Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bleach 111 Discussion

Missing Nin
    Quote Originally Posted by RyougaZell
    Suuuuure. So we can have fillers once more in less than 20 episodes (its just a random number). So lets just cram everything we can unto every episode
    It has nothing to do with that and we already have well more then 20 episodes of Manga. Basically the issue the dolls created was that both ichigo and Ishada are suppose to be saved basically at the same time as both of those battles interweave with each other. By adding the dolls they not only made this impossible but also included Isshan as a Death God in the new ending and made a clear refernce to him being one in the preview. This was done when Ichigo makes a comment about Ishida "Dressing like his old man" and Rinrin comments back that she wouldn't talk if it was her. Ichigo responds "Why?". Finally she goes "Its a secret." Given I already knew about it but I found it easily clear enough to effect the surprize factor. Cutting out the dolls would have given enough time to show both of the fathers without any explination and this would have flowed much better as it did in the manga.

Things like that are making the dolls very disruptive to the story in the current form for myself and thats why I'm annoyed with them..

That little white cape on Ichigo's dad looks kinda like the little white cape that Kuchiki Byakuya wears

Woah I read the manga but I didn't see the captain cloak on isshin, lol. I also don't remember him mentioning he is of captain level. Bad memory + other mangas I read = no!. Anyway, I think isshin was a captain but he left cos maybe then he had kids. So far we know no other captain who has kids. Could be a reason who knows. Soul society prolly allowed him to leave but remain a replacement shinigami if danger should arise. Now I can't wait to hear his story.

I'm assuming Isshin used to be a captain just because of the which cloak. While none of the captains dress exactly the same, they all have their outfits augmented by some kind of white cloathing.

Quote Originally Posted by Turkish-S
    i think it's: shinigami>hollow=vaizard
    hollow>shinigami=arrancar
    i could be wrong though.
    I agree with that.

Also, looks like Vaizards don't get any bigger, while Arrancar's have that giant hollow size thing going.

It's too bad that in becoming an Arrancar and supposedly becoming stronger, King Fisher lost his one unique hollow power that made him more dangerous, his fishing lure.

For being a non-manga reader, the past two episodes made me very excited for Bleach this year. The introduction of Isshin as a Shinigami and Ishida's father, I absolutely loved (Ishida's dad is soo awesome!!).

The theory about Isshin being a former captain is very plausible, it would certainly explain his power. Oh well, I guess the only thing to do now is to wait and watch (or read the manga =p).

Awesome user with default custom title XanBcoo's Avatar
    Oooooo~

The prospect of Isshin running around with Ichigo, cutting up Hollows during this arc gives me chills of joy. It'd also be pretty hilarious, what with their unique father-son relationship and all...

Based only on Grand Fisher's appearance, I'd have to come to the conclusion that Arrancars are truly a sin against nature. Kind of like the Apostles in Berserk, or all the Chimeras in Fullmetal Alchemist. Fisher's beefed-up form was the goofiest fuckin thing I've seen in a while - like someone tried to fuse a samurai, a woolly mammoth, and Baron Von Underbite from The Venture Brothers. It didn't help that his voice sounded like he was in constant agony, begging for someone to end his new miserable existence. I almost felt sorry for him .

The way he was dealt with was pretty satisfying, but It would have been great if Isshin had at least made some mention of his wife. Perhaps he didn't know himself that Fisher had killed Masaki, and Tite Kubo was going for a more subtle sense of justice here.

Oh, and based on the preview, I predict at least one blood-curdling scream coming from Hirako in the next episode. It has to happen.

<@Terra> he told me this, "man actually meeting terra is so fucking big", and he started crying. Then he bought me hot dogs

y'know, despite all the hints and speculation i've seen and read recently about the matter, i was still very surprised about isshin being a shinigami. i guess not taking everything i hear at face value pays off sometimes :*)**

a couple of things i noticed in this episode that i don't think have been mentioned so far:

-new background music. very catchy music at that. i guess there'll be another soundtrack coming out in the future.
    -for some reason, i really didn't like the voice actor for grand fisher in this episode. made him sound even slower than he seemed.
    -grand fisher referred to ichigo as a "pure blood". ignoring the harry potter vibe here, doesn't that also make ichigo's mom a shinigami? maybe?

i'm pretty sure his mom wasn't a shinigami, it just meant that ichigo ain't a 'muggle' haha

rather a mudblood (LOL!!)

