Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bleach 119

Its more like you can manifest Reiatsu or not.
    Those who can manifest it are the ones that also get hungry, but not all became Shinigami. Like Shiba Kukaku for example.

Well, I didn't want to generalize manifesting Reiatsu because we got the likes of Orihime, Chad, and the Quincies.

I should had added that what I said only applied to those of Soul Society.
    Living Shinigamis like Ichigo must be rare. I mean... Ishin and Urahara must be using gigais... or not? Argh... plothole?

Quote Originally Posted by RyougaZell
    I should had added that what I said only applied to those of Soul Society.
    Living Shinigamis like Ichigo must be rare. I mean... Ishin and Urahara must be using gigais... or not? Argh... plothole?
    Haha ok this I have wondered as well. Ishin and Urahara ... are they just shinigami who escaped to the real world or they just using gigais? Confusing ...

Ikkaku vs Kenpachi flash back was pretty good. "I want to die under his command!"

amazing episode. for a completely filler ep, they did a really nice job with it. I just dont like how they implied that ikakku had his bankai sine before he even knew renji. I had always took it to mean that he had developed it sometime after he lost to ichigo and the who thing with aizen happened. Also the fact that this ep kind takes away from renji's bad ass character....but still, awesome ep. loved every minute of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Assassin
    I just dont like how they implied that ikakku had his bankai sine before he even knew renji.
    I didn't get that kind of impression. Rather, I got the impression he kept fighting with Renji for a long time, and possibly achieved his bankai during that time. After all, Renji was pictured quite a newbie when they began, and when they quit, Renji looked pretty much like he did when the series began, with shikai and the style.

Quote Originally Posted by Assassin
    amazing episode. for a completely filler ep,.
    Wait, your saying none of that flashback stuff was in the manga?

Holy shit. Once again, props to whoever writes Bleach's filler.

Some of it was on the manga... can't tell for certain what, but some.

Benevolent Dictator
    Blog Entries
    It's manga chapter 206. Yumichika's presence isn't really made obvious (there's someone standing around that might be him, but way in the background in one frame). Ikkaku's lifestyle and the lead-up to his fight with Kenpachi isn't there, nor is the actual fight. Also, his relationship with Renji isn't there either. It's pretty much just Ikkaku lying around bleeding and getting lectured to, and then Renji begging him to be a captain.

So the episode was about 50% manga chapter and 50% filler.

i wouldn't even say 50%.....the only thing i remember is the scene with renji asking ikkaku to be a captain. Even with the other stuff you mentioned its like barely 5 min worth of material. The rest was all filler, and very well done at that. cudos to the bleach team.

Awesome user with default custom title NeoCybercoin's Avatar
    Well it was a nice ep. Is it still a filler if it gives a scene more info then it had in the manga that actually improves the story?

I wasn't as impressed as the rest of you with this episode. Good enough story, but the animation was lackluster, as was the background music. Ikkaku is an interesting character indeed, but the fights were boring and uninspired, as was the dialogue.

I don't think Ikkaku had bankai when he fought Ichigo. Regardless of any "limits" he puts on his fight (like not using bankai), he would not limit himself to the point of losing and almost dying. The flashback scene between Renji and Ikkaku occurs after the Aizen saga, so he could have obtained bankai somewhere in between, like Renji did.

I also didn't like how they wussified Renji.

Quote Originally Posted by Animeniax
    The flashback scene between Renji and Ikkaku occurs after the Aizen saga, so he could have obtained bankai somewhere in between, like Renji did.
    No, only part where Renji is trying to convince him to become Captain takes place after. All the scenes where he's training Renji, including the one where Renji first mentions his Bankai, took place before.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthEnder
    No, only part where Renji is trying to convince him to become Captain takes place after. All the scenes where he's training Renji, including the one where Renji first mentions his Bankai, took place before.
    Sorry, that's what I meant, the captain talk was after Aizen left. I forgot about the part where they talked about his bankai, which was before the Aizen saga. Still kind of weird that Ikkaku wouldn't go all out in his fight with Ichigo, even with his style. I think that's something of a plot hole on the filler writers' part, and they just ad-libbed when Ikkaku obtained Bankai without taking into account how easily Ichigo defeated him in the SS arc.

I wasn't as impressed as the rest of you with this episode.
    you said that about naruto too. if u dont like the series why dont you just stop watching it instead of whining so much about it.

This ep was great, i always enjoy seeing kenpachi, especially his backstory.

