Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bleach 109 Discussion

If I could change my name
    to Saberfire... I would
    Quote Originally Posted by eat_toast
    Be optimistic! Even though the fillers could continue for 600 more pointless arcs *coughnarutocough* I think they are finished here. And, for those that are doubtful of the quality of the next bit of the story, you can't possibly comprehend how f'ing awesome it will be. I'm serious.
    I think you proved my point more then I would ever have too

Naruto killed my Optimism of when fillers well end

This was a nice ep though...
    image fail!

Quote Originally Posted by miyama_ryu
    I have not watched any of the fillers, do I have to watch them to understand what is going on?
    I seriously hope not. While I watched them all, I only hope not a trace of them is left in the next arc, or just a few inconsequential references that you can shrug away (like the fate of some filler characters - they could run out of batteries for all I care).

Animeniax, still intentionally generating negative rep like it's water and he's lost in the desert.

Can anyone take a guess as to how many episodes ahead the manga is? Or at least at which chapter the story broke off?

Quote Originally Posted by DarthEnder
    Animeniax, still intentionally generating negative rep like it's water and he's lost in the desert.
    Darthender, still making useless posts with zero contribution to the topic to bash on others.

Anyway, I liked this episode, not only because it's the end of fillers, it was just a nice episode. And I really liked that whole "Is fate a line extending forward, or is it a closed circle from which we must break free?" bit. I only listened to it once and didn't really analyze it, so to me it sounded profound

Quote Originally Posted by DarthEnder
    Nah, it's not my intent, but I realize it will happen and don't care. The truth must be spoken.

I checked this thread for a recap of episode 109, and all I read is "fillers are over" over and over. No real contribution to the thread *ahem mods, do your job*, just repeated adamant claims of something that can't be proven until next episode.

The animation of the main characters was awesome, then they reverted to filler animation quality for the filler characters. Or maybe the filler chars just always look poorly done.

well if it continious with the blond guy i believe it's gonna be the main story from now on

To whoever asked about chapters. The last chapter I remember seeing animated before the filler arc was volume 21 chapter 181, and the things that people seem to think indicate the end of fillers are coming from volume 21 chapter 184-185. Read if you dare...

Also the most recent chapter was volume 29 chapter 257 so 77 chapters divided by about 2.5 chapters per episode comes to around 30 eps, but there's probably room for more padding in certain places.

Awesome user with default custom title darkmetal505's Avatar
    Be optimistic! Even though the fillers could continue for 600 more pointless arcs *coughnarutocough* I think they are finished here. And, for those that are doubtful of the quality of the next bit of the story, you can't possibly comprehend how f'ing awesome it will be. I'm serious.
    Thats the thing. I read the manga and I don't find it to be all that appealing for reasons I won't post here. Maybe the animated version will make it better, who knows?

Quote Originally Posted by darkmetal505
    Thats the thing. I read the manga and I don't find it to be all that appealing for reasons I won't post here. Maybe the animated version will make it better, who knows?
    I read the manga as well (So I'm not counting unhatched eggs as far as fillers being over), and I think the next bit is pretty darn good, or great when compared to what we've been seeing in this filler arc. But everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

A question sorry.

The Fillers are Over, everyone is Saying. Meaning that 109 is NOT a filler?
    Or.. ?
    I have stopped watching Bleach since these fillers started and simply wondering should I get 109, or is 110 where it continues?

The last 10 seconds or so of 109 is non filler.

I read the manga as well (So I'm not counting unhatched eggs as far as fillers being over), and I think the next bit is pretty darn good, or great when compared to what we've been seeing in this filler arc. But everyone is entitled to their own opinion.
    Oh I definitely think the next bit is much better than filler, but it isn't as good as the Soul Society story. The Soul Society arc seemed to have more of the suspense/surprise factor, which I think the next arc is lacking. Thus, I'm not as excited as I originally thought I would be.
    Last edited by darkmetal505; Sun, 01-07-2007 at 07:13 PM.

Well gee thanks dorkmetal505 for ruining the next arc for me. Isn't there a rule against spoiling like that?

@okyd: You have to watch episodes 66-109, they added some storyline to each episode. Otherwise, you'll miss out on what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Animeniax
    Well gee thanks dorkmetal505 for ruining the next arc for me. Isn't there a rule against spoiling like that?

@okyd: You have to watch episodes 66-109, they added some storyline to each episode. Otherwise, you'll miss out on what happens.
    Besides the fact that I just posted an opinion and nothing about the actual content of the next story line...

How the heck are you claiming that he'll miss out on what happens if you yourself have not read the manga.

Don't listen to him Okyd because the filler added nothing, unless you want to think that intergrating the filler story line will be essential to understanding future events.
    Last edited by darkmetal505; Sun, 01-07-2007 at 09:14 PM.

When your opinion involves future arcs, then that's spoiling. You've just ruined the entire next thread for me and everyone else. Way to go! Enjoy being banned for a while.

@okyd: You can't get the whole story unless you watch all the episodes. Might as well just watch the odd numbered shows if you're not going to watch them all.

Wow, the animation in 109 is really good. Did anyone notice that Rukia sat closer to Renji than Ichigo when they were sitting together? Could it be because she sees Renji as more of a brother than a possible love interest?

Awesome user with default custom title The Heretic Azazel's Avatar
    He didn't ruin anything, stop being such a fucking infant all the time.

I enjoyed the Bleach fillers quite a bit in the end, but I'm glad they're over. I can't believe everyone was included in the fillers except the two greatest characters, Don Kanonji and Ichigo's dad. Shameful.
    "They call it 'The American Dream' because you have to be asleep to believe it" - George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by darkmetal505
    Besides the fact that I just posted an opinion and nothing about the actual content of the next story line...
    darkmetal has done nothing wrong that would warrant a ban. He only posted an opinion about the next arc, not any actual CONTENT (aka spoiling) of what is to come. So please, stop getting all worked up over this Animeniax. Just because he may not like it doesn't mean that you won't either. Now, let's get this thread back on topic here.
    This fantastic Sousuke sig was made by the one and only Lucifus! Thanks man!

ok guys calm down. This is not the thread for it. let it slide. Please.

This episode what nice I really enjoyed it. There was alot of back stories and prior information in it. So I am guessing that is why it is not considered a filler episode. But whatever you may classify it as, it was o good episode.

Some intense emotions and times and a few questions that is left to be contemplated upon for both the characters and us the Bleach watches.

All in all it was a good way to finish/ begin and arc. Very nice. It gave the series time to breath and us the anime fans a little time to reflect and re-remember some of the past events. A little refresher if you will of the main storyline.

Looking forward to the next episode. Can't wait to see what the come up with next, both story wise and animation wise.
    ___
    ---------------------------- "THE DROPOUT CREW"--------------------------------
    ________Deblas, IfingHateTonTon, RyougaZell, dragonrage.________

________ we may fuck up alot but we always pull thru.

Sweet, 10 neg reps in a row and I'm still under -500. The people who neg rep me must have little rep power. Shows how much I should listen to them.

I'm just worried you people are so hyped up that the fillers are over that if they don't end next week, then the bashing and whining begins again, just like with the Naruto fillers. I don't think I could take another round of that.

109 was a great episode, with a lot of material from the past and some for the future. I always wished they had expanded more on the past material. That'd be a great way to make each anime episode cover fewer manga chapters so there could be more anime episodes. Like I always felt Rukia got busted by the shinigami too soon, so there wasn't enough time to develop her relationship with Ichigo. So when Ichigo goes to SS to save her, I'm like, why does he care so much, they hardly know each other. Plus, her living in his closet was too funny.