Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Tengen Toppa Gurren-Lagann

I liked the ending.

All character were present. Poor Nia Simon became a hermit (thats what any hero becomes later in real life).

"Life is hilariously cruel" by Bender

Honestly, from the point this episode STARTED I knew it was going to be the best anything I'd ever seen. I'll post more after work.

Missing Nin
    Wow that was a good ending they covered basically everything and didn't pull any punches. Its nice to see a ending that isn't all happy and isn't all sad once in a while where everyone is just able to progress.

Its to early to be spouting any real spoilers but seriously this is one of the best shows of all time.

That was orgasmic. Simon should've went and grabbed Yoko, but remember to not kiss her or he'd die directly after.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowflame
    Honestly, from the point this episode STARTED I knew it was going to be the best anything I'd ever seen. I'll post more after work.
    I agree, i doubt i'll see a show as good as this one, at least for a while

I loved the ending, what a great way to end such an epic anime.

Orgasm sauce as usual but it felt less impactful then some of the previous episodes because there was no real despair overcome or impossible odds shattered. They just were better than the anti-spiral guy and proved it. Of course it was still fun to watch.

The walking around on galaxies was hilarious and Lord Genome was as pimp as ever, I laughed my ass off when he turned the that Spirit Bomb into a drill and TTGL just ate it. The final scenes after the battle was all over were really good to, with some sadness mixed in with the happiness of victory, all in all it ended on an excellent note and will go down as one of the most amazingly entertaining and fun series I've ever seen.

Oh men.. it was really funny to see Simon after a few years looking like a homeless guy.hhaha LOL Nice thing we didn't have to see the older version on Yoko.. Nia disappearing was really sad..

A bittersweet ending. One of the few cliches the series broke, no super-happy ending. A small touch of realism in a series that always topped itself. I'm ultimately happy with how Simon ended up. He went right back to what he was doing when this all began, a master-driller. He'll love Nia forever, and reality sunk in when she faded. The little lesson with the kid was great. Gimmy and Darry look more of less the same, but Rossiu's head was HUGE!

This looked really amazing on my brand new 20 inch lcd monitor. A feast for all eye's. I feel bad for any who have not seen this anime. This is why I watch anime.

Sig made by Lucifus

Jounin
    I agree, a great ending. Wish more anime had endings like this. I suppose that's what you get when an anime is paying homage to the awesome older ones.

Wish there was another season.

It was Rossiu's nose that was really big! hehe

No other anime/mecha anime has made me cry manly tears so many times like Gurren lagann lol I'm going to miss GL on weekends ;( looks like i'm going to have to pick up naruto manga and bleach to entertain me for a while but it won't be the same T_T

great ending and all but...

what the hell was the beginning then (in episode 1)?????? boota was in it too... i'm highly confused

edit: anyone knows if the "Fight the power" is on the Soundtrack?
    Last edited by Darknodin; Fri, 10-05-2007 at 07:31 PM.

It is indeed on the soundtrack, though I'm not sure which track. There are several tracks with Row Row Fight the Power probably the one you'd be interested in is

Track 1: Rap wa Kan no Tamashii da! Muri wo Toushite Douri wo Kettobasu! Ore Tachi dai Gurren Dan no Theme wo Mimi no Ana Kappo Jitte yo~ Kukiki Yagare!!

But others with that line include
    Track 10: Rap wa Kan no Tamashii da! Onore wo Shinjite Ten wo Yubi Sasu Dotou no Otoko. Kamina-sama no Theme wo Mimi no Ana Kappo Jitte yo~ Kukiki Yagare!! (Which in addition to having the Longest title ever is literally just rap and talking)

And another which is much slower and more technoish.
    Track 16: Rap wa Kan no Tamashii...... Datta... yo na...

And one with a weird Operetic Undertone
    Track 19: "Libera me" from hell
    Last edited by Yukimura; Fri, 10-05-2007 at 08:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Darknodin
    great ending and all but...

what the hell was the beginning then (in episode 1)?????? boota was in it too... i'm highly confused

edit: anyone knows if the "Fight the power" is on the Soundtrack?
    It was a teaser from gainax, Officially a dream simon had. The beginning of the first episode, it did happen from episode 21-26 but a little different. Apparently gainax will make some spin offs based on GL but no sequels.

Quote Originally Posted by GurrenLagann
    It was a teaser from gainax, Officially a dream simon had. The beginning of the first episode, it did happen from episode 21-26 but a little different. Apparently gainax will make some spin offs based on GL but no sequels.

sucks... cuz it could have been gimmy instead of simon

Quote Originally Posted by Darknodin
    sucks... cuz it could have been gimmy instead of simon
    Yeah. but who knows what gainax might make a spin off based on that scene lol

Missing Nin
    Apparently they are making some OVA's bundled with something for the DS in japan so here is the first one subbed by Nyoro.

MKV
    http://a.scarywater.net/nyoron/%5BNy...01.mkv.torrent

AVI
    http://a.scarywater.net/nyoron/%5BNy...5D.avi.torrent
    Last edited by DDBen; Sat, 11-03-2007 at 01:48 AM.

dunno if this was shown before, but hmm:
    http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/1...enlaganqc8.jpg
    -----------------