GF referred Ichigo as a pure-blood just for his own ego. He didn't want to accept a substitute shinigami, or fake shinigami in his eyes (mudblood) defeated him. So having a shinigami father that made Ichigo a better opponent on his eyes.

That's what I think anyway.

Assuming Ichigo is the only shinigami that is alive, how the hell did Isshin impregnate Ichigo's mom?

Also, that would mean he's technically dead

LaZie made this...a long time ago.

"It was a very depressing time in my life, since I had no money I was unable to screw the rules" -Kaiba

Quote Originally Posted by Chaoskiddo
    Assuming Ichigo is the only shinigami that is alive, how the hell did Isshin impregnate Ichigo's mom?

Also, that would mean he's technically dead
    This bugged me too. There's clearly something unique about Isshin's situation which allows him to live in the human world and act as a shinigami at the same time.

It's either something similar to what Urahara does (he did say they were best friends), or he uses a Gigai, or his spirit energy is high enough that he became a shinigami in much the same way Ichigo did. I hope they explain this.

for some reason, i really didn't like the voice actor for grand fisher in this episode. made him sound even slower than he seemed.
    Like I said, just made him seem like more of an atrocity against God and humanity.
    Last edited by XanBcoo; Thu, 01-18-2007 at 08:11 PM.

<@Terra> he told me this, "man actually meeting terra is so fucking big", and he started crying. Then he bought me hot dogs

Man bleach is defently cool again but I was hoping for gran fisher to kill the 3 dolls

Signature by Lucifus

Isshin a shinigami would explain why his daughter can sense hollows too

Ok ep, but seemed a little slow to me. Too much of Kyon running around like an idiot. I wanted to see Ichigo find his dad as a shinigami :\

And yeah, I was wondering about shinigamis = dead people aspect too. Necrophilia?? Could Ichigo and Rukia.......????

Ok, though, seriously I hope they explain this decently.

Quote Originally Posted by Mae
    And yeah, I was wondering about shinigamis = dead people aspect too. Necrophilia?? Could Ichigo and Rukia.......????.
    Forget that, what happens when a dead person dies... again?

KIMOCHI~II

1. the "pure blood" comment probably refers to shinigami who have atleast one shinigami parent compared to those who die and then become shinigami.

2. the "best friend" remark wasn't from the manga, so that can't really be taken as 'true'. Though its obvious that isshin and urahara know each other, possibly from SS.

3. To the manga readers: in the manga, didn't isshin cut grand fisher in half vertically instead of cutting open his stomach like he did in this ep?

That place over there........ahh never mind
    He cut him in half vertically(right down the middle), it dissapointed me that they couldn't do that. Makes me wonder what else they'll censor....

R.I.P Captain America.

Ok... let me come up with my own crazy idea. What if ichigo's old man is from one of the 4 Noble families in soul society ( I think they said there was 4). Just think about it he did say "those of captain level or higher learn how to control there power....etc". Then he feel in love with a human while doing something in the regular world, and left soul society to be with them. It's just a thought to explain all this confusion we probably won't get for a long time or even at all.

What you guys think? The posibilities are endless lol .

I'm pretty sure that if the Kurosaki family was one of the 4 families, people would have made a bigger deal about Ichigo Kurosaki running around Soul Society causing so much trouble. I don't really recall anyone saying anything to the effect of "Ah, he's a member of that family" either.

It is a possibility that Isshin changed his name, though. After the Kuchiki, the Kukkaku, and the Shihouin, there's still one noble family left to be revealed. Makes you wonder.

Not everyone in Soul Society is "Dead." Obviously they can procreate. How else could there be "Royal Families." They can't just adopt people all the time like Rukia.

On that note, is Rukia DEAD? She apparently grew up in Soul Society. A dead kid stays a kid forever, right?

As for what happens when a soul dies, apparently you bury them and they're gone. Like Rukia buried her 2 childhood friends. I forget if that flashback was during the original Soul Society arc, or the fillers.

So anyways, Ichigo's mom has to be human. Otherwise Ichigo and his sisters would just be souls in fake bodies.

Oh yeah, and Byakuya doesn't wear a cape. He wears a captain's robe and a scarf around his neck.