Thread: To make a fansub

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    If I could change my name
    to Saberfire... I would

To make a fansub

The other day when most people were enjoying their holiday meals and such, the dark abyss know as the “IRC channel” had a few things to think about. During the period of reflecting at what losers we were to be there that night. However during that period a thought was touched on and hammered into a plan.

We were to create a fansub group.

What we got so far is most positions of some staff and a possible project:

Distro - DO
    QC - Yukimura, Arcness, Nasphreak29
    Timer – Deadfire
    Editor – mage

If you guys think I’m sarcastic right now I’m not. This is a project they are willing to commit to. However currently we are missing a translator, encoder and a typesetter. If anyone is skilled in this or knows of anyone interested in this get on IRC and talk to DO (Dragonoutlaw) or myself. That or just pm me about it

The series we are thinking of doing is Devil May Cry. (We picked a realistic goal as well as one we would all like)

Suggestions, comments, and hell even insults would be nice
    Last edited by Deadfire; Wed, 12-27-2006 at 12:28 PM.
    image fail!

I always thought it'd be a great idea to create a fansub group that strictly does parodies. No foreign language skills needed!

As ridiculous as that sounds, I like it! Everything top-notch except translation.

I once did my own fan subs for an Ultraman series, but it was so tedious I stopped after 3 episodes. After that I only translated and did srt files which were much easier since I can forget about typesetting, karaoke, and hard coding. My Japanese's not that good, but you don't need to know much to understand a Tokusatsu series such as Kamen Rider or Ultraman.

As for this sub group, good luck and I'd love to see a parody :P

By the way is there a Devil May Cry anime coming out? I didn't know that, but it sounds awesome.
    "Our hearts are full of memories but not all of them reflect the truth. The heart isn't a recording device. Even important memories change with time. They warp or fade, leaving us with but a shadow of what we hoped to remember." 天の道を行き、全てを司る。これは僕の世界。

We're not planning any parodies as of yet, that was all Bucket so we will need a translator.

Sounds interesting.
    Too bad I wouldn't fit the open positions. Gluck.

Awesome user with default custom title XanBcoo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadfire
    even insults would be nice
    Oh! Oh! I can do that!

Quote Originally Posted by Deadfire
    The other day when most people were enjoying their holiday meals and such, the dark abyss know as the “IRC channel” had a few things to think about. During the period of reflecting at what losers we were to be there that night (sentence fragment?). However during that period a thought was touched on and hammered into a plan.

If you guys think I’m sarcastic right now I’m not. This is a project they are willing to commit too. However currently we are missing a translator, encoder, and a typesetter. If anyone is skilled in this or knows of anyone interested in this get on IRC and talk to DO (Dragonoutlaw) or myself. That or just pm me about it.
    Better work on your grammar there before you start translating into English. Good thing Mage is doing the editing.

Seriously though, good luck. Sorry to say that, like xDarkMaster, I don't really qualify for any of the open positions.

<@Terra> he told me this, "man actually meeting terra is so fucking big", and he started crying. Then he bought me hot dogs