Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Bleach 118

Quote Originally Posted by DB_Hunter
    Yea I would agree with Kraco on this one. I think you guys are right in your reasoning to say Zaraki's zanpaktou is in Shikai, but he doesn't know how to use it. It's just another blade to him. So. technically, he is and he is not in Shikai.
    Well... isn't Ichigo in a permanent Shikai as well? And he didn't knew the Zanpaktou's had life before he trained with Urahara.

a fountain pourin' like an avalanche, comin' down the mountain
    Yes, it was established pretty early on that Ichigo's Zanpaktou is always in its Shikai release.

I've been troubling over the words of the manga prophets, about paying more attention to Yumichika's words... The first thing I noticed was that he didn't order a spacial freeze for himself, only for every other Shinigami.

Second thing is his saying Ikkaku would be satisfied if he died in battle. I'm not sure if he's saying Ikkaku plans on dying or what. Those words didn't strike me as anything special, since that's essentially what the definition of fearless is anyway.

Finally, the "please start preparations for Madarame Ikkaku's military funeral." This comes after Eduardo uses Volcanica for the first time, landing a solid hit on Ikkaku with it. To which, Asano asks, "Military funeral? You mean he's going to die?" And, at this, Yumichika shows marked surprise.

The surprise is what caught my attention. At first I thought Yumichika's emotions caught up to him, after he professionally observed and reported that he thought Ikkaku was going to die. Obviously Ikkaku is the person closest to him, and it makes sense he'd get upset at the idea of him dying, especially since he "must not help him".

But that doesn't quite make sense with his original statements, about Ikkaku's being satisfied if he's KIA. Doesn't mean Yumichika would be satisfied, but he values Ikkaku's honor greatly and would seemingly rather let him die than take that away. Or, perhaps he thought that, but upon Asano's words he had second thoughts...

But it was strange, because we still don't know what death for a Shinigami exactly entails. The whole "Ichigo is a reincarnation of Kaien" theory goes for the idea that reincarnation is what will happen. If this is the case (which it may not be) why would Yumichika get upset at the thought of Ikkaku dying in the first place?

"Military funeral" I don't know the custom in Japan for such matters (would almost have to be WWII era stuff...) but I was wondering if Ikkaku's violating orders would be grounds to have him executed. He may be breaking the rules by using his Bankai, or exceeding the allowed power level, and Yumichika intends to bring him to justice for this. They both have great pride, and Yumi, seeing that his friend is surely going to break the rules, won't interfere (again, the "must not help"), but will make him meet the consequences afterwards. This idea is supported by Ikkaku worrying about the other Shinigami seeing him use his Bankai. However, this theory starkly opposes my other one that the two are actually lovers.

edit -2500th post

Humans are different from animals. We must die for a reason. Now is the time for us to regulate ourselves and reclaim our dignity. The one who holds endless potential and displays his strength and kindness to the world. Only mankind has God, a power that allows us to go above and beyond what we are now, a God that we call "possibility".

Well, remember that Yumi apparently gave up the third seat because Ikkaku was his friend (best friend?), so even if he dies with honor, there's plenty of reason for Yumi to feel upset if he were to die. And you probably hit the jackpot, he can't help him so at the moment he probably feels helpless.
    And I don't think Yumi thought Ikkaku would use his bankai, so when he asked for the funeral he probably thought that Ikkaku would be killed by the arrancar. I don't think Ikkaku would tell Edorad to not tell anyone he can do bankai if he plans to die. Now, I don't know about the repercussions of him keeping his bankai silent, then coming to the real world and using it, and the important part is that his power is probably not restricted since he's not a Captain or Vice-Captain so he might be doing some real damage to the souls that sorround him.
    Asano showed a bit of reiatsu power earlier, I wonder what's going to happen after being arround a bankai Ikkaku.

And speaking of power restrictions, do you guys think Ichigo has been restricted since he's at the captain level? We know he has no real affiliation to soul society, but they might have done something to him while in SS. I myself think that he's not restricted, but I guess we'll have to wait and see if he's restricted or not.
    Last edited by Munsu; Fri, 03-09-2007 at 11:28 AM.

Ichigo was not always at Shikai. Remeber when he first got his Zanpaktou? It just looked some big ass meat cleaver. When he was training with Kisuke he was only left with the handle of his zanpaktou. Due to it being cut off first by Byakuya and then by Kisuke himself. He then went in to Zangetsu's world, where Zangetsu told Ichigo his name and then Ichigo was able to resume fighting again.

