Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bleach 121

Awesome user with default custom title NeoCybercoin's Avatar
    Wow..Grimmjow freaking kicksass. This one of the the things you need in a villian to make him kick some serious ass. Nice episode overall. Although the opening isn't as worse as Wings of Shit from GSD it's still pretty bad. The singing Kon part cracked me up though.

It's seems now every episode got a " Who's my bitch" character ...
    120 Ururu
    121 Grimjow

" Ownage " is a better commercial argument than fillers ? Yay

You people are freakin unbelievable. First 5 minutes of the episode, I was ready to post that if I hear any complaints from people about this episode I'd hunt them down and hurt them bad. Surprise, surprise, you clowns have something bad to say. 3 pages of whining and pointing out everything that was wrong instead of the 99.9% that kicked absolute ass on anything out there.

This was an amazing episode, start to finish. The animation was AMAZING. Better than movie quality, without that annoying over-doneness you get with movies. The action was intense and I actually was nervously excited about what was going to happen next. The fights were kick ass, the story moved along nicely, even the filler material was great. Yes, they overdid the Keigo sister exchange of looks with Ikkaku, but that's so minor a point in probably the best Bleach episode ever. The OP was good, the ED animation was KICK ASS, even if the song didn't fit Bleach. The Shinigami Golden Cup rules, and the preview was hilarious. What more could you people ask for?? What the f*ck is the matter with you people???

I prefer the Rolling Star song, but the animation from the previous OP was a bad reminder of filler time. I welcome the change.

I agree with most of what you're saying, the animation was indeed great. Don't care much for the OP or the ED. They made a mockery of the excellent Grimmjow and Ichigo fight with the portion with the continues jabs, but other than that, there's really nothing else to comaplain about this episode.

Awesome user with default custom title itadakimasu's Avatar
    i thought it was a pretty good ep, yes... grimmjow did kick ass.

i didn't like the opening song but the animation foreshadowing the coming story was pretty good. cant wait until next week to get some vaizard action ^ ^

also, i like how the shinigami cookbook : golden has now been 3 running skits hahaha, con is the man, so pervy.

Quote Originally Posted by Animeniax
    The OP was good, the ED animation was KICK ASS, even if the song didn't fit Bleach. The Shinigami Golden Cup rules, and the preview was hilarious. What more could you people ask for?? What the f*ck is the matter with you people???
    I could never endorse these OPs and EDs, because for me Bleach was quite an early anime series, and the punkish atmosphere of the beginning coloured it in my mind for good. The OPs and EDs (and even the content) have long since dropped that style and feeling, but still I yearn the distant past when that was still true. And these new ones are as far from that image as you could possibly get - no matter what manner of credits they otherwise at large could have had.

But yeah, the visual side of this epidose was impressive, both animation and camera work. Very interesting. And Grimmjow made quite an impression. I didn't really mind even the length of the Keigo sister's scene, because it was so bizarre in a positive manner.

Well, against all reason I only hope the Arrancars managed to actually kill somebody, thus creating more tension. But I guess that wouldn't fit the shounen textbook format...

I have to admit I think the songs are wrong for Bleach too, but the animation in the OP and ED are good, and a welcome change for the OP since the last one ran for like 30 episodes or something. I love Rolling Star (check out the full version, it's better), but the animation was filler-quality and I don't miss it. Hopefully they get another rockin' song from YUI for an OP or ED or both. Check out her music, it rules.

The bumper in the middle is the same unfortunately.

i liked the OP song. it reminded me of the kenshin OP for some reason. The ED song wasn't bad either. I usually tend to hate every ED song and sequence, but im actually liking these ones.

And as has been said before the ep was just awesome. The other fights ended too quickly imo, but i guess it was necessary to show that they only won due to the element of surprise.

Im curious though, what happened to hitsuguya when he froze that arrancar? did the arrancar somehow attack him while frozen, or did he just fall due to the previous injuries? cuz it seemed like he was slashed by an invisible attacker or something, since he wasn't in that bad a shape prior to the release.

Maybe he was just using ice to keep his wounds closed. When the arrancar was finally out of picture, he ran out of energy and let go of his bankai, thus letting also the injuries to fully open.

