Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Movie: 300

Movie: 300

I just found out about this movie, although its been in development for a while. The trailer makes me wet my pants. Suppose to be out this summer sometime.

http://300themovie.warnerbros.com/

(I haven't been on in quite a while and I'm not sure if this was already posted. I searched the forums and found nothing, but I always did do that and ended up making a double topic. Sorry if I did.)

I don't think there has been a thread for it. I think this movie looks great (a Frank Miller comic); however, with the March release date I am skeptical of the story/action (vs. releasing in the summer). I do remember way back then that the Matrix was a late winter release, so maybe this'll be as epic as it looks. I will be watching it for sure!

"Spartan's tonight we dine in Hell"

<fingers crossed>
    Currently watching: One Piece, Black Lagoon, Bleach, Death Note, Suzumiya Haruhi,
    The 12 Kingdoms, and Soukou no Strain (kinda)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~#blood-scanlations~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Wow, looks like it will be pretty cool. Any movie that has epic battle scenes is good in my book. Being inspired by Frank Miller isn't exactly a bad thing either . Looking forward to it.

Yes this movie will be awesome dispite what my friends say. I think I may even go the movies to see it instead of waiting for the dvd.

(Aeon's Top 5 Anime ATM)One Piece,Shakugan no Shana Second,Gundam 00,Naruto,Bleach

Just watched the trailer, looks like it should be good.

That place over there........ahh never mind
    This movie is going to be so badass. We get cg made up monsters, bunches of arrows, an actual war movie that doesn't seem like it'll turn into a story about love(Troy), and a big wolf that looks like Fenrir

R.I.P Captain America.

I've been having my eyes on this movie for quite some time now, I just love Frank Miller's work. There is no way in hell this won't own everybody's shit!

Yeah. When I saw the trailer for the first time, I thought this would be a movie with serious attitude, and one to be watched for sure.

The trailers left me sort of breathless, because they look so creative and good.

... Although many movies I'm initially impressed by turn out to be dissapointments. I hope that isn't the case for this one.

God of War: The Movie... sort of.

Man I'm really looking forward to this. It looks like it will kick the asses of all "epics" in the last couple of years.

this is going to be so awsome gonna watch this for sure

Yeah this movie looks totally badass. I remember seeing like a tiny teaser tralier for it like a year ago. That new trailer just made me cream myself... more than once if I may add...

Oops, here it comes again!

[21:48] * DO furiously masturbates to #gotwoot

Wow good movie Ebert and Roper can go kiss my mixed ass if they don't give this movie 2 middle fingers up. Battle scenes and the picture looks real good, plus the main character battles a wolf (Yes IT COULD BE FENRIR, jk) when he was a kid , how bad-ass can that be, no wonder why he was chosen leader. I would see this in the theaters real blazed up! With my munchies.
    No one but the enemy will ever teach you how to destroy and conquer. Only the enemy shows you where you are weak. Only the enemy tells you when he is strong. And the rules of the game are what you can do to him and what you can stop him from doing to you. I am your enemy from now on. From now on, I am your teacher."
    -Mazer Rackham

just saw the movie tonight...and i give it two greek thumbs wayyyy up...such a badass movie i have to go back and see it again at the IMAX...highly recommend it...not for the weak of stomache though

I'm going to see it with a couple of my friends tommorow. Every review its gotten, here at Gotwoot, people playing Counterstrike, friends, aim, general internet has given it Thumbs up. If it hasn't gotten a single badreview yet its gotta be good.
    Don't believe in yourself, believe in me, who believes in you.

Well that was a pretty awesome film. In addition to all the awesome gore there were some pretty funny lines as well. My personal favorite, "I'm going for a walk, these 300 men are my personal bodyguards." I was somewhat upset that Leonidas didn't die by the sword, but I guess anyone who tried to fight him one on one would probably have died anyway. All in all it was a very entertaining film and anyone who likes war, violence, and savagery should go see it.

Graphics were nice. Didnt have a great plot, but I wasn't expecting one. The major problem I had was lesbian sex scene. Now, Im all up for lesbians, but when they're scarred,amputated monsters, thats where I draw the line. But other than that, it was an alright movie to kill time with.

Edit: ^^ I do agree, it did have its funny moments.

If you liked Sin City, this movie is along the same lines.

in my opinion:

Beautiful Art, Amazing Fights, and I haven't felt that bisexual since I watched interview with the vampire.

and my favorite hilarious line was "There's no reason we can't be civil"

Benevolent Dictator
    Blog Entries
    Saw it in a theater like .... 3 hours ago.

I liked how the director dragged in very, very gratuitous sex and sexuality to counterbalance the prevalent sinew-and-abs motif. Drunken loli-oracle, the queen, Xerces's hoes ... it was good times.

The perpetual sepia-tone was an interesting artistic tool. Overall, combat was very well-choreographed, the effects were mostly quite good (with very few exceptions). Lots of fast-framerate gave it a good feel too ... I was very visually pleased with this movie.

Overall, this movie was very much worth seeing.

word, and its just as good the 2nd time around. I think they did the tone thing because I'm pretty positive most of the muscles were photoshopped, and it makes it less obvious.