View Poll Results: Bring back movies and TV?

Voters
52. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes! That'd be awesome!

43 82.69%
  • No! It fits in general just fine.

2 3.85%
  • Don't care, unless there's liquor involved.

7 13.46%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Poll: Movies and TV Shows

Poll: Movies and TV Shows

A while ago we used to have a forum section for Movies and TV Shows, wondering if we could have that forum section recreated. I remember that forum being having good activity, and was taken off for whatever reason. Heck, we have that useless Fansubbing forum section, I think a Movies and TV Shows one has more validity for existance.

Heck, we also had a Gaming (though it didn't have that much activity as far as I remember) forum section, maybe we can combine the three, and make a forum section for Gaming, Movies, and TV Shows.

I could actually fully support this one. If you have a look at the General Discussion, it has quite a few multi page threads about TV shows. Certainly should be enough to warrant their own section. That way they would also be kept more readily available for those who like to visit them, and not cluttered around the page by other general discussion topics.

Now, I'm not generally any great supported of separate sections for every little thing, but this particular case could be a legitimate rearrangement.

ya, i wouldn't mind seeing teh moves/tv section back.

Benevolent Dictator
    Blog Entries
    Added a poll. Bring me ... I dunno, let's say 30 or so "yes" votes and a majority of "yes" over "no" and I'll do it.

If there's really a significant enough demand for this, then I'll do it. If you fall short of my arbitrarily-chosen 30, then I won't care enough to bother .

You've got 10 days. The clock's ticking. Get cracking.

You had to give a third option to make it harder didn't you? Well, as of this moment, I declare that people that vote "Don't care" are considered "Yes!" votes.

Plus, you added that liquor comment, now people are going to be seduced by the alcohol.

Awesome user with default custom title XanBcoo's Avatar
    I really enjoyed having a separate forum for Movies and TV shows. The General Discussion section has felt extremely cluttered ever since.

Voted "yes".

<@Terra> he told me this, "man actually meeting terra is so fucking big", and he started crying. Then he bought me hot dogs

Benevolent Dictator
    Blog Entries
    hey, I'm the only one who's voted for "don't care" so far. And I'm counting them as abstentions .

I'm always one for more organization, even if I never really delve into the "TV and Movie" themed threads (other than Dexter once or twice). If there is a different section for it, perhaps it will also provoke people to more discussion. It might also encourage discussion of j-dramas and k-dramas (not that I watch any, but some people here surely do).

I think a separate forum section for TV and Movies would be a good addition to the forums. Iam a sucker for organization, so not seeing countless TV/Movie threads littered all over the general discussion section would be great.

"Chrono is our Religion. In the name of the Chrono, the Zeal, the Trigger and Cross, Amen."

Yes........please..

Awesome user with default custom title RedX1z's Avatar
    these are one of those things where the liquor comment comes second to the main goal of this thread. this is something i actually want to see go through. i understand gaming not having it's own section, because it easily dies out after a while. least people will come back to tv shows like once a week or so.

so, basically, i voted yeah!

Quote Originally Posted by complich8
    You've got 10 days. The clock's ticking. Get cracking.
    talk about generousity, we'll make you regret giving us that much time, and your liquor option! *revotes for liquor*
    Last edited by RedX1z; Mon, 02-12-2007 at 10:39 AM.
    Signature by Lucifus

She knows what you did last summer..

------------私はコピーX 及びSimca が空を征服することを信じる------------

Quote Originally Posted by RedX1z
    talk about generousity, we'll make you regret giving us that much time, ...
    I don't know... Complich is a master of statistics. If his own opinion is against this (secretly), then it could be he has carefully calculated the odds are against "aye" in the given time and with the treshold he set. However, if he really doesn't care, like he said, then it could be a fair race.

Benevolent Dictator
    Blog Entries
    Nah, I'm calculating, but I'm not that calculating.

Way I figure it, there's about 90-100 regular posters on the forums, and about 60 of them wander through general discussion on a regular basis (very rough estimate based on the turnout of the df-title poll). If you get 30, then you've got support from a big chunk of active users.

I picked 10 days because I figured, it'd give everyone a bit more than a week, which should give them all a chance to see the latest TV/movie discussion. A fair chance, and a balance between being relatively prompt about taking (or not taking) action and giving people the opportunity to vote. I felt that 2 weeks was too long, and a week is shorter than the regular viewing cycle so too short.

Honestly, I haven't run the statistics, so I don't know how well you guys are going to do, but at 12-1-1, it seems like you're off to a good start. Good luck!

Basically, my motivation for the poll and the relatively high bar is that I want to have firm grounds to refute ciber when he next shows up and bitches about it and changes it back ... which I figure we're due for in about 3 or 4 months.

Lasers? Cookies? FTW!
    (universally beloved
    moderator ex-emerita)
    I tried my best to convince Ciber to bring this one and the video game sections back when he scrapped them, but alas he was unmovable. TV and Movies get more discussion than some of our anime sections at the moment. I very much would like to see this back.

Voted yes.

It will be much more organized in the General Discussion with the movie and TV shows threads removed from there and have their own section.

I've moved this to the general discussion section cuz,

1. more people tend to visit this section then the GW Suggestions section, and
    2. cuz i haven't had a lot to do in terms of mod'ing lately, and i wanna feel important >.>
    Last edited by Assassin; Tue, 02-13-2007 at 01:23 AM.

That place over there........ahh never mind
    I said yes. I like movies and I like tv. The perfect combo.

R.I.P Captain America.

I remember us having a Movies and TV Shows section, though I don't remember what the activity was like there.

For the record, I voted Yes.

Awesome user with default custom title XanBcoo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by complich8
    Basically, my motivation for the poll and the relatively high bar is that I want to have firm grounds to refute ciber when he next shows up and bitches about it and changes it back ... which I figure we're due for in about 3 or 4 months.
    I remember when that happened the first time. What kind of work does having a separate section for TV and movies entail? Is it really that much of a problem? Pretty much everyone in this thread (both regulars and mods) has agreed that it would receive adequate sub-forum traffic and keep the General Discussion more organized. What's the deal with not having one?

<@Terra> he told me this, "man actually meeting terra is so fucking big", and he started crying. Then he bought me hot dogs

I voted the 3rd option cause I love alcohol but if all 3 options had alcohol then I would vote Yes, as well.