Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Tengen Toppa Gurren-Lagann

Oh i see, well it could have cool to see those ganmen with spiral power! Even if they don't equal to Simon's power. Just thinking! Boota is turning into a super spiral, much like super saiyan.lol

Is there another download-link?
    i cant oppen .ass files :-(

Nee ep 25 >_<

You don't "open" .ass files, it's a subtitle file. Go read one of the numerous threads in support to get it working.

Quote Originally Posted by Yukimura
    But If Kamina was still around and feeding Spiral Power he'd likely be at or above Simon's level.
    But that was one of the key revelations in the series. When the entire Dai-Gurren Brigade had turned against Simon, and they were all locked away in prison, someone (Yoko I think) had a flashback about a story Kamina once told her.

Kamina, Simon, and a few others were involved in a cave collapse. Kamina admits to Yoko he was terrified, and thought they would all die. But he did know that Simon could drill them out, so he lied and told Simon he wasn't scared at all, sat back and waited. Simon dug and dug and eventually got them all out. Simon then did the same for the Brigade in prison.

Kamina admitted that even he could never compare to Simon. A very interesting way to springboard Simon as the hero back then.

Quote Originally Posted by Y
    You don't "open" .ass files, it's a subtitle file. Go read one of the numerous threads in support to get it working.
    Before i try getting something to work which i probably wont understand: Why is there no normal video-file? Just like for any other anime? Or will there be one in a few days? Until ep 24, i never had to use anything else than a video-file.

If you didn't notice how awfully small the .ass file was, you should've. The softsubs come out first for those really itching to watch it and can't wait for the encode. So you download the raw, and the sub and name them the same, and voila the raw now has subs working. This is assuming you have the right codecs or whatever, I just use CCCP which has everything you'd need.

For those of you without the ability or desire to rename a file (or with slow connections not meant for dling 500 MB raws)
    TT Gurren-Lagann - 25 (1280x720) H264 - [BSS-Anon]
    TT Gurren-Lagann - 25 (704x400) H264 - [BSS-Anon]

Quote Originally Posted by Ryllharu
    But that was one of the key revelations in the series. When the entire Dai-Gurren Brigade had turned against Simon, and they were all locked away in prison, someone (Yoko I think) had a flashback about a story Kamina once told her.

Kamina, Simon, and a few others were involved in a cave collapse. Kamina admits to Yoko he was terrified, and thought they would all die. But he did know that Simon could drill them out, so he lied and told Simon he wasn't scared at all, sat back and waited. Simon dug and dug and eventually got them all out. Simon then did the same for the Brigade in prison.

Kamina admitted that even he could never compare to Simon. A very interesting way to springboard Simon as the hero back then.
    IMO he was being way too humble. Obviously Simon had borrowed on Kamina's strength; why else would Kamina need to lie? If Kamina had been around and getting stronger as well, he'd have easily been the breakout character. The only reason he died was because unlike his undying spirit, his body was mortal, and in terms of plot, he would have overshadowed the person meant to be the main character. Simon was charged with continuing the legacy, but it was Kamina's legacy.

But yeah, suggestions for Yoko's new nickname:
    1. Black Widow
    2. Poison Ivy
    3. Rogue

Any of these should be suitable.

I wouldn't blame yoko this time around. Kittan sealed his fate when he picked the mission. So you're off to a suicide mission. and even if he fired the missiles he wouldn't have been able to come back. Kittan went all the way in to save everyone a True hero.

Also if you pick a suicide mission you either.

A) Kiss the sexy girl

B) Do nothing

I pick A >_>

Oh, it wasn't Yoko's fault with Kamina either, but it's funny that everyone she has kissed has died very soon afterward.

Oh, no one's blaming her, it's just humorous that people kiss her and then they die awesome deaths while being extremely badass and heroic.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowflame
    Oh, it wasn't Yoko's fault with Kamina either, but it's funny that everyone she has kissed has died very soon afterward.
    oh i know but i kinda blame her for kamina. >_>

Student

All eps (so far?) :P

Heyhey, ive compiled a batch torrent with ep 1-25 HD quality subbed by BSS-Anon, SS-BSS & Order....tought it might help people.

Anyway, enjoy

http://www.demonoid.com/files/downlo...60457/26761434

http://torrents.thepiratebay.org/381...18.TPB.torrent
    Douchebox

Holy crap episode 26 was fantastic, nostalgic and AWESOME.

once again for those who dont feel like waiting on a complete hard coded sub, but still want a 90% or better translation:
    http://www.raspberryheaven.net/wiki/Gurren-lagann_26

copy paste it into a ".ass" file and use This raw:
    http://tracker.anirena.com/download.php?id=2159

The episode was...... good and bad I'll post comments after more have watched it
    -------------------------------------------------------------------

|New Signature 3.0!! Simon now has star glasses..... and lost a lot of my respect......R.I.P. Simon without lame glases...

Kamina still kicks ass even from beyond the grave! This episode reminded me a lot of Evangelion's last ep, except it was actually well executed and made sense without having to watching a movie.

Of all the worlds Viral's dream was my favorite, since it proves once and for all that deep down he's a big softie. Plus his cat girl wife was pretty. 27 looks like it's going to be an insane visual orgasm with everyone either summoning their own Gurren-Lagann or merging their strengths into the original.

[Episodic content below for those who want to wait for a real encoded file]

Personally, I loved this episode. It couldn't possibly be more cliche, and at the same time, it has a refinement that most mecha series don't.

They hit every cliche of the genre dead on. Super attacks, a believable victory in sight, faceless overpowering villain, whatever the hell happened with Boota, and best of all, the alternate reality mental trap.

Slip into a different time-space, and give everyone either a creepy mental breakdown (like with Simon at the very beginning of the episode before the super attacks), and then please them all with hallucinogenic, mind bending alternate realities. Yoko's weird Television land, Simon's Lupin III reminiscent world, Gimmy and Darry want to be bakers? world, etc. Then, drop in a "spirit-guide" to lead them all out. Kamina's calm yet badass, nearly guardian angel appearance in Simon's dream was perfect, and utterly cliche. We've seen it in the anime within an anime of Gekigangar in Nadesico, a little bit in Evangelion, and countless other places.

I loved every second of it.

Then, to counter all this, the creators are still experimenting with the art form. The crude but energy filled drawings of Simon at the beginning of the episode, the unique feel to each of the alternate realities, the drippy ghost look of the Anti-Spiral, the room he and Nia were in, and even the shift in style after Kamina showed up.

It gives it a completely unique, refined feel. You're watching art, not just a uberbadass mecha series.

[end content]

^ What he said, haha.

Next Week final episode of Gurren Lagann. I'm going to miss the top quality animation fast paste episodes and awesome fight scenes. :/

Only 24 hours left of the final episode of Gurren lagann D=
    Last edited by GurrenLagann; Fri, 09-28-2007 at 12:14 PM.