View Poll Results: Will BoC have a lower rep than Animeniax one month from now?

Voters
46. You may not vote on this poll
  • FO SHO

14 30.43%
  • NAW

32 69.57%
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast

Thread: Reputation System: Dramatics and Whining

Hey I didn't hijack this thread. I started my own thread in General and Masa merged it with this.

If you wanted me to, I could go through and pick out all these posts and remake it into a separate one, then lock and delete it on grounds of being trolling/contentless. And then I'd have to warn you and go on a massive repping spree to Pos Rep you as many times as possible to stop your little plan.

And stop posting so much on this thread, like comp asked. Have your fun, but keep it relativey slop-free.

masa
    Last edited by masamuneehs; Mon, 04-09-2007 at 11:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dragonrage
    Anyways if you want to achieve your goal. Go and piss assertnfailure and BUD as well as jad and XDM; if you can find them.
    Only problem with that is that it usually takes me a while to rep 12 different people (or however many the min limit is) before I can rep a person again.
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

Jounin
    I still don't understand this...

Lol, good work BoC, I think it's cool that you might manage to fully destroy the utility of the rep system. I've already gotten one rep with the text "You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Board of Command again." and I doubt i'm the only one or that it'll be the last.

If enough people get in on this and keep handing out random reps just to get another shot at BoC the numbers for most people should completely stop having meaning within a month or two. A semi-viable solution would be to collectively choose 12 other people and designate them as rep recovery resevoirs, repping one post by each of these people then returning to BoC. If these 12 people would be the only ones with completely bogus reputations BoC could have his fun while the rest of the system would still have what meaning it did before.
    Last edited by Yukimura; Tue, 04-10-2007 at 11:34 AM.

Day 4 results:

5 negs
    Net change: -42 points

You bring up a good point, Yuki. My progress would probably slow down to a grind in a few days due to the way the rep system is set up. The problem with the bogus system is that you can only rep one post once, so these bogus accounts must keep making new posts to receive more reps. Oh well...we'll see how far the current system will take me.

I just love being neg repped whenever I post that I bought new naruto figures on the Naruto forums.

I never said anything about bogus accounts, I meant pick 12 people with lots of posts (say the 12 people with the most posts for example) the goeal of my thought experiment was to get you your neg rep and contain the rep destruction to only 12 people, but as you said, they'd have to be people with lots of posts to fresh posts would exist to fuel the cycle until it was complete. Now this does bring up the dilemma of do the people with the most posts deserve to have their reps ruined so that BoC can have fun, but there are a lot of people with large post counts that haven't been back for a while so maybe they woulnd't mind.

Yuki, the rep system was ruined about 2 weeks after it began, back when the original circle jerk started.

LOL... I wasn't trying to get pos repped for bitching about a neg rep, and suddenly the previous post here got 3 pos and 1 neg.

The neg one was funny as hell btw. "Get a life nerdy" hahaha... hmmm... Lets see... I have a full time job, with a good sallary, I watch anime as hobby, I play videogames as hobby, I have friends, I ofter go to reunions.

Yes. I have no life. Im a Computer Systems Engineer after all

talk about a sucky existence. Man you need to get out more often DL.
    ___
    ---------------------------- "THE DROPOUT CREW"--------------------------------
    ________Deblas, IfingHateTonTon, RyougaZell, dragonrage.________

________ we may fuck up alot but we always pull thru.

Ok 3 people pos repped me in the last little while. They're obviously Animeniax fans. As you can see my rep is now back up to 6 bars.

Thanks a lot, assholes.

Ok, so I haven't made a post since 2-11-07 before this one, but in the 2+ months I was gone, it's nice to know I was still loved.

BoC I have a rep power of 21...whatever the hell that means and I'll be glad to help you decrease that rep..you..uhh deserve it?

LaZie made this...a long time ago.

"It was a very depressing time in my life, since I had no money I was unable to screw the rules" -Kaiba

This is interesting, I would like to help but I have no repping power...

I'm not an Animeniax fan, but you'll never catch up to him. Maybe if you started with neutral rep you'd have a chance, but he's too far ahead. And he doesn't compare to the neg-rep legend that was Mizuchi. Aww, what the hell, I'll cheer for you anyway!

Go BoC!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Super5
    And he doesn't compare to the neg-rep legend that was Mizuchi. Aww, what the hell, I'll cheer for you anyway!

Go BoC!!!!
    This literally made me LMAO!!!!
    hahah lol wow. I took like 3 months off from posting regularly, and i havent had a rep in like half a year. Its nice to know that my name still lives on.

I don't care if I get neg repped for a bad post, or because someone simply thinks totally different from me.

But I totally hate getting neg rep on serious threads. Got a neg rep on the thread about the asian guy (forgot his name already) that killed his classmates and on WD's thread about the insecurity we live on Mexico.

BoC, one of those pos reps was from me because I didn't know about your quest. Sorry about that. It probably didn't hurt your score much though, considering my rep power.

It's kind of an unfair contest, since I've been banned twice in the past few months, once for 1 month and just now for 10 days. Plus, a lot of people fell for my "please neg rep me" sig, and gave me pos rep out of spite to slow my progression. A few people did give me neg rep to help me, but that actually went against my plan. I thank them for their support anyway.

Personally I think the rep system works well, except it makes people fear being themselves or speaking their minds (therefore it produces the same fear as raising your hand in class and asking a question, for fear of being called dumb). For the most part all of us here are social miscreants who have won few popularity contests in our lives to be sure. What makes the mods think we can successfully participate in a popularity contest on these forums?

For God will not permit that we shall know what is to come... those who by some sorcery or by some dream might come to pierce the veil that lies so darkly over all that is before them may serve by just that vision to cause that God should wrench the world from its heading and set it upon another course altogether and then where stands the sorcerer? Where the dreamer and his dream?

If I could change my name
    to Saberfire... I would
    Quote Originally Posted by Animeniax
    What makes the mods think we can successfully participate in a popularity contest on these forums?
    Now if I can remember right here the mods did not have a hand in making the rep system. That would be your admin. We just sat back and watched the creation become what it is today.

In fact I myself have said any multiple occasions that the rep system doesn't work, and it's nothing more then a tool people use for what ever reason they wish.

It's funny how every mod is different on how they deal with things yet we are all branded the same....
    image fail!

Quote Originally Posted by Deadfire
    Now if I can remember right here the mods did not have a hand in making the rep system. That would be your admin. We just sat back and watched the creation become what it is today.

In fact I myself have said any multiple occasions that the rep system doesn't work, and it's nothing more then a tool people use for what ever reason they wish.

It's funny how every mod is different on how they deal with things yet we are all branded the same....
    D'oh, my bad then. Admins and mods are higher level beings (on a forum), so it's users vs mods\admins, so they are usually grouped together. It's also easy to mass mods into one group, especially on this forum, since their primary way of dealing with things is to click the "BAN" button.

I think the current rep system, while flawed, adds another layer of participation to a forum, so I'm all for it.

For God will not permit that we shall know what is to come... those who by some sorcery or by some dream might come to pierce the veil that lies so darkly over all that is before them may serve by just that vision to cause that God should wrench the world from its heading and set it upon another course altogether and then where stands the sorcerer? Where the dreamer and his dream?

It's because they're the man, and everyone hates the man.