Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bleach 110 Discussion

Wow, it's been awhile since there has been actual revelations during an episode huh? Very neat. It was a full episode, as in plot points and such, which I think they might have to tune down just a tad in order to not catch up too soon. Though in regards to that I think the scenes with the dolls could serve a purpose here, as some others have stated. One may be that it keeps the previous arc from becoming a useless blank in characters minds that didn't really happen. Another is that while they may take up screen time that could be used for content, maybe that's what the producers may have to do in order to not have to pull another filler arc on us. Who knows? Maybe this is the last time we'll see them. It wouldn't be a great loss. Hirako is great, as expected - same with Ishida's dad. And yes, for once it didn't take them an episode and a half to kill off a minor hollow. God bless storyline episodes.

I was actually kinda dissapointed seeing King Fisher so soon.

I mean, I realized that King Fisher is like Ichigo's nemesis amoung the bounto for obvious reasons. But I figured out a long time ago that they were gonna use him as one of the Vaizard hybrids. I mean, they had to, Ichigo would kill King Fisher in two seconds nowadays.

But I was expecting him to be alot higher up. I mean, it seems like he's one of the Vaizard prototypes. Like one of the first ones Aizen is experimenting with.

I'm wondering how becoming a Vaizard with Aizen's little black ball actually works. If it's a matter of merging a shinigami with a hollow, or if it's just making a shinigame into a hollow also and vice versa.

If it's the second, it must work both ways. I mean, Aizen wants to become a hollow in addition to being a shinigami. But King Fisher was a Hollow first. So obviously the black ball can awaken either type in a person...

I don't know. Not enough info yet.

Oh, question for the manga people. Is the afro-shinagami a real character, or a filler character? I can't quite tell.

I just checked back on the old chapters to make sure if his in the manga too and yes he was in it so his a real character.
    Last edited by Zati; Sat, 01-13-2007 at 03:48 AM.

a fountain pourin' like an avalanche, comin' down the mountain
    well it's been quite a while since i watched a Bleach episode. Had to remind myself at times that this wasn't a filler. That "reverse" fellow, Hirako or whatever, seems interesting, but i really wasn't too impressed yet, especially his "join us" speech.

i'm more glad to see Grand Fisher is back and see what they do with that storyline.

i thought the coolest things in this episode were Tatsuki seeing the Shinigami stuff (maybe she'll join the corps yet!) and how Ishida still managed to hold his own in that fight. His dad's entry was a little out of the blue, but looks like they'll go into that next episode.

and Hitsugaya and Matsumoto's being in the OP and ED so much better be for actual plot relevance and not simply fan service...

edit to below- well duh, she has titties like elbows, no accident that she's always dressed like that. But i was wondering more about why those 2 were picked to be in the OP. Cold logic indicates that's cuz they'll play a bigger role in the upcoming plot than other SS characters.... but knowing the whore-mongering that is television, it could also be cuz they're popular characters and won't be more important at all. The first kind of fan service is fine, but the second pisses me off
    Last edited by masamuneehs; Sat, 01-13-2007 at 03:00 PM.

Humans are different from animals. We must die for a reason. Now is the time for us to regulate ourselves and reclaim our dignity. The one who holds endless potential and displays his strength and kindness to the world. Only mankind has God, a power that allows us to go above and beyond what we are now, a God that we call "possibility".

Matsumoto's presence is ALWAYS fanservice.

And her in a schoolgirl outfit in the ending is, like, x10 fanservice!

Awesome user with default custom title XanBcoo's Avatar
    Wow...I'm lucky I happened to check this forum, or else I wouldn't have known the Bleach fillers were over. I've pretty much completely avoided the Bleach subforum while the fillers were going on, but I checked every now and then for a thread called "Bleach fillers ending" or something of the like. Not even an announcement on the front page? Tsk tsk...

Oh well, haven't downloaded the episode yet, but judging from the comments on this episode, it really does seem like the fillers are over. Happy days.

<@Terra> he told me this, "man actually meeting terra is so fucking big", and he started crying. Then he bought me hot dogs

Quote Originally Posted by Zati
    I just checked back on the old chapters to make sure if his in the manga too and yes he was in it so his a real character.
    Actually i think he appeared in the anime first, and then he showed up in the manga chapter like the week after.

Anyways a pretty good ep. Its good to see the manga storyline start up again, and i can't wait till the animate some of the stuff that happens later in this arc. Im sure you'll all enjoy it. Can't wait for the next ep to come out (i think the manga readers know why).