Sorry, that's what I meant, the captain talk was after Aizen left. I forgot about the part where they talked about his bankai, which was before the Aizen saga. Still kind of weird that Ikkaku wouldn't go all out in his fight with Ichigo, even with his style. I think that's something of a plot hole on the filler writers' part, and they just ad-libbed when Ikkaku obtained Bankai without taking into account how easily Ichigo defeated him in the SS arc.

He doesn't want anyone to know of his bankai, if he would have used it in soul society everyone would have known he obtained bankai. Besides that you are thinking to much and seem to find the negatives instead of the positives in every post you make it's sad really.

I was one of the few who defended fillers, so it's weird to be accused of trying to find faults with the regular series. However, most of this episode is filler anyway, but somehow everyone here likes it, even though a lot of the Bounto filler stuff was better. Kind of odd if you ask me.

Anyway, I want to love this series and Naruto, but they are making it damn hard. The animation is so poor and the colors are so washed out (is that just DB?), it's hard to watch, plus they're slaughtering out favorite characters and making them act out of character. It really sucks. I'd rather they stopped making the shows altogether until they get the finances and effort to do a good job.

So what you're saying is, he'd rather lose a fight to a ryoko and die than reveal his bankai? Sounds far-fetched to me. I think it's another plot hole by the filler writers. And you have to admit, the way they treated the Renji character was just shameful.

However, most of this episode is filler anyway, but somehow everyone here likes it, even though a lot of the Bounto filler stuff was better. Kind of odd if you ask me.
    This was one mostly filler material episode in the middle of the manga based story, and pretty well integrated and executed by any resonably measure. The Bounto arc was longer than a year of famine and had some really poorly executed parts and ideas.

Anyway, I want to love this series and Naruto, but they are making it damn hard. The animation is so poor and the colors are so washed out (is that just DB?), it's hard to watch
    Doesn't seem so bad to me. Nothing worse than I would expect from a long running series, certainly. If you want to ogle superb quality and production values, go fetch Kanon 2006 HDs somewhere, or something.

plus they're slaughtering out favorite characters and making them act out of character. It really sucks. I'd rather they stopped making the shows altogether until they get the finances and effort to do a good job.
    Slaughtering characters? Who? Renji? While it could have been bit of a stretch, it wasn't anywhere near slaughtering. We don't really know that part of Renji's past, how he was after Rukia got adopted into the noble family, and the horizon probably seemed to escape very far from his reach. He didn't have even Shikai, but still he was probably already desiring to get as strong as Byakuya.

And a good idea to halt making the show to get money... Oh, wait, they are animating now the main arc, so how exactly would stop making anything help them get money? I was under the illusion they must have episodes to deliver to the TV stations to fulfill their end of the bargain.

So what you're saying is, he'd rather lose a fight to a ryoko and die than reveal his bankai? Sounds far-fetched to me. I think it's another plot hole by the filler writers.
    Why not? He just said in this episodes all he wants is to die serving under Zaraki. Sure, he will want to die after having fought really hard, and he did that against Ichigo. He could have beaten Ichigo with his bankai, but what would have happened after that? Would he have been able to continue to serve under Kenpachi just like before? He probably would have had no way to know. So, beating Ichigo could have destroeyd his wish to die in Zaraki's squad.

Benevolent Dictator
    Blog Entries
    Ikkaku is a slow starter. He doesn't have particularly insane reiatsu like Kenpachi, but he does have Kenpachi's passion for a good fight.

What that means is that for the majority of his first fight with Ichigo, he was toying around, fighting below his peak, goading Ichigo on. Then when Ichi finally figured things out and got serious, his strength somewhat billowed up and crushed Ikkaku. But, if Ikkaku had given his opponent a slightly higher estimation, that might not have happened.

Ichigo didn't have an easy time with any of his fights in soul society. That's what made them exciting. If he just calmly demolished someone like Byakuya did to Ganju, it would be pretty dull. One-sided fights aren't particularly interesting.

I liked that they filled out his backstory. It's nice when a character you never had much regard for suddenly gets interesting. I also thought Renji was a bit too self-effacing in this, but it wasn't too much of a stretch. Both he and Rukia started out fairly weak as fighters, and it's not like Renji knew anyone in SS to start out with or really had anything to trade for lessons. He just had to ask for a favor.

I was wondering about the timing a little. Did they mean that both he and Kenpachi joined not long after SS was founded? That would make them pretty damn old.