Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Merry Christmas 06 Gotwoot!

Not getting a monitor and a fucking gift card make this the worst day of your life? Find a pigeon to tickle you because you need to chill out and improve your mood. Don't take the little things so seriously.

Actually, yesterday wasn't great for me either. My family didn't get me anything even though they new I'd be coming. I gave them their presents, and I headed upstairs to take a nap. I was feeling a little depressed and thought that I'd feel better once I woke up.

No one woke me up for Christmas dinner though. I guess they didn't really want me over there. If they had said something to me about it I would have just stayed home. Oh well.

I hope everyone had a Merry Christmas anyway.
    "Samsonlonghair - The Defender of the Oppressed And Shunned!" -Kraco

I hope everybody had a great holiday weekend.

Bah Im late. Well, Merry Christmas Gotwoot! I hope everyone enjoyed their gifts.

Merry late Christmas to everyone! Finally, there is snow outside! ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by samsonlonghair
    Not getting a monitor and a fucking gift card make this the worst day of your life? Find a pigeon to tickle you because you need to chill out and improve your mood. Don't take the little things so seriously.
    It wasn't about not getting it. It was about my being excited about getting those free things and saving a lot of money on my computer build only to be ruined because some other crazy nut camped outside the store since 4 pm.

Think back to one of the most anticipated events in your life. Try to imagine how you'd feel if something ridiculous and unexpected happened and ruined that experience. My misfortune was probably nowhere near the magnitude of the most anticipated event in your life, but to me saving money is a huge thing. I'm a cheap ass.

Actually, yesterday wasn't great for me either. My family didn't get me anything even though they new I'd be coming. I gave them their presents, and I headed upstairs to take a nap. I was feeling a little depressed and thought that I'd feel better once I woke up.

No one woke me up for Christmas dinner though. I guess they didn't really want me over there. If they had said something to me about it I would have just stayed home. Oh well.

Dude that sucks man, I hope YOU have a good after day of Christmas and the day after that and so on and so forth.
    No one but the enemy will ever teach you how to destroy and conquer. Only the enemy shows you where you are weak. Only the enemy tells you when he is strong. And the rules of the game are what you can do to him and what you can stop him from doing to you. I am your enemy from now on. From now on, I am your teacher."
    -Mazer Rackham

Merry Christmas GW !! I know it's too late .. my internet was down for a few months .. no snow in Malaysia =(

<3 Tessa-chan! <3 Lucifus! ....chotto mate.

Thanks Paulyboy. That's a really nice sentiment.
    In any case, I'm doing just fine. There's no reason to sweat the small stuff.

I hope everyone has a wonderful New Year.

Lasers? Cookies? FTW!
    (universally beloved
    moderator ex-emerita)
    Merry Christmas and Happy New Year, my beloved gotwooters. I hope you all had some suitably pleasant things happen to you over the holidays, or are at least planning something fun for new years.

I thought I'd share a bit about my holidays with you in picture form.

Cookies cookies cookies

What would Christmas be without some Christmas baking? This is only a glimpse of the heaps and heaps of cookies and squares that inhabited our tables over the holidays. Indeed, we needed it all, since we had 30 people staying at my house for a couple days. These are stained-glass window cookies that my brother helped me make, and we decided to be a little....untraditional with the cookie cutters we used. At the end we made a little story out of it, as you can see in the picture, involving a demon cat riding on a lightning bolt and an alien invasion upon the unsuspecting inhabitants below.

Skittles learns to play Worms Armageddon

Few things go together like cats and video games. I spent lots of time with each

Me, with my cousins Thomas and Susanna

I know, it's been ages since I've posted a picture of myself. So here you go. This was the day before it started to snow like crazy, so alas the fields are bare.

The colossal Christmas tree

This is a picture of my uncle performing a monologue that he'd prepared, but it nicely illustrates the size of the tree we had. There's a story behind the tree, that I told on irc, and it involves a transport truck, a giant tractor and a forklift. The tree was so tall that even on the ladder my brother had to use salad tongs to place the star on top. It was like having a forest in my living room.

So yeah, my Christmas was great! I made up for my lack of internet by playing lots of DDR and Guitar Hero, as well as knitting mittens and hats (I only learned to knit last month and I have become a complete knitting addict).

And now you're probably all tired of reading this post, so I shall end here.

Wow, what a bunch of douchebags. Sorry to hear man. Was it the immediate family or the extended family? I can understand if it was the extended, ( In my case, my extended family blows) but for the immediate that would be pretty low.

As for stuff...

Got my gift cards for my 3 games I wanted; Xenosaga 3, Valkyrie profile 2 and Disgaea 2. I pretty much got back what I spent on others. I love Xmas :P I like the season more so then the stuff.

"Chrono is our Religion. In the name of the Chrono, the Zeal, the Trigger and Cross, Amen."

Arcness, it was my mother and my two sisters. But it's okay. Like I said, there's no reason to sweat the small stuff.

KitKat, your cookies look delicious.

Happy New Year Gotwoot.