest she has been with herself. Very cliched as well, but works really well in this series.

Aye. There's no need to invent a wheel anew if you can get the old one rolling really well.

I'm getting puzzled by this anime. How exactly do these jutsu users co-exist with normal people? The general populace seems to let them run around wildly destroying everything. Its not like these people are a secretive group either. Ayano's friend's didn't seem fazed that much by her pulling out a flaming sword.

Sorry, I don't like jumps in logic.