Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bleach 118

Quote Originally Posted by Kensee
    I wouldn't be surprised if he could, he seem to know of Ikkaku's bankai and probably has one of his own that he keeps hidden.

Well... Yumichika's Shikai is also -secret-. Remeber how he defeated Isagi with it during the Soul Society arc. And Isagi is a Vice-Captain.

Awesome user with default custom title RedX1z's Avatar
    i've been thinking about it, and came up with only one conclusion. he didn't release his bankai form until now, because if everyone in soul society knew he had a bankai, he'd probably get recommendations to try out for the captain slot, but probably didn't want to, because he wanted to be loyal and stay near his captain. as weird and random that may sound.

anyways, the episode was pretty awesome. the concentration on the fight and the fight itself was crazily done. ikkaku has one huge ass bankai, though.

as for next weeks episode, it looks like a flash back which i'm not fond of, but then again, i'm probably wrong and looked at it the wrong way.
    Signature by Lucifus

She knows what you did last summer..

------------私はコピーX 及びSimca が空を征服することを信じる------------

Awesome user with default custom title itadakimasu's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kensee
    Rukia pulled a Sakura ^.^

Haha, I can see what you mean by the flashbacks foreshadowing something, I hope this is just a flash back when the battle ends, Baldy just rocks =(.

Grimmjow just seems crazy, I wonder how Ichigo will respond, or if he'll go berserk after seeing Rukia get taken down.

Ikkaku wins best poses (really, the animation was pretty good):

Edit: PICTURE SPOILERS AHEAD! (though if you read every post up until now, you already got spoiled =P):

Here goes:

Sexy

Bad-assed

Crazy

Epic
    Hehe, i really enjoyed this episode; especially when ikkaku landed on one of volcanicas arms and was cutting through it, had me so pumped. Although, now im wondering how many more episodes / weeks will it be until we see ichigo fighting w\ grimmjow... the preview at end of the ep made it look like next weeks will be a continuation of the ikkaku fight and then after that they may be showing renji or toushiro fighting.

BANKAI !! !!

Missing Nin
    This episode was great easily my favorite post filler episode. I can't help but be excited about the rest of the battles in this Arc now.Ikkaku needs to get used more he is certainly one of the most flavorful characters and would be a welcome change over many that we have to see over and over due to popularity.

great ep, but im suprised nobody really paid attention to what yumichika said *wink* *wink*
    -----------------

Quote Originally Posted by darkshadow
    great ep, but im suprised nobody really paid attention to what yumichika said *wink* *wink*
    I agree. However I don't dare to comment on them in fear of spoiling since I've read the manga. Anyway this fight was just awesome to see animated, and I really liked the way they animated the Arrancar release, and made Ikkaku (if possible) even more badass than Kenpachi.

Quote Originally Posted by JaySee
    Actually it said 2nd strongest man. Man isn't necessarily a reference to sex, but I guess it could be. Can someone who understands Japanese elaborate if he said "person" or specifically a male?
    He said otoko, which is means "male".

WOW what an episode and for a person who doesn't read the MANGA that Bankai was one hell of a surprise! It was just so bad ass words just couldn't express the smiles on my face!

I really hope he makes it though because after pumping us up so much you would hate to see a character like that die after just showing off his bankai!
    _

Quote Originally Posted by RedX1z
    i've been thinking about it, and came up with only one conclusion. he didn't release his bankai form until now, because if everyone in soul society knew he had a bankai, he'd probably get recommendations to try out for the captain slot, but probably didn't want to, because he wanted to be loyal and stay near his captain. as weird and random that may sound..
    This is exactly what I was thinking. If SS knew he had Bankai, they'd try and make him a Captain or Vice-Captain of some other squad. And it's obvious he'd rather stay in Kenpachi's squad. I'm not sure if it's out of loyalty or not, or if he just likes being in the psychotic fighter squad.

Wow what a badass ep. Totally in another league to fillers and probably one of the best non-filler eps too. I think this ep single handedly propels Bleach to the top of the anime battle between Bleach and Naruto for the moment.

I liked the way the fights wern't mixed/spliced together. It makes the action much more consistent and enjoyable this way. I think when the mixing method was used in Naruto just now with the Gaara fight and the Kakashi scenario spoilt things a bit.

Man Ikkaku's has officially become an insane cool dude, It would be interesting to know when he attained bankai, as for reasons already mentioned in this thread.

As impressive as his Bankai looks, one of the first things I thought was what the hell is Zaraki Kenpachi's release going to be like if he does it? I kind of thought that Zaraki was permanantly in Shikai like Ichigo, but come to think about it Ichigo only got to Shikai when he found out the name of his zanpaktou. So basically, damn.... Zaraki has yet to show even his Shikai yet, forget Bankai. Apart from Ichigo and with his potential, I think Zaraki is definitely a candidate for kicking Aizen's ass if he manages to release his zanpaktou.

