Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Bleach 119

negative, i don't remember that ever happening in the manga.

Quote Originally Posted by RasenDori
    correct me if my wrong manga readers, but didnt renji teach ikkaku how to attain bankai in the manga? i thought this episode was a strange deviation from the original.
    I don't remember this happening, and even if it were true it wouldn't make sense, especially since Ikkaku doesn't want to use bankai... so it'll be very out of character for him to go to someone else and ask them to teach them, especially bankai.

Quote Originally Posted by masamuneehs
    as for Yachiru always being a child... I didn't see her as any more grown-up in the Soul Society arc than in this flashback. I mean, maybe she got a little more vocabulary, but that's just experience...

I always thought that whatever age you were when you died was your age in Soul Society, end of story. Otherwise Yachiru just doesn't make sense... The noted exception to this was seen with Soi Fong and her backstory, where she clearly grew up as time went on in Soul Society. So, now that I think about it, I'm just plain confused...

anyone have any ideas?
    They definitely showed her as a younger child when she first met Zaraki. She looked like a 4 year old. Now she looks like an 8 year old. But aside from the slow physical change, surely her mind must develop at a normal pace so she acts more grown-up and comprehends her surroundings better. But she's probably mentally-stunted for life from all of the violence. Poor kid.

Just saw it. WTF IS THIS SHIT!? They show a stupid fucking falsh-back instead of the actual fight? What they run out of paint or something? I was looking forward to having an orgasm to this ep. Biggest anti-climax ever.

Just saw it, too. And I have to say I really liked it! It was quite an interesting episode as I never considered Renji looking up to Ikkaku. I don't think this makes Renji less bad ass or something.
    As for the aging thing: Maybe in Soul Society you only can age if you use your reiatsu to fight or to make fireworks or whatsoever. So "normal" souls won't age because they do not know how to use their spirit power but shinigami who use it do age. It's like: You use reiatsu --> you get hungry because you've wasted your body/soul --> you age. Now Yachiru doesn't fight very often (never ) as she's always with Kenpachi and he doesn't leave any opponents to her at all that's why she only ages very slow.

Awesome user with default custom title NeoCybercoin's Avatar
    Unusually slow metabolism?

Maybe Zaraki just told her not to grow up. After all, it would be more cumbersome to carry a grown-up woman on your shoulder all the time than a little kid...

Not to mention that it would be very suspicious...

Quote Originally Posted by Munsu
    I don't remember this happening, and even if it were true it wouldn't make sense, especially since Ikkaku doesn't want to use bankai... so it'll be very out of character for him to go to someone else and ask them to teach them, especially bankai.
    i just went back an checked m7's release of chapter 206. in the flashback renji clearly notes that he taught ikkaku bankai

hmmm weird, i just reread 206 too at mangavolume.com and it seem that the only filler content in the episode is the fight scene and the stuff that happen after kenpachi became captain. Ikkaku state that he taught renji how to fight, yumichika show up in 2-3 frame wearing clothes that was similar to the anime and kenpachi speech about how he is lucky that he survive was also in the manga.

If I could change my name
    to Saberfire... I would
    Quote Originally Posted by Kraco
    Maybe Zaraki just told her not to grow up. After all, it would be more cumbersome to carry a grown-up woman on your shoulder all the time than a little kid...
    Yet he had no trouble when Orihime-chan has on his back...

Quote Originally Posted by DB_Hunter
    Not to mention that it would be very suspicious...
    It was...
    image fail!

ok, i just looked at bleach portals version, and the translation in that shot with renji and ikkaku is much more clear. in m7s version it seemed more like renji was talking especially since ther were no pointers indicating who was speaking.

i downloaded it it was pretty cool.