Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Hayate the Combat Butler!

Quote Originally Posted by Ryllharu
    So apparently the angelic Maria has a wrathful side, heh, everyone in the house is afraid of her when she's angry. I'm also a little disappointed that Tama didn't turn out to be the narrator.

I didn't catch that many references in this one. The Metal Gear ones in the preview stood out, as well as the ***y ones. The only other one I was able to catch were the Lance of Longinus (from Evangelion) spearing Hayate while he was insulted by the head butler.

Anyone catch any others I missed?
    And as always, the Conan Statue at the beginning of the episode... I wasn't really paying attention, so I didn't catch many others besides the ones with the *bleeping*.

I'm really enjoying this series so far, Nagi is a cool character. I like how she's seems genuinely caring in many scenes, and isn't afraid to show it. I also think it's refreshing to see the character know that she likes the other person, instead of the usual constant denials.

You're not watching Gurren Lagann?! You're missing out!

Not finished with the episode yet, but I had to say that it was awesome how they gave Hayate a Saint Seiya look.

Another marvelous episode. This could very well be the best new series.

@animus...I am watching Gurren-Lagaan, but what does that have to do with anything? Oh it's not in my sig...

Another fun episod,e but this time with a twist...finally there are charachters that like Hayate!!! Of course no Hayate no Gotoku episode would be complete without parodies of some of our favorite popular anime, I noticed referances from Pokemon, Kenshin (Aku Sok Zan...forgive spelling), and Full Metal Panic (Lambda Drivers Rock!).

There was also some NHK references with the NEET and hikikkomori stuff.

I just like how Nagi thinks Hayate's a gundam.

Actually, the person that thought Hayate is a gundam was the head butler. Nagi thinks Hayate is Freeza. I lol for like 10 minute when the teacher did Diamond Dust pose and drawing hayate face in Saint Seiya style is priceless. There was also Metal Gear, Pokemon, possible Ippo reference. Vana**** is Vana'diel the world in FFXI and that teacher was working on a zaku model (lol) along with more gun*** bleeping.
    Last edited by Dark Dragon; Tue, 04-24-2007 at 04:03 AM.

Too darn lazy to login, so just lurking in the shadows instead.

All I can say is poor Hayate's balls...that was one of the worst beatings I've ever seen anything take.
    Last edited by Yukimura; Mon, 04-30-2007 at 03:07 PM.

As always, some Conan in the episode... from what I remember and could make out there were also some Ultraman and MÄR refferences.

I caught the Maison Ikkoku reference (the Piyo Piyo apron Hayate was wearing) and the references to Rie Kugimiya's other roles when she was beating on Sakuya.

Speaking of Sakuya, I couldn't be happier they cast Kana Ueda to play a wannabe comedian with the obligatory Kansai accent.

lol, when the Milady said "Urusai , Urusai , Urusai!!",
    reminds me of Shana.

<3 Tessa-chan! <3 Lucifus! ....chotto mate.

Nipponsei - Hayate no Gotoku OP single
    for those interested

I'm sure there are still people following this series. right?

Quote Originally Posted by kenren
    lol, when the Milady said "Urusai , Urusai , Urusai!!",
    reminds me of Shana.
    I'm sure it's intentional. A lot of Rie Kugimiya's characters seem to say one-word phrases 3 times lately. ZnT's Louise did it all the time too.

Hayate no Gotoku! - Eps 8 (xvid)
    Hayate no Gotoku! - Eps 8 (HD h264)

This episode was even weirder than I remember it being in the manga...

So did he actually get pounded by Tama? Or was it just dry humping? And his girlish way of speaking was intentional, right?

Ahaha, the first half of that episode was so messed up in a hilarious way. I was shuddering from being disturbed, but also laughing at the same time.

hahahah..the "rape" scene is just so hilarious. I like it when Tama talks, it makes me feel something different and of course, i laughed a lot while watching this series.

EDIT: Epi 9 - Eclipse
    Last edited by kenren; Mon, 05-28-2007 at 06:48 PM.