Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bleach 121

Quote Originally Posted by DayoftheDante

that...is exactly what i thought of when i saw that scene

anyway, good episode. a bit anticlimatic, but oh well

Quote Originally Posted by Animeniax
    If Orihime is going to have more screen time, I really hope they improve her dialogue:
    *gasp*
    *heavy breathing*
    *yells someone's name*
    *gasp*
    *sigh*
    *yells someone's name again*
    *yell's someone's name yet again*
    *gasp*
    *heavy breathing*
    *gasp*
    etc, etc.
    Hmm... I'd like to see Orihime say all that dialogue at once in full detail.

I liked the opening and endings.
    For the record, the ending is not "pop" as masa says. It's Ska. Ska is most definitely NOT pop. The fact you don't know it's Ska, shows it's not pop. HURRAY SKA! Everybody skank! I'd like to see an opening/ending with Tokyo Ska Paradise Orchestra.

Its name is Ore Ska Band, not Tokyo Ska Paradise Orchestra.

Something that's been discussed before but its on my mind again. What are the theories now for Ichigo having the hollow inside him? Now that we know that Isshin is also a Shinigami, that solves the problem of where his strong Shinigami powers come from. His mother it seems was a normal human, or at the very least a weak Shinigami seeing as how she eaten by that hollow way back in the series. Ideas? I'm thinking right now that maybe Isshin is a Vaizard like Ichigo as well. What remains to be answered is how Vaizards come in to being.

And what about all these arrancar? It seems as though with the current fighting that the Shinigami are now treating them as just evil enemies. I'm sure at the beginning of the series there was a more humane outlook on hollows. When you killed a hollow its soul would be released and would be able to go to SS. If that is the case then can't the arrancar who have been killed shed some light on what Aizen's plans are once they get to SS?

And what about all these arrancar? It seems as though with the current fighting that the Shinigami are now treating them as just evil enemies. I'm sure at the beginning of the series there was a more humane outlook on hollows. When you killed a hollow its soul would be released and would be able to go to SS. If that is the case then can't the arrancar who have been killed shed some light on what Aizen's plans are once they get to SS?
    This is actually kinda complicated. Since Hitsugaya's explanation on the arrancar kinda imply that all the arrancar are made from Menos Grande type hollows having their masks ripped off.

And Menos hollows are formed from a bunch of hollows merging together. So by that extension, i'm assuming that for all the dead arrancar, when they are cleansed into soul society, they split back into the souls that made up the menos hollows in the first place, and so the personality of the arrancar is destroyed.

I would have thought if the Menos are loads of souls merged in to one, then it would be more like the fusion process in DBZ. When the fusion ends, even though the personality of the fused being is gone the people involved in the fusion still retain memories of the former character.

Edit: Two things about the OP...

1) Where are you guys able to see an upgraded version of Chad's arm upgrade? It looks the same to me.

2) Who is the dude next to Ichigo meant to be at 1:04 mins in to the OP?
    Last edited by DB_Hunter; Sat, 04-14-2007 at 04:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DB_Hunter
    Something that's been discussed before but its on my mind again. What are the theories now for Ichigo having the hollow inside him?
    Theories? If you watched the episode where he regains his shinigami powers the answer should be pretty plain. I mean the guy practically was a hollow for about 30 seconds, the hole had opened in his chest and his mask was forming, however in the end his latent shinigami powers came out on top and he was able to beat back the hollow transformation. The hollow part of him that he beat back was sitting inside him since then.

I would have thought if the Menos are loads of souls merged in to one, then it would be more like the fusion process in DBZ. When the fusion ends, even though the personality of the fused being is gone the people involved in the fusion still retain memories of the former character.

Edit: Two things about the OP...

1) Where are you guys able to see an upgraded version of Chad's arm upgrade? It looks the same to me.

Ah that may be true, but then again I don't think Soul society can keep track of who was part of the menos, since there's barely any organization in SS's slums. Also the fact that i doubt Aizen would let anyone but his closest confidants in on his plans (i.e Gin and Tousen).

1.) Chad's arm looks darker and the red is a different color, other than that, looks the same to me.
    2.) As for that dude, it was a faded image of ichigo in the BG that keeps flashing in and out, like with Orohime and Aizen before in the op

a fountain pourin' like an avalanche, comin' down the mountain
    unless my eyes decieve me, it's Ichigo. That part sorta plays on the whole split personalities theme...

Humans are different from animals. We must die for a reason. Now is the time for us to regulate ourselves and reclaim our dignity. The one who holds endless potential and displays his strength and kindness to the world. Only mankind has God, a power that allows us to go above and beyond what we are now, a God that we call "possibility".

Gotcha. I thought it might be him, but the hair colour looked odd, even for non-colour.

