Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bleach 114

Hey, not bad for half an ep. First thing I noticed was, yeah the animation has improved light years from only a few episodes ago. Most of my opinion on the spit/sweat thing has been said, but if it continues it will be disappointing. The fight was ok, ok only because, well, it was short, and didn't do much. But hey, a fight is a fight, right?

(Aside: Does anyone else kind of want Ichigo to let the hollow side of him loose, and then go on a bad-ass murdering rampage one time? I think that might make for a decent filler arc, but whatev.) Hells yes for Benihime and Uruhara though, that has to be one of my new fav. zanpakutos. I think also I heard some new music? It's about time

Afterwards though, except for the rest of the team showing up, more than half this episode was time wasting filler. Even using the excuse to keep from having to do another filler arc in a few months, it is incredibly unpleasant to have half an ep. be really good, and then shoot to Yoruichi eating everything she can get her hands on.

RIP Bonnie-chan (2004-2007)

Quote Originally Posted by Budweineken
    Of course, they could've probably gotten an older character to come in as a substitute teacher if that was their reasoning, but who knows.
    Why is the first name I thought of: Zaraki Kenpachi

Great episode, besides the eating-marathon..that was really too long
    I just don't understand that Ichigo doesn't go to Urahara to talk about his Hollow-probs.. since Urahara was there when he almost became one.. but I guess it's up to daddy to solve this

And I just hope that they'll explain how Karin knew about the term 'Shinigami'..something she picked up when Rukia was still around?

That place over there........ahh never mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Q-BeRt
    The eating scene was just fucking dumb. They've been doing things like this to take up time in each episode now, and it's getting really annoying. Here's how it looked in the manga:

Yeah seriously that was almost as stupid as that 20 second pause between words for Chad when he was explaining that he found the bird.

But anyway way to go censors, you show the cutting of yami's arm but you don't show Orihime drenched in blood:

I should probably go kill the censors now for depriving me of gore.

R.I.P Captain America.

Quote Originally Posted by eat_toast

(Aside: Does anyone else kind of want Ichigo to let the hollow side of him loose, and then go on a bad-ass murdering rampage one time? I think that might make for a decent filler arc, but whatev.)
    I know all I was saying when Ichigo's hollow side spoke up was "dooo iiit, DO IT, DO IT!"

That would make for an interesting tid-bit, depending on what would come of letting that happen.
    I do my killin' after breakfast.

Quote Originally Posted by Knives122
    But anyway way to go censors, you show the cutting of yami's arm but you don't show Orihime drenched in blood:
    Why is all the blood in Bleach black now? Does the color red affect kids that much? Anyway, they left out this part too:

Yeah, there was more than one way over-extended scene in that episode.
    Also: ha ha, he ate his pet boar.

Regarding filler activity. I'm just going to say, DBZ did it right. They drew out the fights instead of the well food eating with no dialogue. I mean come on, are they unable to put in some original dialogue. Oh wait maybe they have realized that their script writers such ass so nothing is better than their putrid pieces of shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Animeniax
    I wonder why they sent that particular group of Shinigami. If the Arrancar are that serious a threat, why not send some higher level fighters? Did they just pick 5 of the more popular characters, or is this from the manga?
    Well, they definitely aren't Soul Societies light hitters.

Hitsugaya is obviously pretty freaking strong, a captain, with a sweet bankai, and the strongest ice zanpakuto.

Renji is practically at captain level at this point, he just needs more training with his bankai.

Ikakku, well, a 3rd seat officer in 11th squad is probably above some of the squads lieutenant positions. Read the wiki on him for a spoiler if ya want.

Yumichika, as we've already seen, is not to be underestimated, with his zanpakuto's ability that he keeps secret.

Matsumotohas also proved a potent fighter when she defeated Kira.

The reason they only sent one captain is probably because they don't want to take away from the forces protecting Soul Society.
    Last edited by Necromas; Thu, 02-08-2007 at 08:03 PM.

Awesome user with default custom title darkmetal505's Avatar
    Was it just me, or was one of Yourichi's breasts in the eating scene larger than the other?

The spit/perspiration flying everywhere was just awkward. It was something you could play slow-mo in your head. I loved Orihime getting bitch slapped.

so now we know that urahara and yourichi are two the of the people that they were looking out for since they seemed pretty up to date on them and their abilities. but, who's the third person that would be able to beat them? it can't be ichigo because they seemed pretty willing to take him on. urahara was pretty bad ass in the limited action that he got. i wonder how many more arrancars are out there. there must be quite a few if they sent reinforcements to help battle them. i wonder if the quincy's are going to play a role in this arc. they left them out of this episode and i didn't seem them in the preview for the next episode either.

Obviously Ichigo is the third since they said "Orange hair.. Black bankai.. He's the one."

Quote Originally Posted by darkmetal505
    Was it just me, or was one of Yourichi's breasts in the eating scene larger than the other?

The spit/perspiration flying everywhere was just awkward. It was something you could play slow-mo in your head. I loved Orihime getting bitch slapped.
    Yeah wtf her left tit is like 2/3 the size of her right.

By the way, Yoruichi kicking Yami's ass was hilarious.

I wanted Ichigo to go into Viazard mode to scare the shit outta Yami but this conclusion was also good.

