View Poll Results: Do you wash your bowl right after?

Voters
38. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

10 26.32%
  • No

28 73.68%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do you wash your bowl right after eating cereal?

Do you wash your bowl right after eating cereal?

I'm living with 5 roommates right now and 3 of them eat cereal with me in the morning. However, after they finish they just leave the bowl in the sink and fill them with water. I don't get why they do that. I just rinse out my bowl afterwards because it takes 10 seconds to do so. I don't see how filling them with water is supposed to help since it's just milk and rinsing the bowls is enough to clean them.

Anyway I eat Oatmeal Crisp (Maple Nut flavor). My favorite cereal by far.

I just put it on the counter and use it again later. No water needed.

I'm official.

I have to wash it because we all share the bowls. However, my roommates apparently don't think the same way because they just pile them in the sink and wash them after work. It takes all of 10 seconds to rinse them out and put them on the drying rack...

I leave it in some corner of my room....and either leave it there to be excavated in the future or until my mom finds it......
    Don't believe in yourself, believe in me, who believes in you.

Soak, but don't wash.

I evidently doesn't count as washing it, since I usually chuck it into the sink and fill it up with water too, leaving it there for the rest of the day, until I eventually put it into the dishwasher. It prevents the cereal remnants from crusting up on the bowl. Imagine if your roommates didn't even fill them with water.

Have you ever tried to pry off Cream of Wheat or Mini-wheats after they've been stuck in the bowl for a couple of hours?

It's breakfast. Dishes are meant to be done in the evening.

Yes...yes i have...you gotta lick it. Lick it hard.

I'm official.

If I could change my name
    to Saberfire... I would
    I have a dishwasher, I simply put it in that...

I turn it on everyday too

In the morning I take the clean bowl out use it and put it back in the dishwasher
    image fail!

I assume you don't pay the water bill then DF.

Anyway, My OCD shows up strongly when it comes to dishes, I HATE seeing stuff sitting in the sink with water in it, and of course I'm not too fond of Cracklin' Oat Bran encrusted bowls either. I generally just wash my (and my lazy roomate's) bowls as soon as possible.

Get a maid to come and clean the bowls

Oh, and the best cereal by far is that new Kellogg one that has strawberry yogurt clusters in it.
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

I do both, rinse it then fill it with water. Best of both worlds.
    I think I know precisely what I mean
    when I say it's a schpadoinkle day

a fountain pourin' like an avalanche, comin' down the mountain
    it depends on the state of the sink...

i thought this thread was going to be about types of cereal...

Humans are different from animals. We must die for a reason. Now is the time for us to regulate ourselves and reclaim our dignity. The one who holds endless potential and displays his strength and kindness to the world. Only mankind has God, a power that allows us to go above and beyond what we are now, a God that we call "possibility".

Awesome user with default custom title XanBcoo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryllharu
    Soak, but don't wash.

I evidently doesn't count as washing it, since I usually chuck it into the sink and fill it up with water too, leaving it there for the rest of the day, until I eventually put it into the dishwasher. It prevents the cereal remnants from crusting up on the bowl. Imagine if your roommates didn't even fill them with water.

Have you ever tried to pry off Cream of Wheat or Mini-wheats after they've been stuck in the bowl for a couple of hours?

It's breakfast. Dishes are meant to be done in the evening.
    Totally agree, this is exactly what I do. With any dishes/bowels/silverware, I just run water over them and put them in the sink, to prevent crusting. Then, if I feel like using them later (and don't want to put them in the dish washer) I can easily clean them.

Why's it such a problem BOC? Do you have to deal with the dishes when you're at home and they're not, or are you just generally curious?

I remember about 2 years ago there actually was a thread about different types of cereal. Great stuff.

<@Terra> he told me this, "man actually meeting terra is so fucking big", and he started crying. Then he bought me hot dogs

Quote Originally Posted by masamuneehs
    it depends on the state of the sink...

Surprise! It's a bitching thread.
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

I don't have a habit of eating cereal, but if I did, I would probably rinse the bowl, leave it on the counter, and then use it again once or twice before washing it more thoroughly.

Benevolent Dictator
    Blog Entries
    dishes in general:

plates, silverware: toss in the dishwasher.
    bowls: rinse if they've got something that'll cake on, then toss in the dishwasher.
    glasses: if they had water, dishwasher. if they had something else, rinse first (to prevent stuff gooing up in the bottom).

I have a lot of dishes, plates, glasses and whatnot, so typically I'll run the dishwasher once, maybe twice a week.

I don't eat cereal, as a rule.

Quote Originally Posted by XanBcoo
    Why's it such a problem BOC? Do you have to deal with the dishes when you're at home and they're not, or are you just generally curious?
    It's a problem because we all share the same dishes. Sometimes they "forget" to wash them after leaving them in the sink overnight and whoever needs a bowl has it wash it themselves. It's fine and all if you're living alone or something, but when you're sharing kitchenware with 5 other people, it really helps if you wash your stuff right away.

Here at home, as is common in many families in my country, we have a maid. So, eh, I pretty much don't do anything.

When I was living with roommates and with my Japanese family, though, I usually washed everything I could and didn't take much work. With the Japanese it was out of pure goodwill, I just wanted to help.

With my roommates, it was because we shared stuff - just like BoC, they wouldn't really do their share, and truthfully I'd rather do a little work after I'm done eating instead of having to wash when I'd rather just eat.

'Sides, I wouldn't want that crazy Russian girl anywhere near my mugs. She was just.... weird. Oh, and Miss French-Accented-English once bought me dinner as thanks for doing her dishes, so it was cool.

無理してここまでやってきて これからもすっと同じだろう
    それでも何かを信じたい 心の奥の声

Rinse everything I use and then stick it in the dishwasher. Dishwasher runs everyday. As I live with my family, it gets other dishes to wash apart from mine.

I rarely eat cereals. When I do, it depends if I have time or not. If I don't, I just leave it in the sink. If I do, I just rinse it. But, most of the time, I don't have time.

i eat cereal and put it in the sink or wash it when i am in the mood