I HATE TO BE CONTINUEDS!! Holy Cow. I loved it in every aspect of the word. I am sitting here screaming "Say it Say it you Dumb *Cough*, Say BANKAI." Just on a complete new level compaired to the *cough*Bounto*Cough*.

Aye, it was a great episode indeed. I had never paid so much attention to Ikkaku, other than thinking he was a good embodiment of the fighting Zaraki squad in general. But this episode certainly made him a lot more interesting and badass.

But poor Rukia. She had only just recovered from her severe ordeals, and now she gets wounded right away again. I wonder if she can even stay conscious long enough to watch Ichigo switch to berserk mode to beat the offender.

My two cents

OMG this episode was amazing!

Quote Originally Posted by masamuneehs
    Arrancars' having releases didn't seem likely to me at first, since I originally understood Shikai and Bankai as drawing upon the power of the Zanpaktou to aid the fighter. But it seems that there is no Zanpaktou-spirit-type entity connected with the Hollow's Zanpaktou's. Like Edmundo (sp?) said, they're more like limiters that let the Arrancar go to full power when released.
    not exactly true, if i remember correctly the zampakto is forged from the wielders soul, and is a manifestation of the souls desire to cut (zaraki mentioned some thing to this effect in his fight with ichigo, as well as byakuya in thier first fight when he cut ichigo's sword in half). the zampakto is part of the soul of the wielder and reflects the will of the wielder, a release of a zampakto is obtained by understanding your soul better. the closer you come to understanding/accepting your soul the more power you release from within your self. as ichigo said, the only person who can teach him to use zangetsu is zangetsu.
    so if you belive what i've said so far, then the difference in a shinigami's zampakto and a arancar zampakto is moot. both are manifestations of the wielders souls, the manifestations differ, i think, because of the difference in souls of the arancar and shinigami, or really just the difference in souls of any two individuals.
    i also believe it too early to say that there is no spirit-type entity for arancar, the fact that his zampakto has a name(volcania - *sounds like a chick to me*) implies an entity.
    - my two cents on that issue
    (sorry about the mystical-mumbo-jumbo post, as always feel free to disagree.)

Madarame Ikaku ROCKS! his bankai looks weird (mainly cause i can't figure out where that 3rd blade floating behind him is attached to). makes you think though, if ikaku has bankai, and he is 3rd seat, how powerful is yachiru? zaraki doesn't seem like the kind of guy that would have yachiru as his lieutenant just cause they been together for long, i mean zaraki respects strength. yachiru is probably kiduo based, but she must be hella strong if ikaku can't beat her.
    3. i'm really starting to dig yamichika(sp?), he seems pretty cool and he wasn't supprised by ikaku's bankai, seems he already knew about it. i look forward to seeing him fight, (if you guys remember he owned that lieutenant with the tatoo on his arm, although they didn't show much of that fight. (can't remember his name, he's the dog faced captatins lieutenant ).

sorry about the long post, this episode was so amazing, i feel like going out onto the street and telling random people all about it

Niiiiiiiiiice. I thought that Ikkaku was one of those all talk, no real power to back it up characters, so I was pretty surprised when he suddenly pulled THAT out of nowhere.

Now why do I feel suddenly feel kinship with Kanako Ohno?

Awesome user with default custom title darkmetal505's Avatar
    Excellent. Everything was done perfectly.

Only one thing: do Shinigami have the ability to fly in the real world?

They don't fly. They walk on air.

As impressive as his Bankai looks, one of the first things I thought was what the hell is Zaraki Kenpachi's release going to be like if he does it? I kind of thought that Zaraki was permanantly in Shikai like Ichigo, but come to think about it Ichigo only got to Shikai when he found out the name of his zanpaktou. So basically, damn.... Zaraki has yet to show even his Shikai yet, forget Bankai. Apart from Ichigo and with his potential, I think Zaraki is definitely a candidate for kicking Aizen's ass if he manages to release his zanpaktou.
    I believe Kenpachi's zanpaktou is already in Shikai mode. He basically told ichigo that he couldn't find a way to seal his Zanpaktou into its first form, because he had to much power. So he's by default, already using shikai.

agree.

kempachi's zampako is already in shikai, you can tell by the look also. unreleased zampakto's look like a normal katana, zaraki's zampakto has a different graphic.

Even if it is in the released form all the time, it seems to matter little. Kind of like Ichigo used to be without that energy blast. Obviously Kenpachi doesn't know what to do with his zanpakutou other than simply hit and cut objects with it. Well, he doesn't know the name, so that goes withhout saying, of course.

Yea I would agree with Kraco on this one. I think you guys are right in your reasoning to say Zaraki's zanpaktou is in Shikai, but he doesn't know how to use it. It's just another blade to him. So. technically, he is and he is not in Shikai.