LaZie made this...a long time ago.

"It was a very depressing time in my life, since I had no money I was unable to screw the rules" -Kaiba

Quote Originally Posted by el_boss
    lol

I love the fact that you registered to post this.

Actually it turns out my other one got deleted or something so I made a new one. Plus I just find him having a hole in his throat weird.

I just checked back and realized fillers were over recently, so I'm enjoying the series again ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Q-BeRt
    Obviously Ichigo is the third since they said "Orange hair.. Black bankai.. He's the one."
    Ichigo isn't the 3rd person, he's the target that they were supposed to eliminate. Ulquiorra tells us that Ichigo doesn't seem all that great to him, so the 3rd person is probably someone he had info on similar to Urahara + Yoruichi.
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthEnder
    4. Rukia: "It's been awhile hasn't it Ichigo". No, actually, it's been about two weeks.
    This scene was actually supposed to have a lot more emotional impact. If you cut out all of the filler material, this would be the first time seeing Rukia back ever since Ichigo & co. leave Soul Society. Think about how it was like when she appeared in the Bounto arc.

Some of the speed translations on the week-by-week chapters are unclear, so it's nice to see not only how the material is animated but also how the dialogue is translated. Ulquiorra's statement about how he had an advantage and why Urahara and Yoruichi weren't attacking is more clear here.

Quote Originally Posted by Animeniax
    I wonder why they sent that particular group of Shinigami. If the Arrancar are that serious a threat, why not send some higher level fighters? Did they just pick 5 of the more popular characters
    My guess is yes, they just picked the most popular ones.

Genin
    Damn i just noticed that the animation improved drastically. Everyone looks so much cooler now than they did in the Bounto arc.

I really really hope that they aren't going to censor this anime. That would definitely ruin most of the fights from here on out.

Would the 3rd n 4th ppl be Ichigo's and Ishida's fathers?
    i saved a unicorn

@ Danad: I doubt Aizen knows or cares much about the Quincy, he's focused on Shinigami and Hollows so he wouldn't have much use for them or knowledge about them.

Anyway Rangiku looks 1000 times better then I thought she would. Also she probably would have been arrested on the street if she was walking around like that IRL (either before or after the rape). Rukia's entrance did feel amazingly drained of emotion since she hasn't realy been gone that long. I think the manga went around two months without showing her (as all the stuff that's happened in the last few episodes was going on), which made her reentry much more impactful. Unfortunately, I've forgotten what happenss next so I'll have to anticipate with the rest of you for next week.

This episode was so awesome I didn't even care about the lame censorship.

Hell, I think I experienced a joygasm when Ulquiorra slapped Yami in order with that badass track kicking in. It didn't hurt to see Kisuke do a few ( ... few but oh so sexy! ) moves either. I love Benihime already.
    / No, you warrant no villain's exposition from me.

a fountain pourin' like an avalanche, comin' down the mountain
    edit - well, at first i thought this episode was awesome. There was alot of problems and shortcomings in it, but I still really enjoyed it. Anything with Urahara in it is automatically awesome, and triply so when he gets to show off his moves. Deflecting the Cero attack and then how he threatened Yami was awesome badass.

Quote Originally Posted by eat_toast
    I think also I heard some new music? It's about time
    About time indeed. I never saw the filler arc, and from what it seems, this is a new track. I thought it was pretty cool, didn't hurt that it accompanied the cool scene of Ulq (whatever his name is spelled...) opening up the cool Hollow portal.

i'm willing to forgive the slow, stupid, wasteful filler minutes simply because it's been so long since i've had Bleach in my life. That, and Urahara's being in it made me smile. The minute long (it's about 50 secs actually) of Yorouichi eating was annoying, but not as bad as watching angsty-Ichigo lay in bed like a rag and do the cliche anime "I couldn't protect my friends!" pouting. That scene was the suck.

I thought the scene with the SS guys walking through the school was hard to watch. You obviously know who each of them are, and it's not like they're wearing anything all that cool (except for Matsumoto. Hello~~~~ Nurse!), so why not just show them right off and show their interaction with each other, you know, facial expressions and the like... I smell cost-cutting...

But, I'm glad Ikkaku and Yumichika are in here. Those two, Kenpachi, Byakuya when he's being cool, and Hanatarou are my favorite Soul Society characters. I just don't get them sending Hitsugaya... if you're going to send a team composed of a mix of guys from different squads, i'd imagine you'd need a more veteran captain who could command all their respect. I also forsee Hitsugaya having a problem getting Ichigo and crew to follow his orders... might as well have put Rukia in charge of it all...

and yeah, the spit instead of blood made me flinch, but i'd hoped maybe it was some ooze/slim ability of Yami's... guess it's just a bunch of shithead censors...

Humans are different from animals. We must die for a reason. Now is the time for us to regulate ourselves and reclaim our dignity. The one who holds endless potential and displays his strength and kindness to the world. Only mankind has God, a power that allows us to go above and beyond what we are now, a God that we call "possibility".

That place over there........ahh never mind
    Here's something interesting I noticed; when Urahara and Yoruichi did their shunpo it made a very distinct sound(9:09), but when Ulquiorra did it it made a completely different sound.(10:56)

Maybe I'm putting to much thought into it or something.

R.I.P Captain America.