Thread: Holy Crap! My Play is Being Produced!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Holy Crap! My Play is Being Produced!

Wow, I've been waiting for awhile but one of my writing endeavors has actually blossom into something mildly successful. Finally something good has come about from my endeavors. The one act play I wrote a little while back is going to be produced for the Riant Theatre's Strawberry One Act Play Festival. The play itself will be produced and shown in New York at the Riant theatre.

All right so now I'm guessing your probably thinking to yourself, "Why should I care? That's all fine and good, but I don't live anywhere near New York City, so how the hell am I going to see it."

Here's the best part, there going to record the performance then broadcast it on their website, allowing people from all across the globe to see it (along with the other plays it's competing against) then you get vote on which play you thought was best. The play with the most votes moves on to the semi finals, then finals, until the final performance where all of the finalist plays compete against each other.

Only bad part though is that when you want to view the plays your going to be charged a small fee (something like ten dollars), I'm hoping these guys will be smart enough to post the vids on youtube so you guys don't have to pay but that remains to be seen.

Too darn lazy to login, so just lurking in the shadows instead.
    uh.. what?

you wrote a play, and now it is going to be produced?

well.... congrats

What is your play about?

It's called: The Last Minstrel Show (Yeah, I went there)

Basically to sum things up in a nutshell.

It's about a new up and coming fifty-cent like rapper who's given the offer of a lifetime. To headline an entirely brand new record label, but he's not quite sure about whether it's the right thing to do.

He's visited by spirits of his ancestors, his grand father (bojangles) and his father (dolomite) and ultimately must decide whether to be true to himself and maintain his sense of integrity or go for the big money.
    Last edited by LobsterMagnet; Tue, 12-12-2006 at 11:28 AM.

This is the kind of thing that my ambitions thread was for =P
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

Good stuff man, sounds interesting. You should listen to The Minstrel Show by Little Brother

Quote Originally Posted by LobsterMagnet
    He's visited by spirits of his ancestors, his grand father (bojangles) and his father (dolomite) and ultimately must decide whether to be true to himself and maintain his sense of integrity or go for the big money.
    I can see it now;

"one man"

"one color"

"lobstermagnet stars in"

"be rich... or be black"

Awesome user with default custom title XanBcoo's Avatar
    Congratulations LobsterMagnet. I hope someone will eventually upload your play to youtube. Sounds kind of interesting.

<@Terra> he told me this, "man actually meeting terra is so fucking big", and he started crying. Then he bought me hot dogs