Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Hayate the Combat Butler!

ugh... isn't there anyone else watching this?

25: http://torrents.no-sekai.de/eclipse/...5d.avi.torrent
    26: http://torrents.no-sekai.de/eclipse/...5d.avi.torrent
    27: http://torrents.no-sekai.de/eclipse/...5d.avi.torrent

25-26 are okay... but i think 27 was my favourite episode so far. the fights are really well animated.

Too darn lazy to login, so just lurking in the shadows instead.
    I'm still watching it.
    This butler tournament is extremely cliché, but still..

Hinagiku-san is quite strong.

And.. You Gotta Be Fucking Kidding Me!

This gotta be the worst bullshit I have ever seen in a Anime, why the hell are they there!?
    It's so obvious it's not even funny.

As soon as this Tournament was announced I knew Klaus would somehow show up to try and prove Hayate couldn't hack it as a butler.

EDIT: And it's about time they started making fun of Shoujo-Ai. The scene with the Superintendent and her maid(I refuse to call a female servant a butler) talking about snacks was great.
    Last edited by Yukimura; Fri, 10-05-2007 at 11:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BioAlien
    I'm still watching it.
    This butler tournament is extremely cliché, but still..

Hinagiku-san is quite strong.

And.. You Gotta Be Fucking Kidding Me!

This gotta be the worst bullshit I have ever seen in a Anime, why the hell are they there!?
    It's so obvious it's not even funny.
    I thought it was funny

Same here. Seeing how nobody recognized them really cracked me up.

<3 Tessa-chan! <3 Lucifus! ....chotto mate.

yep... me too
    especially since their entrance was kinda cool too. The tournament is cliche because that's what it is... a spoof of those kind of shows.

btw... when Nagi was mimicking the kamehameha and piccolo's attack, at the end a real fireball came out. her look of confusion was kinda cool

Episode 28 is out, go get it.
    So much lameness in one episode..
    Hayate didn't even fought seriously once.
    He won all his match by default.
    The only one he did "fought" was the one with Hinagiku, and he even there, it was lame.
    The lamest fight was of course, the last one.

And here I had good expectation, good fights for a couples more episodes, but no, just crap.
    And where the hell was Isumi? Surely not in France.. right? I mean. that girl did say "bonjour", but can Isumi really get from Japan to France by simply being "lost", there's a limit to everything..

Quote Originally Posted by BioAlien
    Episode 28 is out, go get it.
    So much lameness in one episode..
    Hayate didn't even fought seriously once.
    He won all his match by default.
    The only one he did "fought" was the one with Hinagiku, and he even there, it was lame.
    The lamest fight was of course, the last one.

And here I had good expectation, good fights for a couples more episodes, but no, just crap.
    And where the hell was Isumi? Surely not in France.. right? I mean. that girl did say "bonjour", but can Isumi really get from Japan to France by simply being "lost", there's a limit to everything..
    So much lameness in one post.

If you're taking a series like this so god awfully seriously, you need to take a break and smell some daisies. This series is not an action anime, it's not a martial arts anime, it's not a competitive anime, it's a comedy anime about a poor butler and him being a Gundam. If you're looking for those in Hayate of all places, and in episode 28 no less, you need a huge chill pill.

Quote Originally Posted by animus
    So much lameness in one post.

If you're taking a series like this so god awfully seriously, you need to take a break and smell some daisies. This series is not an action anime, it's not a martial arts anime, it's not a competitive anime, it's a comedy anime about a poor butler and him being a Gundam. If you're looking for those in Hayate of all places, and in episode 28 no less, you need a huge chill pill.
    Sorry, but there was nothing "funny" in this episode.

That's a matter of personal opinion. I would agree that the episode as a whole wasn't particularly funny, in fact was somewhat boring, but I did find a few parts worth smiling at.

The uber maid turning out to be a middle school girl made me chuckle, especially since it raised the issue of lesbian pedophilia which, for some reason, I'd never imagined could exist.

Hayate completely embarrassing Hinagiku with his butler agility was also worth a smile, as was the absurdity of Isumi in Paris and the little kid who serves his butler getting attacked by a dog.

Yeap... i found this episode entertaining (although the one before was better).
    i did think it was funny that hayate never really fought once in what was the final ep of a tournament (i also laughed at the kamehameha).

I mean think of it, this show had fights where there wasn't supposed to be any. did you really think that they'd make him fight where he was expected to?

Did the fansub group dropped this anime? I don't see the latest episodes anymore..

ian... no, the subs are still being released. and i'm personally still a fan of the show. i haven't been discussing much since i was behind and thought ppl were still posting but at any rate go to http://www.baka-updates.com/ and search for "hayate" you should have all the eps there. the "final" eps (38-39) were just plain awesome!

(Gurren-Lagann FTW!)

Quote Originally Posted by ian_sanzo
    Did the fansub group dropped this anime? I don't see the latest episodes anymore..
    http://eclipse.no-sekai.de/projects/hayate

there is an "archives" section
    -------------------------------------------------------------------

|New Signature 3.0!! Simon now has star glasses..... and lost a lot of my respect......R.I.P. Simon without lame glases...

I've been watching this anime on and off. A couple episodes here and there. I really want to like it, but the style feels different from the manga. Maybe its that annoying narrative voice...

Personally... I like the narrator. the show just fell down after the "butler wars" (the end of it was pretty cool tho). its just mildly interesting now

I haven't finished the series yet, but here's some news on a second season:

A page from a future issue of Shogakukan's Weekly Shonen Sunday magazine has reportedly announced that a second season of Hayate the Combat Butler! (Hayate no Gotoku!) has been greenlit for production. The story follows a boy named Hayate who serves as a butler, bodyguard, confidante, and more to a girl named Nagi to pay off a 156,804,000-yen (about US$1.6-million) debt. The next issue of Weekly Shonen Sunday, which publishes Kenjirou Hata's original manga, will go on sale on April 2. The final episode of the first 52-episode run will air in Japan this Sunday. Viz Media publishes the manga in North America.
    http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...-season-leaked

Blog Entries
    You really need to have watched alot of anime to get all the references right?

Does this have any action or it's all brainless comedy?

This season toned down on the reference by quite a bit.

There some action but it mostly just lead to more comedy so don't expect too much.