Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Tengen Toppa Gurren-Lagann

Did you guy missed the opening sequence of the series? Simon is going to become some badass character.

Quote Originally Posted by Munsu
    Did you guy missed the opening sequence of the series? Simon is going to become some badass character.
    Oh you mean the sequence in Episode 1? Heh I brushed it off, and thought that it was Kamina due to his height. But after rewatching it, yeah that's definetely Simon. However, i don't know if we'll ever see him like that by the end of the series. Maybe it's an end-all be-all pinnacle flash-forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Munsu
    Yeah, but that's when I get the feeling, "He's only going to become that way because Kamina died, and Simon stepped up in his place." That's what I get for watching so many GAINAX series, a horrible case of pessimism.

Oh no doubt, I have a feeling Kamina will also die... That's why people have to go beyond first impressions of the series, I think it'll have plenty of plot twists, emotional moments, and it can even become an epic series.

Finally caught up to episode 3.

This is a really good series, with good characters. I liked the scene where Yoko wanted to look for provisions alone with Kamina and then Simon tags along. The human-like beast guy was really cool, and his sword fight with Kamina was nicely animated.

The gattai formation was really well done too, he can simply take Ganmen parts and simply assimilate them apparently.

Seems like Simon could develop a crush on Yoko, or he already has... still he seems to recognize that Yoko might like Kamina, so it'll be interesting to see how it develops.

The love triangle is something else I noticed. I think Simon already has a crush on Yoko, and Yoko is blatantly infatuated with Kamina. At the same time, Yoko doesn't hesitate to shove Simon into her breasts, and she has seemed very impressed with him when he gets all determined and does something amazing with the Lagann. Yoko is a nice change from a lot of anime heroines because she's really open about everything. She doesn't scream when anyone touches her. I think Yoko might view Simon as a kid though, but who can really blame her for that.

Kamina, of course, it totally oblivious to everything and only seems to care about his pride as a 'Gurren Squad' leader.

It's a love rectangle! Lon wants in on the action!

Last edited by AsclepiusZ; Thu, 04-26-2007 at 03:59 PM.
    ~ I got kicked out of a library once for moving all the bibles into the fiction section ~

Is it me or is there something wrong with the non-HQ version? Everything's all sped up and the audio's all weird.

Not just you. i'm getting it too....

Ill edit my post above to note this.
    ~ I got kicked out of a library once for moving all the bibles into the fiction section ~

I had no problems with the HQ version, it's just the drop in animation quality. Though that makes the series look even more like classic anime, so if you look at it that way, it's not really that bad.

I loved how Kamina's idea of training for uniting involves dodging boulders for no apparent reason. When Simon said he finally understood (while dodging Ganmen) and then Kamina reveals that wasn't the reason at all, I just started to laugh.

Kamina swatting Simon away every time he tried to climb up to unite, even as he was being beaten by the beastmen, hilarious. I'm surprised how much I look forward to each episode of this.

I haven't watched the episode, but apparently the episode has provided some controversies between the anime community and the animators. Apparently this was only an experimental episode, so don't expect the animation to continue like that throughout the series, at least we can hope.

You can read more about what's going on here:
    http://zepy.momotato.com/

Scroll down till it starts talking about Gainax.

Yea I noticed the art of the characters especially, and their animation being different. Episode 4 was good though, and we have 3 more additional Kamina fangirls. Too bad they aren't travelling with the Gurren Brigade.

This show is just fun to watch, the outrageousness is done well and makes it that much more enjoyable. And of course the Yoko fanservice is always nice, that scene on the side of the cliff was great, it even managed to establish that she likes Kamina but isn't sure or is in denial while providing plenty close ups of Yoko's assets.

Yeah... I kind of don't like the way the animation is done in this ep.... maybe it's personal preference but I like when all of the motion is carried into the animation, that's what I liked about this series in the first place, it had really expressive animation. I was about to suggest (semi-seriously) they had blown their animation budget on the first three episodes and it was going down evangelion style (eps 25,26) Good to hear it was just an experiment though. </rant>

When Boota ripped a chunk out of his ass and offered it up to them, it made my day.
    It was like "WTFUX?!?!!?! lolololololol"

This series keeps getting better and better.

Here's a better explanation of the Gainax controversy with 2channel for those interested:
    http://animenewsnetwork.com/news/200...wn-from-gainax

Assholes just can't enjoy the greatness that is Gurren Lagann.

Damn.... guess internet really is serious business.

Benevolent Dictator
    Blog Entries
    they .... ate Boota's tail ...

**speechless**