Quote Originally Posted by saman
KitKat, the reason i'm jealous is because i've been knitting on and off for as long as i can remember, and you're still better than me :S
Ridiculous! I may be more adventurous in the patterns I try, but my tension always changes as I knit, and my cast ons and bind offs are wretchedly terrible, being either way too tight or too loose. I'm willing to bet that if you knit one of the same patterns as me, yours would look fantastic. Two-colour projects merely look impressive, when in reality they're just plain stocking stitch.

i've never really tried any formal patterns though, just simple things like scarves and such. i do know about the knitting pattern central website, but i'll definitely have to check out the others you mentioned, especially knittinghelp.com. thanks!
Yeah, following actual patterns that people have written out really clearly is so awesome. They do all the work of figuring out what stitches go where, and how to make it look good, and all you have to do is knit according to directions. I love that there's a lot less old-lady-ish patterns on the web these days and more things that I'd actually wear.

also, do you crochet at all? because since you like knitting so much, you might like crochetting too
I've been wanting to learn, but haven't gotten around to it. My mom crochets a lot, and I might get her to teach me at some point. I remember the one and only time I tried crocheting was when I was about 7 years old, and I tried to make just a rectangle, but it turned out looking like a mouse. It was the most deformed rectangle you could possibly imagine. I never did any crocheting after that.

@ Kraco: A weekend usually means about 5-7 hours of knitting each day, since there's a lot more free time (or anime time) whereas on weeknights I may only have an hour or so to knit.