Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Clannad TV

Clannad TV

From KyoAni and the same staff behind Kanon, Air and Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu

Clannad

Cast
    Mai Nakahara (Naminé @ KH2, Mai @ Mai-Hime/Otome) as Nagisa Furukawa
    Ai Nonaka (Konoe Konoka @ Negima) as Fuuko Ibuki
    Akemi Kanda (Kagurazaka Asuna @ Negima) as Ryou Fujibayashi
    Houko Kuwashima (Sai @ Angelic Layer, Minoru @ Chobits) as Tomoyo Sakagami
    Mamiko Noto (Toujou Aya @ Ichigo 100%, Miyazaki Nodoka @ Negima) as Kotomi Ichinose
    Ryou Hirohashi (Franca @ Coyote Ragtime Show, Anya @ Negima) as Kyou Fujibayashi

ANN
    Official Page

More info will be revelead March 20. Rumour states it will air in October 2007

I wonder what it is all about? That teaser video left me with more questions than answers! There seemed to be some small action in it as well, and it didn't exactly look like slapstick either, though I guess it's too early to really judge that.

The production values look pretty good for this anime. Also, did anyone notice the strange hiccup or shiver 1 or 2 of the characters had.

From Anidb:
    "Adaption of the renowned visual novel by Visual Art`s/Key.

Clannad is set in a high-school located in some Japanese town. Okazaki Tomoya is a third-year student who doesn`t take his studies seriously. Always late for class, he`s seen as a delinquent by the rest of his classmates who are busy preparing for their entrance examinations. Needless to say, he hasn`t too many close friends either.

Tomoya seems not to mind too - until one day he meets a girl, Furukawa Nagisa, who is left alone without friends on this school, because everybody she knew already graduated. What a clumsy girl, he thinks at first. But he can`t leave her alone and so, while helping her, he meets a few other girls from his school. Although he doesn`t care much about them at first, he soon opens his heart to them as they get to know each other better."

Seems like a bishoujo game to me.
    Last edited by animus; Fri, 03-16-2007 at 05:48 PM.

Yay for Kyoto Animation!! And wow, another Key-based anime. KA must really like Key, haha. I wonder how the fantasy is going to turn out in this series. It also seems like there is going to be more than one male leading character (finally, haha).

Awesome user with default custom title NeoCybercoin's Avatar
    It looks cool. If it is anything like Kanon it shall become my new favorite. When it comes out.

Clannad was a date-sim game when it came out for the first time. Just like Kanon, yet, unlike Kanon it wasn't an eroge (hentai game) at first. The eroge version came later, contrary to Kanon, where the all-ages version came up later.

Yes, this does look interesting, and I will probably be watching.

Anyways, Promo was just released :

Sprocket & TWH Promo (H.264 1280x720 MKV AC3)
    Last edited by Zati; Sun, 03-18-2007 at 01:18 AM.

Is it the same promo that was already at the end of the Kanon final?

It should be. It was announced that new info would be released until the 20th of March, and today is 18....

Episode 1 RAW

The raw of the first episode released.

This series will surely get a good subber. Or a few.

Edit: There seems to be a couple of subs out already. But both are SD/SQ (or is it LQ) and in 4:3 by Philanthropy-Sekai and Sprocket-TWH.

Well, I'm going to wait and see if anything resembling HQ (or even HD) in proper ratio will appear.
    Last edited by Kraco; Fri, 10-05-2007 at 06:28 AM.

I liked it, it was interesting and quite funny. The production values are also pretty high tbh. Though a lot of the girls just look so damn similiar. The main character is also extremely sarcastic, like Kyon which is a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Kraco
    This series will surely get a good subber. Or a few.

Edit: There seems to be a couple of subs out already. But both are SD/SQ (or is it LQ) and in 4:3 by Philanthropy-Sekai and Sprocket-TWH.

Well, I'm going to wait and see if anything resembling HQ (or even HD) in proper ratio will appear.
    Read people saying that Philanthropy version was crap and that Sprocket-TWH was better. Sprocket-TWH seemed to have said that they'll release a better version, WS h264, in about 3 weeks or so.

We have learned that one of the main broadcasters of Clannad, TBS (the Japanese terrestrial station), will be showing it in 4:3 pan-and-scan (or better known as “modified to fit your TV”). The real kicker is that BS-i, the station which broadcast AIR and Kanon, will show the widescreen version of the series after a three-week delay.

After some talk, we have decided that we will do a triple release of each episode:

An Xvid-only release of the 4:3 pan-and-scan version for those who Absolutely Positively Need Their Fix Right Now(R) . Then, three weeks later:
    An Xvid version of the widescreen version of the show for those who still have older systems.
    An H.264 version of the widescreen version of the show for those who want quality and have the computing horsepower and/or the software needed.
    We hope this will satisfy a broad cross-section of the audience who wishes to see Clannad once it starts airing. Though it is a bummer that we’ll only have the 4:3 at first for the first two weeks.

–IJ.
    I think I'll wait for the a.f.k. or Eclipse version to come out. But if you're going to download any of the releases that are out, seems like the TWH version is the one to go with.
    Last edited by Munsu; Fri, 10-05-2007 at 11:49 AM.

3 weeks for widescreen huh? I shall wait withouth seeing the 4:3 one... Clannad is worth it.

I would not expect too much out of the SS-Eclipse joint in terms of an HD widescreen version.
    Eclipse Productions || New show: Clannad - SD NOW, HD 16:9 IN NEVER
    Can we take it seriously? Are they just temporarily pissed off at leechers begging for it in the channel, not knowing it doesn't air for 3 weeks? I guess we will find out then.

I downloaded their SD version, and I'm really not sure what to think at this point. I find myself attaching to the side characters a lot more than the main cast. Inoue Kikuko is of course, fantastic as always. The only notable exception in the main cast was Kyou. She was the only one I found to spike my interest.

^ I agree. I thought Kyou was the most interesting character even though she only showed up for a few seconds.

I'll be the third to join the Kyou fan culb, but in al fairness she's the girl with the long blue hair, so of course she's going to be the best. That said I also liked the way Tomoyo defied all logic to lay the smack down on the bikers and the poor guy who thought he should challenger her.

Too bad Tomoya isn't voiced by Tomokazu Sugita...

This looked like a promising series. Hard to say yet what the bigger picture is going to be, but so far I've liked pretty much all the characters. Tomoya hasn't so far been too emo, and he actually has a reason to be as much as he has been. The Furukawa family is nicely weird as well, which is good if they are going to appear on screen frequently.

I have nothing to complain about, artistically or technically. Except the picture ratio. During the very first seconds you could already imagine how much was lost of the picture. Sucks ass.

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    First impressions of the show are pretty good. Though I'd like to know if the Furukawa girl and the twins are all in senior high. Furukawa agreed that she had to repeat, so it only makes sense that she's alone if she's repeating the highest grade. Also, both twins (forgot names, one's Kyou) looked rather different in age, though the fortune telling one is in Okazaki's class, making them both seniors.

Lol @ the spectator view and Ethanol moments
    Last edited by Buffalobiian; Sun, 10-07-2007 at 08:06 AM.