@Masa: Ichigo is a reincarnation of Kaien? Who is Kaien?

Kaien, the Rukia's shinigami senpai that she killed because he was turning into a hollow.

Ichigo needed to know the name to go into Shikai, but Zaraki's reiatsu is so strong and powerful that it kinda forced the always released form, he didn't need the soul cutters name.

Kenpachi's sword shows no sign of being in Shikai. It looks like a normal katana beat to crap. They said it looks beat to crap because he doesn't know its name and abuses it uncaringly.

I'm pretty sure that Zaraki mentioned that his sword is in it's true form, and that's it's not sealed and that it can never be sealed because of his strong reiatsu. Hence why the release state of his sould cutter is forced. There are a lot of interprations of what's meant, but the general concensus is that it is in a permanent released state.

I don't remember him saying any of those things.

The other thing that I noticed interesting in this episode was the way the Arrancar's mask dissapeared when he used his shikai.

I'm wondering, since all the arrancar only have partial masks, if their zanpaktous are actually made from their masks, and when they use their shikais, it uses up the rest of the mask.

So by that logic, what be left to use if they used Bankai? Or can they not use Bankai?

That is a question I asked myself, too. For now I'd say arrancars don't have a bankai or something similar - actually they don't have a real shikai either:
    Edorad stated that the zanpakutou of an arrancar is the core of their power and once released they reach their full power and take on their true forms. He also said that arrancars zanpakutous are the opposite of a shinigami's sword (whatever that means, I don't understand it...), therefore you probably cannot compare the release of an arrancars sword with the shikai of a shinigami.
    And if they are in their true form after the release there shouldn't be a higher powerlevel for them after that - so no bankai or such a thing. Maybe...

Wow his bankai looks like kratos off of God Of War

Quote Originally Posted by StillAlive
    That is a question I asked myself, too. For now I'd say arrancars don't have a bankai or something similar - actually they don't have a real shikai either:
    Edorad stated that the zanpakutou of an arrancar is the core of their power and once released they reach their full power and take on their true forms. He also said that arrancars zanpakutous are the opposite of a shinigami's sword (whatever that means, I don't understand it...), therefore you probably cannot compare the release of an arrancars sword with the shikai of a shinigami.
    And if they are in their true form after the release there shouldn't be a higher powerlevel for them after that - so no bankai or such a thing. Maybe...
    Finally someone who got his/her head around it. From what Edorad said, "this is my TRUE form," as in his true arrancar state. As much as king fisher's true arrancar state (no matter how pitiful) was the one Isshin killed. The arrancar wont be bankai - ing anytime soon, or never. They are opposites to shinigami and so when they release their swords, they become their true power, unlike shinigami who release their sword to bring out the power of their blades, not of their own.

Quote Originally Posted by dark maginn
    Wow his bankai looks like kratos off of God Of War
    Hahaha, thats a pretty intersting comparison ... only if Ikkaku was a wee bit buffer

Perhaps best episode ever

Just finished watching it.....

AAAHHHHHHH IKKAKU!!!!!!!!! He is soooo amazing!!!!!!! Ok I'll stop my fan girl moment now. Wow. He got bankai! Cant wait for next week!!!!!! I hope pretty boy Yumichika got his bankai too. Now, I really cant wait for more fights scenes and surprises!!!!

The animation of this episode was off the fucking charts.....just wow....

If they can make the rest of the eps as good as this one then I will be a happy man

when we saw the past of zaraki... when he killed the little girl's parents... he had his sword... but if i remember clearly he didnt had shinigami's cloth... so when he said that his sword was in his true form... i though that his sword is not even a zanpaktou... just a beat up katana... cuz he already had it before he was a shinigami... i dont know... i need to rewatch those chaps...

" I didn't wanna use it in a place like this, watch closely, but don't tell anyone ... "

Ikkaku, just can't die ...
    Or legion of fans will come and chop the scenarist's head off

" Don't bullshit me ... decide if it's impressive or not after your dead ! "

At first I thought they really were going to kill off Ikkaku, now I'm not so sure. To say the very least, he will probably win but get the crap beaten out of him first. The animation in this episode is absolutely stunning! I'm really wondering how the battle between Shawlong and Hitsugaya will go.
    Last edited by Sasori; Sun, 03-11-2007 at 08:09 PM.

Special thanks to Lucifus for this fine sig and avatar!