Page 1 of 17 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Tengen Toppa Gurren-Lagann

Tengen Toppa Gurren-Lagann

Here's the commerical and preview of Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann:
    http://www.sendspace.com/file/4310f1
    http://www.sendspace.com/file/0c2ek0

Series by Gainax, hopefull it'll be good. The last series I liked from them were This Ugly and Beautiful World and Melody of Oblivion.

In the distant future, people build their homes and raise domestic animals in subterranean caverns. As a result, they live in fear of the occasional earthquake and cave-in, and have been for hundreds of years. Jeeha is one such village.

One day, a boy named Simon happens to find a small, shiny drill whilst digging to expand the village. At the same time, Kamina, a guy who believes that there is another land above the village, persuades a gangster to break through the ceiling in order to leave the cavern. Suddenly, an earthquake occurs and the ceiling collapses, followed by a big robot breaking through the ceiling.

Kamina is now sure that there is a world above them. Recklessly, he begins to fight against the robot. At that moment, another person appears from the land above. It is a girl by the name of Yoko. With a rifle in hand, she had been tracking the robot. However, all she could do was distract it. Then, Simon shows what he had found to Kamina and Yoko. It`s a mysterious robot whose head is also its body.

From AnimeNfo
    http://www.gurren-lagann.net/
    http://anidb.info/perl-bin/animedb.p...anime&aid=4575
    http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ency...me.php?id=6698

Nice, I also like his Ugly and Beautiful World and Melody of Oblivion. It sounds interesting. I'll check it out.

yea i liked Melody of Oblivian to so i am going to check this out

First episode by ADTRW:
    http://raspberryheaven.net/~adtrw/to..._ADTRW.torrent

I liked the first episode... It at least has some nice animation and some cool characters (though they may get annoying at times). I think this will become an epic series, which many of you will like... especially when you compare where the show currently is with the opening sequence.
    Last edited by Munsu; Wed, 04-04-2007 at 10:20 AM.

Ive always been a Gainax fan ever since Evangelion, so when i found out that they are apart of this show I decided to downloaded it. I like it thus far. I love Yoko. Dearest bouncey large breasted Yoko. Red haired, bouncy tittied gun using wonder, Yoko. Frankly, i like all of the main characters.

Iam looking forward to episode two. I hope its Yoko-rific.

Damn morning clock, we know what time it airs now :P

"Chrono is our Religion. In the name of the Chrono, the Zeal, the Trigger and Cross, Amen."

Mmm, the subbers didn't make any karaoke. Oh well, not needed but nice nonetheless. Very interesting series I must say, I was kinda irked by how young everything looked. But I'll be following this.
    Last edited by animus; Fri, 04-06-2007 at 03:58 PM.

Watching the intro I didn't think I was going to like this show much. I wasn't all that wowed, though Kamina seems interesting, but when Yoko showed up I pretty much turned right around. Shallow as it may be I think the main reason I'll dl the next episode is her.

I was like thank god she's not one of those Kyaaaaa! girls that go around slapping people when talked about sexually, or when Simon fell onto her jugs.

Interesting. Wonder if the scene in space is some sort of flash-forward? In any case this series looks fairly promising story-wise, and I personally love the animation style. And yeah, Yoko is probably my favorite character thus far, probably due to incredibly chill she is. Simon is neck-deep in her tits, and she simply smiles and raises her eyebrows. That's not something you see to often in anime.

The future giant-mechazord to be is pretty tight. Drills come out everywhere, and it looks pretty unique.

Episode 2 by Nyoro~n Fansubs

No idea if this fansub groups any good as they're new.

Edit: Decent subs, a lot of the times the translations are different and replaced with a different phrase, like in Japanese i heard "Give me a break, Aniki" but they put "We actually won, Aniki...." Anyways, this series is really interesting, and it kinda feels like Viewtiful Joe with Mechs and stuff.
    Last edited by animus; Sat, 04-14-2007 at 12:22 PM.

Man I keep lovin' this series more and more, and it's only ep 2. Killer animation, robot ass- kickery, and bookoo fanservice from Yoko. Too bad though, I was kind of hoping Kamina's dad was gonna come up later. This is the series I wait for every week.

As for Nyoro~n, not bad for someone I've never heard of. Their .mkv version is a much higher quality. Nice to have a karaoke, and the subbing job was pretty good in my opinion.

Episode 3 - Nyoro~n
    Episode 3 HQ - Nyoro~n

Nice, new episode! I wasn't expecting one so soon, hopefully Nyoro~n keeps this pace up now. The raw was released on the 15th, not a bad release time.

Episode 2 was pretty good, though I didn't get the part where Kamina was looking at the skull and then all of a sudden was able to pilot the Gurren.

Maybe it triggered his ambition, his willpower, and determination. He always looked upon his dad's bracelet skull I believe. Or maybe since it was his dad's skull it subconsciously triggered something in him? We may never know

Edit: Just watched episode 3. Man I love this series. It feels so fresh and unique, and this episode was packed with action. Looks like Yoko has a thing for Kamina, Simon for Yoko and Kamina is indifferent.
    Last edited by animus; Tue, 04-17-2007 at 01:17 PM.

Kaboom
    Out of all the series that have gotten way more attention this season, this is the series I find myself eagerly checking for new episodes. It's really taken a genre and excelled in it, without trying to reinvent everything. The uniting scene was classic. Can't wait for episode 4.

yeah this show is made of win and gold, has that same feeling i got watching FLCL

when she shot the hippo thingy in the forehead i loled
    Favorite Gotwoot Mod moment: "Why is everyone in that show black? The art and music are pretty good, and the voice acting is alrite as well......but i can't stand that guy who follows afro around. Hes so, well, black, for the lack of a better term (well thats not true, there is a better term, but i wont use it here)" Assassin

i was raised by this woman =O
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9JrR7hPT9Bs

Kamina is a deity... he basically decides something he does will have some kind of effect and it happens.

This series has really surprised me. It looked like a really generic mecha, but despite the fairly simplistic art, it has a really stylized look that really makes it stand out. In episode 3, where Kamina fights the beast man leader, first off, the katana takes forever to draw out of the sheath, really bringing up the tension.

Then, when he slices all the blades of grass and they just hang for a second before blowing away into the wind. It was such a simple, sometime overdone effect, but for some reason, it really just blew me away.

When Kamina smashed the Lagann into the top of his Gurren, and the drill was sticking out into his cockpit, I just started to laugh. I muttered, "What a moron," right before the beast-guy did.

That, and the hippo-thing getting shot in the forehead. I watched it like 5 times.

EDIT: It's the little details that make the series. Kamina's V-shaped sunglasses, straight out of any dated series from the 80's or early 90's, Yoko's tiny Skull hairpin, Simon...well, being a worthless coward.

Simon's never going to get any punani at this rate.