Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Movie: Harry Potter and The Order of the Phoenix

Movie: Harry Potter and The Order of the Phoenix

IGN posted 2 days ago the very first teaser trailer of this upcoming movie.

Here

The movie will premiere on July 13, 2007.

I find funny how the teaser totally ignored Luna, with all the fuse her "actress" caused a few months ago.

Anyway, the trailer shows Bellatrix Lestrange for the first time, and she looks great.

Didn't look bad. Could turn out to be an interesting movie.

The trailer looks nice. But is it the same director as the last movie?

New director -> David Yates

hence the new haircuts

I'll watch that movie as soon as it comes out but not because I'm that interested but because a few friends of mine are braindead Potter fans.... I'm hoping it'll be good, since the 5th book was a compendium of teenage anger. HARRY YELLS TOO MUCH, too, and Cho cries all day long and is an emo....

...I didn't like the book, but maybe it'll be good when I see it in motion...

無理してここまでやってきて これからもすっと同じだろう
    それでも何かを信じたい 心の奥の声

Quote Originally Posted by Winged Dancer
    since the 5th book was a compendium of teenage anger. HARRY YELLS TOO MUCH, too, and Cho cries all day long and is an emo....
    I think watching so much anime should have made us far more resistant to the adverse effects of those traits than some average joe randomly picked from the crowd...

I never liked the movies because they cut out so much of the good stuff from the books. The Weasley twins are the most glaring example. And now, Michael Gambon is a terrible professor Dumbledore, especially compared to Richard Harris.

Who do you think would make a good Luna? Probably some unknown like with Cho's character, but if you wanted to go Hollywood, Dakota Fanning would make a good Luna Lovegood.

Quote Originally Posted by RyougaZell
    New director -> David Yates
    Thank god. The 4th book was my favorite (except for the ending of the sixth, which was great). But the 4th movie IMO was the worst. I'm really glad there's somebody new working on this.

Quote Originally Posted by Carnage
    Thank god. The 4th book was my favorite (except for the ending of the sixth, which was great). But the 4th movie IMO was the worst. I'm really glad there's somebody new working on this.
    Yeah they turned what I thought would be the greatest book-->movie and made it suck shit..

LaZie made this...a long time ago.

"It was a very depressing time in my life, since I had no money I was unable to screw the rules" -Kaiba

Quote Originally Posted by Animeniax
    I never liked the movies because they cut out so much of the good stuff from the books. The Weasley twins are the most glaring example. And now, Michael Gambon is a terrible professor Dumbledore, especially compared to Richard Harris.

Who do you think would make a good Luna? Probably some unknown like with Cho's character, but if you wanted to go Hollywood, Dakota Fanning would make a good Luna Lovegood.
    This is Luna Lovegood

The fourth movie was so so. I wanted to see the Quidditch cup, plus the tasks from Cedric, Krum and Fleur's point of view.
    Also it suxed they had the 'pretty boy' look (with everybody having long hair).

Thanks god the new director made them get a haircut.

That sucks. Ginny and Cho are cute, why couldn't they pick a cuter Luna? Also, she doesn't have the bug eyes and doesn't look eccentric enough.

iforgot what happened in the book

ty psj for this sig

Even though the first movies were pretty bad, I'm rather excited about this one, as they have been gradually getting better throughout. I don't care how cute an actor or actress is, as long as they can act. They chose beauty over talent in The Covenant, and we all know what happened with -that- train wreck.

I can't believe I'm admitting that I'm actually excited about this movie. It's around this time in the story that the books take a more violent adult turn so I'm hoping for a higher movie rating than normal. Not for kids imo.
    I think I know precisely what I mean
    when I say it's a schpadoinkle day

Quote Originally Posted by Animeniax
    That sucks. Ginny and Cho are cute, why couldn't they pick a cuter Luna? Also, she doesn't have the bug eyes and doesn't look eccentric enough.
    Emma Watson (Hermione) doesn't have bushy hair and big front teeth either.

Dean Thomas isn't suppose to be taller than Ron.

Neville should not be skiny.

Draco should be somewhat fat (first movie) like Dudley.

Dudley was supposed to be blond.

Voldemort should have red eyes.

Snape should have a beard.

Face it... you can't have them exactly the way they should. Especially with growing kids/teens.

Emma Watson (Hermione) doesn't have bushy hair and big front teeth either.
    First movie she did have bushy hair and cute little buck teeth.

Dean Thomas isn't suppose to be taller than Ron. Small detail.

Neville should not be skiny. True, but he does look goofy.

Draco should be somewhat fat (first movie) like Dudley. When was Draco ever described in the books as being slightly fat?

Dudley was supposed to be blond.
    Small detail, no deal breaker.

Voldemort should have red eyes. Colored contacts are so cheap these days, why did they skip this?

Snape should have a beard. Snape has a beard in the books? I don't recall them ever describing that, just his long greasy hair.

Face it... you can't have them exactly the way they should. Especially with growing kids/teens.
    For the most part, I could care less about these variances. All I care about is that the chicks are all cute.

Well... Luna isn't supposed to be "cute"

Half-Blood Prince - Flight of the Prince chapter. Snape has beard on the picture "approved" by Rowling.

Philoshopers Stone. First encounter with Draco. Harry describes him being similar to Dudley.

It's looking good, those videos are great. Bellatrix is pretty perfect, in fact I don't really have any complaints all round.
    I think I know precisely what I mean
    when I say it's a schpadoinkle day

Aye. It all looks quite promising based on those videos. And Gary Oldman is such a crazy dude that it's good he's back.