Thread: Capturing Gol D. Roger

Capturing Gol D. Roger

Seeing as how he was so strong how did the marines capture him?

Genin
    of course, we can only speculate.

i think garp kicked his ass.

-edit- im just curious who the gives a neg. rep for just speculating...kudos to that moron.
    Last edited by .noname.silent; Sun, 11-05-2006 at 04:05 PM.

Too darn lazy to login, so just lurking in the shadows instead.
    maybe he turned him self in?

Betrayed by a team-member?

Maybe Whitebeard? It has been said Whitebeard was his equal, but it never mentioned whether Whitebeard was also his crewmember. Kinda like how Zoro and Luffy was to each other.

(May Contain spoiler to Kaizoku-Fansubs anime watcher to read below)
    Either that or another marine we haven't seen before. The Top Admiral in the marines. We know of the great 3, which Aokiji is one of them, probably all 3 of them we're used to take down Gold Roger simultaneously.
    MmmMmm. Ooiiishiii

I dont think they put a reason why he was captured, i think it was just used to put up the storyline for the show.... ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Ragikai
    I dont think they put a reason why he was captured, i think it was just used to put up the storyline for the show.... ^_^
    No, but it's just speculation.
    MmmMmm. Ooiiishiii

I was kinding... Well for any reason, it might have been many reason, just as he gave himself up, or he got captured sleeping... It may say later how he got captured and such stuff as this, so we have to wait to see how the real way went

I don’t think that he gave himself up. There must have been a huge fight. Like you said we will find out about it when the time is right and that might be close to the very end of OP.

Might have been collaboration with Whitebeard and all other pirates + Marines.
    MmmMmm. Ooiiishiii

Gol D. Roger doesn't get caught by marines, he merely allows marines to find him.
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

The shichibukai might have already made the deal with the government and teamed up to attack him

maybe he found out something incredible in the "one piece" but he knew no one would believe him so he got himself captured to spread the word.
    example: the one piece tells how to create devil fruits, Roger knew that only his crew couldn't complete the process, but he didn't want the secret to fall into the goverments hands, so he makes it so that the area will always be cluttered with pirates.

other option is that he wanted people to believe that he was the greatest so he used the occasion to create the legend of him.

Something I picked up on about Robin's flashback that I didn't when it origionally happened is that the Admirals have a boss and that's the Fleet Admiral. Maybe he earned that rank by taking down old Gol D.

(Aeon's Top 5 Anime ATM)One Piece,Shakugan no Shana Second,Gundam 00,Naruto,Bleach

Quote Originally Posted by Aeon
    Something I picked up on about Robin's flashback that I didn't when it origionally happened is that the Admirals have a boss and that's the Fleet Admiral. Maybe he earned that rank by taking down old Gol D.
    Are you saying there was no Fleet Admiral before Gol D. Roger?

LaZie made this...a long time ago.

"It was a very depressing time in my life, since I had no money I was unable to screw the rules" -Kaiba

Maybe there wasn't, I'm guessing that whoever caught him had to get some sort of promotion.

(Aeon's Top 5 Anime ATM)One Piece,Shakugan no Shana Second,Gundam 00,Naruto,Bleach

there is more to this than meets the eye. i am sure the writers won't disappoint.
    ___
    ---------------------------- "THE DROPOUT CREW"--------------------------------
    ________Deblas, IfingHateTonTon, RyougaZell, dragonrage.________

________ we may fuck up alot but we always pull thru.

Awesome user with default custom title poopdeville's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AssertnFailure
    Gol D. Roger doesn't get caught by marines, he merely allows marines to find him.
    Yeah, this is the most plausible explanation. In fact, I bet his goal was always to get the Rio Poneglyph assembled at Raftel and get people to search for it.