Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Kekkaishi

Kekkaishi

Nice, this is another series along with Kenichi that I have been waiting to get subbed! The manga is pretty good and popular in Japan. Like always hope it's just as good as the manga or better!

Quote Originally Posted by Garten

I think this will appeal to people who like Spirited Away or Inuyasha. Some of the creature designs in this series looks really good and seem to be based on old Japanese folklore monsters.
    Episodes 1-2 (XviD) - Yoroshiku
    Episodes 1-2 (h264) - Yoroshiku

Sumikawa Yoshimori, a 14-year-old junior high school boy, is a descendant of Kekkaishi, or an exterminator of monsters He is vying for the heir to the family with Yumikura Tokine. Tokine is older than him, and she is his childhood friend as well as his rival Kekkaishi. To save people from the crises, and to make himself stronger, Yoshimori fights against monsters tonight, too.
    Taken from Animenfo

AniDB
    AnimeNfo
    ANN
    Official Site
    Last edited by Zati; Mon, 06-25-2007 at 08:27 PM.

I'm right now downloading the episodes. Based on the description it looks easily interesting enough to check out.

Edit: Well, it was quite average all in all. Can't say these first two episodes would have presented anything that remarkable or memorable, or novel, but they weren't bad, either. The main male character (older version) has the same VA as Zed in Kiba, and he sounds exactly like Zed as well, if somebody is interested (the girl isn't voiced by Zed's girl, though, but Real's VA from Ergo Proxy, though)...

Well, despite what I said it wasn't bad at all, so I'll keep watching. I'm not expecting anything extraordinary, but at least this isn't a corny lesser clone like Busou Renkin, or something.
    Last edited by Kraco; Mon, 11-20-2006 at 04:50 PM.

Just watched the first two episodes, and I liked them. Much better than I expected.

Reals V.A? Downloading!
    Don't believe in yourself, believe in me, who believes in you.

Toriyama's World and KEFI version! KEFI starting to do animes?

Episodes 1-2 - TW & KEFI
    Last edited by Zati; Mon, 11-27-2006 at 08:23 PM.

Browsed quickly the TW version, and it didn't look good. Bad font choices and bad typesetting were enough for me not to give it a chance.

^ wow, i haven't checked TW's version but their subbing was very good for Death Note with the special L ^_^ But overall from the first 2 eps the series seems very enjoyable and something that needs to be grabbed
    "We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give." by Sir Winston Churchill"

Yoroshiku just released!

Episode 3 - Yoroshiku

I'm really enjoying this series... I picked up the manga after the first 2 episodes, and I found them quite entertaining. So far, I've liked the anime better, simply because they've introduced some characters earlier than in the manga, without compromising the plot. Also they've skipped some boring chapters and have focused on the ones that have more action.

Discussion of ep. 3:

When the father said "them", I wonder if he meant the Yoshimori family or if he meant the ayakashi.

I think the "them" reference was intentionally made to be vague. It makes it look like the Sumimura's had something to do with his death and probably led to Tokine's cold attitude to Yoshimori.

What Tokine's father was refering to could be either someone from the Urakai or even something we haven't heard about yet.

There hardly was enough time to watch the previous episode, and the next is already out there, ready to be downloaded:

Episode 4 xvid - Yoroshiku
    Episode 4 h264 (1024x576) - Yoroshiku

Really interesting series so far. I thought it'd be really lame, but it actually delivers quite well.

Yeah. After the first two episodes I wasn't sure if I'm going to continue to watch this or not, but I guess I'll stick around.

The setting and atmosphere seem quite static with those stagnant old geezer types dictating what the youths should and shouldn't do, and the youths slightly rebelling against those rules but not fully. That's hardly original and didn't look too good. Also the limited cast seemed dubious. But I guess with these last two episodes it has delivered better.

^ i find limited cast anime's the best, easier to remember the few ppl's name. ^_^ The first 2 eps seemed pretty good, and it got me hooked cause i could see what kind of anime it would turn out to be later on which is something i dig ^_^ Plus the ending of the 3rd ep had me anxious for the 4th ep which wasn't as impacting as i had hoped it to be T_T.
    "We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give." by Sir Winston Churchill"

Ep 4 was the best yet, I was happy to see that their powers didn't suck as much as I thought they did. The fact that they can target specific areas and destroy them makes them better. Although I thik it would be better if they had the powers of those 2 guys.

(Aeon's Top 5 Anime ATM)One Piece,Shakugan no Shana Second,Gundam 00,Naruto,Bleach

Nice Yoroshiku releasing a bunch together, now I need to catch up.

Episode 8 (XviD) - Yoroshiku
    Episode 9 (XviD) - Yoroshiku

If a regular anime watcher learned one Japanese word from this series, it would no doubt be "kekkai"...

Episode 10 xvid - Yoroshiku
    Episode 10 h264 - Yoroshiku

just caught up seems alright ill stick around

@ Kraco, in addition to Ketsu, I've also learned Houi, Jousou and Metsu. If I wasn't still stuck on Naruto techniques I'm sure I'd wander around trying to encase people in mystic shields and shatter them into their component parts.

Episode 10 wasn't all that interesting, except thta it made Tokine that uch more irritating. But from the preview Hakubi has been seriously holding back on his awesomeness, now I can't wait for episode 11.
    Last edited by Yukimura; Wed, 02-07-2007 at 01:09 AM.