Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Movie: Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End

Movie: Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End

www.pirates.movies.com

Man, i cannot wait! trailer looks so awesome. This entire series has to be one of my favorites of all time. Can't wait to see jack in action again .

Awesome user with default custom title RedX1z's Avatar
    You're not the only one, man. I've seen other trailers as well, and it's just something I can't wait for as well.

One more thing, that's Captain Jack Sparrow to you!
    Signature by Lucifus

She knows what you did last summer..

------------私はコピーX 及びSimca が空を征服することを信じる------------

Oh manZ. I hate you Assasin. Now I'm all anxious for the movie!

Oh man the trailer is so awesome! Glad that the movie isn't that far off.
    Looks like the Captain 'ill be facing off against Davy Jones.
    Don't believe in yourself, believe in me, who believes in you.

The first two movies were highly entertaining, so I'm excited for the third one. I'm really glad it's comin' out soon and I don't have to wait another year.

AAAARGH and bottle of rum. Can't wait!!!

"Life is hilariously cruel" by Bender

AHHHH JOHNNY DEPP!!!!!

I cant wait!!!! 60 more days until it comes out!!!!!

Damn, trailer got me way too excited, now its going to seem like a long wait, but it should be worth it.

I saw the trailer last week and all I can say is that this movie looks like its going to be the shit.

The trailer was so good, Im actually more excited to see this than Spiderman 3.

Well that trailer looked very cool, though I'm not sure I can wrap my head around all the things I saw. A submersible pirate ship was pretty taxing on my suspension of disbelief but Harry Potter made it okay, now I'm seeing upside-down pirate ships, pirate ships that sail on sand, flying pirate ships, pirate ships that have gun battles while being sucked into whirlpools. ..and Chow Yun-Fat in a disney movie. I have no doubt this movie will be a visual orgasm, but I hope they also manage to fit a somewhat sensible plot in as well.

Awesome user with default custom title itadakimasu's Avatar
    It feels like there have been such few movies to see in the past couple of years. I almost bought spiderman tickets today until i realized that i will be working on that friday... anyhow.. i will be seeing pirates for sure !!!! the last one left me in dis belief that it was over.

This movies is a must see I love the series and well Capt. Jack is the man, you can't stop the man.

Johnny depp Is awsome, and a pretty damn good actor as well. I basically enjoy all his movies, Including the small part he played in platoon . I know that this is a movie that everyone should go out and see, it is almost a shame that it is going to end..... Can't wait to book my ticket and a few extra one for my friends ( my treat). Heres to a good summer and a great movies, i'll be waiting impatiently.
    ___
    ---------------------------- "THE DROPOUT CREW"--------------------------------
    ________Deblas, IfingHateTonTon, RyougaZell, dragonrage.________

________ we may fuck up alot but we always pull thru.

Awesome movie, Jack is awesome.

So much back stabbing and helping, you end up not knowing what's going on, if you knew what was happening at the time of the happening if which you would've known.

I read some where that Johnny Depp doesn't think the character Jack Sparrow is dead, and is willing to make more films.

*Felix anxiously awaits for a fourth movie

Tomorrow --> 7:15 PM --> JOHNNY DEPP

Just got done watching the movie and i can honestly say it doesn't disappoint.

Wow. Everything was amazing. You will laugh, want to cry, get angry, and at the end you will have a good feeling inside you. Trust me, this movie was worth more than you paid for it. It was worth more than the lines. It was worth more than the small fortune you spent on snacks. It was worth more than the three hours of sleep you got that night.

If you see one movie in the next 3 hours, get your ass to Pirates.

Oh, and stay after the credits end
    Last edited by eat_toast; Fri, 05-25-2007 at 05:53 AM.

I saw it yesterday, and it was magnificant, especially the final brawl on sea, that was just mind blowingly awesome.
    Also, Depp said since the first movie, that he wouldn't mind making pirates 4,5-6,-10-20 etc.. cause he really likes doing it and will keep doing it as long as he is able to and the demand for the movies is there.
    -----------------

Yeah, the good thing is that you can make it go either way, prequel or sequel, as there is so much story that can be made from it. I wouldn't mind it going further and seeing the fountain of youth, or it would be good to see why he is a Pirate lord, and why people know his name (and why he owes them all money). It would also be nice to see some young Cutler Beckett.

People also seem to fear and respect his dad.

Just got back from seeing it, I think it was probably my favourite out of the three.

I couldn't help but feel that the first two movies had a lot of gratuitous action scenes just for the hell of it, huge choreographed stunts that didn't seem to add anything rather than visual splendour. This movie felt much deeper in terms of dialogue and got heavier into the plot and that made it much more enjoyable for me, personally. Oh, and the final battle scene was a blast, quite literally.

One thing though: what did the other pirate ships actually do? "YAARRR, TODAY WE FIGHT", then after the battle was over, "YAAAY WE WON!" even though they basically stayed still the entire time? Lol. Elizabeth's speech towards the end made me cringe though, Keira just can't do that kind of acting IMHO.

Overall, a fitting end to the series and an awesome standalone film in its own right, even though most of it probably wouldn't make sense without seeing the first two. That can't be helped, really. I'm not OMFG OBSESSED with this trilogy like many people seem to be, but this movie really did impress me and I found myself loving every minute.
    I think I know precisely what I mean
    when I say it's a schpadoinkle day

Wow. I am prepared to get neg. repped for this, but I'm not afraid to voice my opinion, so I'll flat out say it: I thought this movie was pretty bad.

It was excruciatingly long, and reminded me of the godawful nightmare that was LoTR: Return of the King on opening night. It felt like I was sitting in the theater forever, waiting patiently for it to end, or at least something good to happen. Nothing ever did, though, so I was left with random scenes in which Johnny Depp talks to himself (I mean, was it necessary to do this more than once? We saw this enough in secret window), too-fast paced action scenes, boring dialogue, and a storyline that I honestly couldn't get into at all.

Don't get me wrong, I thought the first movie was great. Second was decent, too, but this was easily the worst in the trilogy imo. It suffers from the Matrix syndrome, where the first movie was totally awesome and then people are brainwashed into thinking the second and third are good, just because the first was, even though they're really not.

I think the worst part of the movie was the introduction of terrible actors. Callipso's screen role was way too long, her accent sucked, and she really shouldnt've been in the movie at all. What a terrible actress for a big film like that. Second, Keith Richards. I mean... what the hell! Keith Richards is so badass, do you actually think he'd be a good actor as Jack Sparrow's father? No, of course not. Apparently he was drunk during his screen time, so that explains the awkward and pointless acting. So at least he has an excuse, unlike the actor of Callipso.

Anyway, yeah, I think you get the point. I really didn't like this movie at all.