Btw, i skipped over the filler stuff, so could someone explain what happened with ishda. He lost his power back during the SS arc, so how did he fight and stuff in the fillers.

Quote Originally Posted by Assassin
    Btw, i skipped over the filler stuff, so could someone explain what happened with ishda. He lost his power back during the SS arc, so how did he fight and stuff in the fillers.
    He only fought towards the end of the fillers, when he got some only, dusty accessory from the Shinigami to replace, or supplement, his lost powers for a while (the way he got it was actually a part of a deeper plot, a deception of a kind). So, he could have a rather weak and unsteady bow. But it wasn't very sturdy and broke eventually. These things he used in this episode, I don't know if they are in the manga, weren't present at all in the fillers, as far as I noticed.

Those little capsules were in the manga but the explanation was that he made them while training (I assume training with the super bow). I guess they just took the opportunity to tie in the fillers with the rest of the plot here.

Quote Originally Posted by masamuneehs
    and Hitsugaya and Matsumoto's being in the OP and ED so much better be for actual plot relevance and not simply fan service...
    Well, their popularity may just lead them into being the plot more often. I mean, I doubt we'll ever see an arc where Rukia is absent, and it would appear that Hitsuyaga and Matsumoto are also becoming regulars. And in the ending, if it has to do with the story then I'm psyched since Ikkaku, Yumichka, EVERYBODY is coming.

LaZie made this...a long time ago.

"It was a very depressing time in my life, since I had no money I was unable to screw the rules" -Kaiba

Well, that was a pretty amazing episode! I can't wait to see what the new arc will have in store (haven't even touched the manga >_>). Yes. I'm very glad they killed MORE THAN ONE hollow in one episode.
    And here's a complimentary gif.

WOW! Who knew Kon knew how to do the "Chicken Noodle Soup" dance.

WTF Ichigo's dad is a shinigami!!! Wonder if you guys notice, on the ending scene, show right after Ichigo. The shinigami standing next to Ishida's dad, he's Ichigo's father.. well im pretty sure after comparing the flashback scene about the charm thing.

They also hint at it at the end of the preview for the next episode.

Why, what'd they say?

Quote Originally Posted by Oakleya
    WTF Ichigo's dad is a shinigami!!! Wonder if you guys notice, on the ending scene, show right after Ichigo. The shinigami standing next to Ishida's dad, he's Ichigo's father.. well im pretty sure after comparing the flashback scene about the charm thing.
    That's a good catch. I didn't even recognize him. Though it's not nessecarily the case. It may just be the ending dressing him up in that outfit. Since they also have that scene with all the shinigami dressed as high school students and I doubt that is actually going to happen.
    Last edited by DarthEnderX; Sun, 01-14-2007 at 02:34 AM.

Wow, one episode and I've already forgiven them entirely for the filler.

... Hirako, a new object of obsession? He sure did appear awesome and I simply love his voice.
    / No, you warrant no villain's exposition from me.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthEnder
    Quote Originally Posted by JaySee
    They also hint at it at the end of the preview for the next episode.
    Why, what'd they say?
    In the episode preview there was a conversation that went like
    Ichigo: "Like father, like son. You're both messed up!"

And then some one else (filler character maybe? Didn't watch fillers) says "You really shouldn't talk, you know."

Ichigo: "Why?"

Filler character: "..... It's a secret"

I have to admit I didn't think much of it at first. Then I saw the post and went back and it sorta makes a lot of sense.

So, if Ichigo's dad is a shinigami, he would have been faking his inability to sense spirits all the time?

Well, we know most shinigami with massive spirit force can mask it, but I'm curious as to WHY he'd mask it from his kid. I wonder how much he knows about what's happened to Ichigo thus far, too. I mean shit, I'd want to know if my son was out there beating CAPTAINS. So... Ishida already knew his dad was a Quincy? Man I'm dying to see what these two dads are capable of.

Well, we knew Ishida's dad was a Quincy. We just didn't know that he actually trained his ability before denying his heritage to be a doctor.

Ichigo's dad being a Shinigami would explain why he and his sister have spirit force. It also explains how he had his own Shinigami powers after losing Rukia's. The shop owner must know Ichigo's dad. He's probably been reporting to him everything that's been going on.

I wonder how bad-ass his sisters will grow up to be.