This episode was great! Like most of the people I don't like the OP and the ED songs but thats ok with me as long as they're going to show us more of this awesome animation .

Maybe Hitsuguya was hit by his own bankai respectively the disappearing of the same. The arrancar in the last ep compared Hitsugaya's ice-flowers to a timer so perhaps his bankai explodes like a bomb if he let its flowers go down to zero.

Something was very 300ish

On DB release
    12:26 : Grimjow moves, so fluid
    12:38 : look at the way Ichigo swing his sword ... It looks like some slow mo

If you look carefully you'll notice that Shunpo/Sonido animation is something else , notice the quality of the sound effects, and now the sound background met some standards(Wind, ...).

Bleach Prod bought some cool stuff from a sound bank and got themselves some good animators.

And yeah OP and ED deserve one line of whinning ... It's baaad we all agree on that, it makes you want to buy a Flamethrower and a ticket to their next concert.

This ep was excellent. I guess this is the advantage anime only viewers have over manga readers, that they can't bitch about the storyline deviating slightly in to filler territory if the filler is of good quality.

Grimmjow has established his credentials as a kick ass villain. When Ichigo was having the flashbacks of Orihime and Rukia I honestly thought the hollow in him was about to bust out and do some ass whooping. Too bad it didn't happen, but look forward to that in the future.

Orihime joining Aizen??? Man that has to have on hell of an explaination. Maybe she wants to gain the power to whoop Rukia? Whatever the reason, can't wait for the next ep.

Quote Originally Posted by Assassin
    And as has been said before the ep was just awesome. The other fights ended too quickly imo, but i guess it was necessary to show that they only won due to the element of surprise.

Im curious though, what happened to hitsuguya when he froze that arrancar?
    I don't understand why Renji said they wouldn't have won without the element of surprise. All 3 of the Shinigami are now 5 times as powerful, so they defeated weaker level 10-20 Arrancar. I don't see why that would require a gimmick for them to win. Renji even says that he doubts he could have beat his opponent if he was full power from the start. I can't see why that would be. I just think it would mean he'd have beaten his opponent that much sooner.

Either Hitsugaya was hurt bad and holding himself together until the end, or he exerted himself too much with his last attack. Plus like someone else said, maybe he expended his bankai, which doesn't make sense, since he now has a huge reserve of reiatsu, should his timer reset or last longer? Weird.

One thing I didn't like, they didn't show Matsumoto's zanpaketou in action, again. I want to see what it can do.

If Orihime is going to have more screen time, I really hope they improve her dialogue:
    *gasp*
    *heavy breathing*
    *yells someone's name*
    *gasp*
    *sigh*
    *yells someone's name again*
    *yell's someone's name yet again*
    *gasp*
    *heavy breathing*
    *gasp*
    etc, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Animeniax
    I don't understand why Renji said they wouldn't have won without the element of surprise. All 3 of the Shinigami are now 5 times as powerful, so they defeated weaker level 10-20 Arrancar. I don't see why that would require a gimmick for them to win.
    I believe his exact phrasing was that HE couldn't have, not they. Still i thought having him say it was a bit awkward and unneeded though. I'm guessing it was an attempt at trying to establish some kind of power gap between Renji and the others. After all, he has only recently achieved Bankai and hasn't had the long training it requires to truly master it so it stands to reason that he wouldn't be as strong as Hitsugaya who is Captain class and has likely trained extensively in the use of his Bankai. As far as Matsumoto goes we really have no idea how powerful she is since her boobs get more camera time than her fights lol.

Great episode though, Grimmjow is officially the second best villain/fight right under Zaraki in the SS arc imo. It makes you wonder though how things are going to progress. They're gonna have to come up with some awfully creative ways to make ichigo stronger though. On top of that, if they're taking orders from Aizen that mean him, Gin, and Tousen must all be quite a bit stronger than the Espada are at this point.Gonna be a good arc though, one can only hope all the major fights are animated as well as that one was.

Ninja edit: Spoiler removed
    Last edited by Deadfire; Fri, 04-13-2007 at 01:21 AM.

