Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Manga: Unbalance X Unbalance

Manga: Unbalance X Unbalance

First off, this has nothing to do with Hunter X Hunter. Anyways, I just started reading this manhwa, and read all 4 volumes released in one sitting. I really recommend you guys to get this as fast as you can as I'm sure many of you will like it. Lot's of good drama, most are more mature than what's usually seen in this type of genre. Some cool characters, hot females, and lots of ecchi for you people that like that sort of thing. But the main part is that the story is really good in my opinion, so give it a try. There's even a bit of fighting in the 4th volume.

Also, I haven't read many korean school life series, so it's nice to see the cultural differences, the values and how strict some of the teachers and parents can be and still be acceptable by society, given that's fairly true in real life too. Still interesting...

A young man finds and returns a lost wallet and cell phone to a beautiful young lady, thus begins the destined relationship between two strangers. Sound typical? Well then, how about making the young lady the young man’s future homeroom teacher, and give them both a twisted sense of right and wrong. And just for kicks, let’s have the young man help himself to a self proclaimed reward from the lost wallet before returning it… but of course, this scenario wouldn’t be complete unless the young lady was very unforgiving when it came to teaching one of her students a lesson on morals.
    Last edited by Munsu; Thu, 03-01-2007 at 11:44 PM.

Ah, this manhwa. Kinda confused me at first since it's left to right...The story's pretty good and it gets VERY interesting later with the secondary characters. And as an addition, Korean Manga Translations scanlates this.

http://www.mangaupdates.com/groups.html?id=21

Yeah, all scanlation groups should say in the first page the direction you should read from ex., left to right. And the story does get better as it goes along. At the beginning it seemed like the usual school life comedy series, but a couple of chapters/volumes in the story really picks up and the drama increases substancially.

I'm up to chapter 32 at the moment:

I was really hoping Jin-Ho would break that other dudes face, right then and there. Especially since all the classmates think he's a wuss, and all talk and no action. Everyone there is due for a reality check, and I want to see how badass Jin-Ho can be. I bet the story will make him hold back which will piss me off eternally, but I still have a little bit of hope.

Chapter 33 is out, and it was cool chapter.. prelude to a cat fight. Also the color pages look great.

http://www.mangatraders.com/files/ma...ce_x_unbalance

Yeah, this is a good manga, and I hope more people start reading it.

It just keeps getting better and better.

From this chapter I can see a couple of things happening, Jin-Ho will save her now, or will find her all beaten up on the ground, and then go on his revenge quest.

Finally chapter 34 is out...

Spoilers for the chapter:

Man, I loved this chapter... Jin-Ho goes totally nuts, breaking the chick's face an all. Looks like next chapter Jin-Ho and Hee-Chul are going to go at it. So "what kind of bastard" is Jin-Ho, I hope he goes crazy breaking legs and shit.

34 is out? mangaupdates and kmts's site doesn't have it up yet, hrm. Or is this your april fool's joke?!
    Last edited by animus; Sun, 04-01-2007 at 07:49 AM.

Go to their IRC channel to get it.

#k-manga @ irc.irchighway.net

Mmm, thank you sir.

The chapter 35 is their April fools joke for UxU. It's just chapter 33 again.

As for 34, Jin Ho is a complete psycho, but he is kind of right about what he said. Just because girls are girls, is it right to give them a double standard and make them immune to any kind of retaliation unless it is amongst themselves?

Not that I advocate hitting women. 9.9 times out of 10 it is morally wrong.

This is supposed to be an equal society afterall. I personally kinda agree with him. We have feminists fighting to be equal as men, to wear the same collars as them, work the same jobs. But when it comes down to it, they get the shit beat out of them and they go "You hit a girl!". They always pull that card when it doesn't suit them. They hightail it when the girl card helps them, equal rights my ass. Serves her right.

I'm surprised the chick was still standing... Jin-Ho must've been holding back plenty.

I want to see Ji-Soo's reaction after all of this is done, since she thinks Jin-Ho is all talk and a coward.

Awesome chapter, Jin Ho is going crazy, can't wait for the next chapter, we should get to see the showdown and see how good he is.

Quote Originally Posted by Munsu
    I'm surprised the chick was still standing... Jin-Ho must've been holding back plenty.

I want to see Ji-Soo's reaction after all of this is done, since she thinks Jin-Ho is all talk and a coward.
    Ji-Soo's that crazy lesbian chick that likes the teacher right? If so, she wouldn't care. She hates the delinquent part of him. Rather yet, she just hates him so much just because he's a guy and he receives attention from the teacher.

Ji-Soo is the class president, the one who's in love with Jin-Ho and is currently being bullied.

Quote Originally Posted by animus
    Ji-Soo's that crazy lesbian chick that likes the teacher right? If so, she wouldn't care.
    You're thinking of Ami. It takes a while to get used to Korean names. At first they all sound the same.

This thread might help you.

Yea, I get them all mixed up. I thought Hee-chul or w/e was Jin Ho's best friend. Ugh.

I had to go read past chapters to make sure I was using the correct names... I love all the manhwas I've read, but damnit the Korean names suck ass.

Chapter 35 is out, getting the chapter from the IRC channel is fun to.

Well I wont say much about the chapter but I wanted more.

I got pretty much what I wanted out of it. Hee-Chul, who swiftly kicked Young-Gi's ass before, was dumped on his ass my only one of Jin-Ho's punches. It showed two things, a) Young Gi's shock out how strong Jin-Ho is proved that Jin-Ho had been holding back all the times they fought because they are friends, and b) Jin-Ho is a monster when it comes to fighting.

I loved the pissed look on Hae Young's face when she showed up in the very last panel. Such an evil look for Sunsengnim...