Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bleach 112 Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by masamuneehs
    "I don't want any borrowed powers" he says, then gets his daddy to fix him up with exactly that, betraying his friends in the process. If he was serious, he'd try getting them back by himself first...
    Isn't his dad a doctor? Makes sense he would fix Ishida up. That's what doctors do. And Ishida is the kind of character who would "betray" his friends to get his powers back. He lost his powers in a fight to help those friends, so he hardly owns anything to Ichigo & co. It's more like Ichigo and SS should have helped him to get his powers back, but we didn't really see anything indicating they would ever even try to attempt that.

Quote Originally Posted by masamuneehs
    Ishida can suck on a dick. "I don't want any borrowed powers" he says, then gets his daddy to fix him up with exactly that, betraying his friends in the process. If he was serious, he'd try getting them back by himself first...
    When his dad first appeared he said something like "I am the true quincy". When Ishida said that he didn't want borrowed power I interpreted this as him having "fake" powers all along and now his father will unlock his real quincy powers.

These eps are alright. But for some reason the animation is worse than before the fillers, and its a bitch when they add filler into these episodes with those three characters from the Bounto arc. I hate having to skip half the episode (like last ep) and try to find the spot where the ep goes back to whats in the manga.

Also, the music is a little weirder...

Quote Originally Posted by el_boss
    When his dad first appeared he said something like "I am the true quincy". When Ishida said that he didn't want borrowed power I interpreted this as him having "fake" powers all along and now his father will unlock his real quincy powers.
    I took it to mean that he would get his own powers BACK after having lost them beating Mayuri. When he was talking about "fake" powers, I through he was talking about the powers that the bow gave him during the Bounto arc.

hmm. i didn't think there was any doubt what ishida would choose. i mean, his powers, which have essentially been his identity as a quincy for his entire life, or ichigo and co. whom he's barely known for a year... i probably would've chosen the same as him.

I finally got around to watching this episode (Don't ask why it took me so long to watch it). Anyway, I liked the episode, Little more explanation into the whole fathers situation but still leaves you hanging. I guess that is what a good show will do though. I can't wait to see how the Ishida's power situation pans out and see how the others respond to it and the situation that will ensue. I also can't wait to see how long it will take before the whole Your father is the most powerful Shinigami on earth right now thing goes over with Ichigo.

Awesome user with default custom title XanBcoo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by saman
    hmm. i didn't think there was any doubt what ishida would choose. i mean, his powers, which have essentially been his identity as a quincy for his entire life, or ichigo and co. whom he's barely known for a year... i probably would've chosen the same as him.
    I agree with you. Kraco is right, Ishida doesn't owe anything to Ichigo & Friends, and so far it doesn't seem like they desperately need his help. I don't see anything wrong with him getting his powers back. Sure it kinda sucks that he's "not allowed" to see Ichigo, but then again, why should he care? The two were never best buddies anyway.

<@Terra> he told me this, "man actually meeting terra is so fucking big", and he started crying. Then he bought me hot dogs

I do not agree.. You don't risk your life for someone you barely know for a year.. Yet he did.. so i do think they are more than just buddies.

I think it's very clear the friendship, if you call it that, between Ichigo and Ishida can't go on without Ishida having his powers. It would be vastly too unequal. It all started by Ishida arranging the competition, which he thought he would win. And he also thought he would have quite an effect on their chances when they travelled to the SS to save Rukia. With Ichigo more powerful than ever, Ishida would just feel himself much too inferior without any powers. He's not the kind of guy to stomach something like that, even if the fillers made it look like that.

On a lighter note, was anybody familiar with the concept of "goosing" before this episode (Hirako and Hiyori did it to each other while he carried her). I'm hoping its just another product of everyone's favorite totally outrageous island nation.

It happens every now and then in anime. And from what I've heard also in the real life. There was this one blog written by some dude who went to Japan to teach English, and the custom seems to exist among school kids. Crazy bunch, those Japanese.