@Crash: Yea that would be simple enough, however there is a slight complication. Ichigo has huge potential, and clearly that is linked to the hollow inside him. Now it could all be one big accident that his powers are due to the way he "gained" his Shinigami powers, but there seems to be more to it then that.

There are other elements to the story that are relevant. Such as Ichigo having a father who is at least Captain class. Also, when in SS Ukitake said looked and Ichigo and thought he reminded him of someone, when Byakuya came to him and said its not who he thinks it is. It was all very vague then.

I think knowing how the Vaizards came in to being will help with this debate more.

@Crash: Yea that would be simple enough, however there is a slight complication. Ichigo has huge potential, and clearly that is linked to the hollow inside him. Now it could all be one big accident that his powers are due to the way he "gained" his Shinigami powers, but there seems to be more to it then that

There are other elements to the story that are relevant. Such as Ichigo having a father who is at least Captain class. Also, when in SS Ukitake said looked and Ichigo and thought he reminded him of someone, when Byakuya came to him and said its not who he thinks it is. It was all very vague then.

I think knowing how the Vaizards came in to being will help with this debate more.
    1)I'd say his huge power in the begining is pretty well explained by the fact that his father is a captain class shinigami. If you recall he isn't the only shinigami to achieve Bankai in 3 days, Urahara (sp?) did it as well so while Ichigo's level of advancement may hot be normal it's not exactly unprecedented. I really haven't seen anything in the show that would lead me to believe that the inner hollow is the source of his power from the outset. The only time it's clearly had an effect is when he looses control over it and it come out, as it did towards the end of the Byakuya fight at which time his power spiked enormously. Other than that he's been on pretty much even footing with other captain class shinigami.

2) As far as the conversation with Ukitake, he also said something similar to Rukia. I believe he was making a comment on her attachment to Ichigo and said "I see. This child does closely resemble Him." A line which it later became obvious to be in reference to the lieutenant in Ukitake's squad who she "killed". I'd say it's pretty clear that he was referring to the same guy when he said it to Ukitake.Go back and watch episode 49. The guy looks pretty much exactly like Ichigo except with black hair.

Really if you go back and watch most of the answers are there, you are just spending too much time trying to over complicate things.

Quote Originally Posted by RyougaZell
    Its name is Ore Ska Band, not Tokyo Ska Paradise Orchestra.
    That's the band in the CURRENT ending. What I said was...
    Quote Originally Posted by JaySee
    I'd like to see an opening/ending with Tokyo Ska Paradise Orchestra.

arg! i was like cool new opening and the first thing i see were those gay filler dolls. just finish watching ep. grimjaw owns

ty psj for this sig

Happily, that's all we saw of the filler dolls the rest of the episode!

For God will not permit that we shall know what is to come... those who by some sorcery or by some dream might come to pierce the veil that lies so darkly over all that is before them may serve by just that vision to cause that God should wrench the world from its heading and set it upon another course altogether and then where stands the sorcerer? Where the dreamer and his dream?

Happily, that's all we saw of the filler dolls the rest of the episode!
    I wish they'd just kill those things already.

Quote Originally Posted by Crash
    Well they need to add filler, and it's better to develop filler characters during filler sequences (like Keigo's sister or the dolls or the Bount) than mess with the main characters. That said, they really could do better at creating interesting filler characters. The 3 dolls are so unlikeable: a b*tch, a snooty englishman, and a weirdo (though Nova is the coolest of them, he doesn't have much of a character to develop).

For God will not permit that we shall know what is to come... those who by some sorcery or by some dream might come to pierce the veil that lies so darkly over all that is before them may serve by just that vision to cause that God should wrench the world from its heading and set it upon another course altogether and then where stands the sorcerer? Where the dreamer and his dream?

Quote Originally Posted by Crash
    Gimme a flamethrower

Well they need to add filler, and it's better to develop filler characters during filler sequences (like Keigo's sister or the dolls or the Bount) than mess with the main characters. That said, they really could do better at creating interesting filler characters. The 3 dolls are so unlikeable: a b*tch, a snooty englishman, and a weirdo (though Nova is the coolest of them, he doesn't have much of a character to develop).
    They should just keep the filler characters in the sideline and not involve them in any of the battles like they did with Renji and Kon. It's fine to simply have them as "spectators and commentators" in scenes for more filler time and stretchout the episode. And I agree with you, the scenes with the sister were good, there shouldn't be complaints there.

I like the animation on this ep. Really good. Didnt care for the repeating scenes though...(Grim punching Ichigo like 150,000 times) Not bad though, not bad.

-dg-

assertnfailure (7:40:03 PM): dude....your posts are a bunch of nonsense

Keigo's sister ain't filler character. She's a minor support character.

But I do agree dolls and bountos are filler chars.