You're right Crash, he does say "if I'd been at full strength from the start, I might not have won". Good point about the skill difference between him and a captain. I'd have liked to see more of Matsumoto's fighting ability, but maybe they're saving that for the future.

The sound effect for the Arrancar "echoing movement" is THE SHIT. Awesome sound, like it's ripping the air.

Renji's baboon bone cannon is too damn cool.

Gimme warp speed on that Bankai eh ...

a fountain pourin' like an avalanche, comin' down the mountain
    The new OP is good. I was just getting to like the old one though... but the animation and style of the new one is better. The song is so-so. ...watching the OP gave me this horrible, horrible premonition about Inoue going to the Hollow side... And now that I look at everyone's posts, I see this was clearly what they were trying to convey... I'm hoping they have a good explanation for it beside: I can't be of any help and Ichigo doesn't return my love, so i'm going to kill myself. Oh shit I became a Hollow!

LOL at Keigo's sister and Ikkaku. Very good comedic break. Sounds like a new, light-hearted track playing during most of that scene too.

Also, new music when Grimmjaw is just wailing on Ichigo? The piano piece? That one I like a lot. It was nice to see Ichigo get beat up, get him all good and mad so the fight can really get down. It was interesting to see Grimmjaw take his time, enjoy beating up the stronger opponent after he felled Rukia with one hit. He seems to be another of those guys who gets off from gloating his strength over other reputed fighters...

And looks like the spraying spit after getting hit is here to stay... Mixed in some blood (and what a shade of red!) though, which makes it way better than the unforgivable Yami fight...

God I hope Tatsuki starts fighting...
    Overall a very satisfying end to this brief sortie. The badassness of the Limit-less Shinigami makes up for that crap in 120, and the fight with Ichigo and Grimm was pretty sweet to watch, even if it was one-sided. Anyone else get reminded of a certain black swordsman when HIchigo started awakening and Ichigo's eyes started to get covered over in black?

The ED stinks, in my opinion. Byakuya in a leather jacket and pop music = fail. Tousen's new duds also fail.

Next episode looks promising: Ichigo with the Vaizards, Ishida training with his dad and Aizen's "punishment" for Grimmjaw.

Good looks on point out those SFX details Inazuma. I love the sound the Hollow Sonido makes. And yes, as stated, the animation was delicious in this ep.

Humans are different from animals. We must die for a reason. Now is the time for us to regulate ourselves and reclaim our dignity. The one who holds endless potential and displays his strength and kindness to the world. Only mankind has God, a power that allows us to go above and beyond what we are now, a God that we call "possibility".

I keep wondering how the fuck dattebayo translated 'SONIDO' to echoing movement...

Masa:
    I agree. Tatsuki totally needs to join them someday. If Inoue and Chad's power materialized from being exposed to Ichigo in just a few years... what kind of powers could Tatsuki get since she has been around Ichigo ever since both were little kids? I seriously hope Kubo decides to give her more screentime soon.

Rewatched op sequence. Scenes are great and makes you think what is gonna happen. But the song doesn't seem good for those sequences (mind... I didn't read the translation of the lyric...) the rythm seems off.

Ore Ska Band is awful. Yes, I already said this. But they ARE awful.

it was a kickass episode from start to finish. I for one actually prefer this opening over Rolling star. this OD has a bigger sense of desperation and struggle and it showcases a lot of hollow ichigo as well as the rest of Aizen's espada's. I really look forward to the future episodes, and it appears Aizen will have an interest in Orohime in the future...interesting. Or at least she'll play a bigger role in the story. And Ishida, i completely forgot about him, nice to see him in the OD

Also, Grimmjow is tied with that other guy for favourite arrancar. Seriously, you have the silent cool type, then you have the psychotic emphatic type hehe. Awesome, and i loved that shot where his jawbone moved with his mouth. They kind of dragged out the whole 'walking towards Ichigo to pound him' sequence, but the animation was awesome!

Its also intersting to see Tousen order around Grimmjow, especially when it was shown in Soul society he was whipped by Zaraki, who was beaten by Ichigo hehe, who in turn is being whipped by grimmjow.