Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Game: Final Fantasy XII

Awesome user with default custom title RedX1z's Avatar
    basically, the metal case, and the extra disk that contains materials, such as commentary from the people who made the game, art work, and basically as uchessmaster said, a 20 minute video of the history of final fantasy.
    Signature by Lucifus

She knows what you did last summer..

------------私はコピーX 及びSimca が空を征服することを信じる------------

The CE version was worth it. It's all they had at the store, so I had to get it anyway. I'm about 5 hours into the game and liking it a lot. I love the FFT(my favorite game) atmosphere of the game and am very glad it didn't turn out like FFX. The voice acting is also far superior to FFX. Gets an A+ from me.

I like the feel of the metal case against my cheek....

I'm official.

...?

I'm going to stand over here now.

I give this game the best rpg I have ever played on the PS2 award.

At first, you're taken back a bit ... you get that feeling you are doing something wrong, or its just not as good as the other FFs you played before. Then you play some more ... and you can't drop the controller.

Yeah, its something like that.

Do not come into this game thinking its just like the other FF; instead just come in thinking its another game in general. I'm not too far into it right now, but wow, its done nicely. I even enjoy the fact I can walk while casting cure then bust on to my other guy, do a 2 hit combo, have him steal, then switch back to the person who just casted heal and have her do a little stabby stabby with her dagger.

To sum it up, COMPLETELY customizable. You want an army of paladin type characters with heavy armor and weapons, go for it. Army of mages? Sure, heck, you can even unlock all the licences and create an army of people who can do everything (I like this idea).

Also the moogles look cool =D.

Damnit I need to get this game right now! Argh!
    "Our hearts are full of memories but not all of them reflect the truth. The heart isn't a recording device. Even important memories change with time. They warp or fade, leaving us with but a shadow of what we hoped to remember." 天の道を行き、全てを司る。これは僕の世界。

Picked up my copy of FFXII yesterday Love the new battle system and the customization. This game is definitly better then the last few FF games I've played.

Ash"Now listen up, you primitive screwheads. This... is my BOOMstick"

Mmmh, I've played it almost 100 hours now so it's not that bad. ;p

I still do like some of the older ones better but that's me. It was a nice surprise to see it's like FFXI in single player mode. ;d

I wonder when it get's to the Europe...the release date get's kicked again and again...
    Gargl...

10hrs into this beast and have to say that Fran has the best voice in any video game that I've ever heard. Plus her voice actress is hott which adds to her coolness. I think I'm doing the quickening wrong, I just kept hitting r2 and triangle for Vaan's, didn't try Fran's yet.

(Aeon's Top 5 Anime ATM)One Piece,Shakugan no Shana Second,Gundam 00,Naruto,Bleach

I'm 28 hours in and just beat Tiamat. He was pretty tough

I'm 33 hours into the game and I just got to Mt Bur-Omisace

Same. I'm right after that at The Stillshrine of Mirium. Done playing for now, though.

I'm being silly, and before every single new area, i exp and LP like crazy. To the point i didnt even go to rescue panelo (via enter airship and go to mines) until i had everyone with at least one quikening, past lv 12, and learned a lot of magic.

When I go to a new area, I like the feeling of complete dominace. Also I dislike the feeling of loosing to a hunt .. damn birdy!

Even when you're overleveled, some hunts still give you one hell of a hard time.

Quote Originally Posted by Kensee
    I
    When I go to a new area, I like the feeling of complete dominace. Also I dislike the feeling of loosing to a hunt .. damn birdy!
    Are you talking about the Cluxatrice or whatever it is? I had to try 3 times to kill that thing.

Quote Originally Posted by The Astronomer
    Same. I'm right after that at The Stillshrine of Mirium. Done playing for now, though.
    That's where I am now. I just spent four hours trudging back and forth through that place and then the boss handed my broke ass back to me. I'm calling it a day.

Is it just me, or is gil hard to come by? My characters have covered 75% of the board by now, but for the life of me I can't afford ANY of these skills and equipment I'm unlocking. The thing that sucks is that I missed the dry season in Giza and I can't get the next mark. Plus I'm always short on Teleport stones so if I did find a good farming place, it'd likely be another 5 hours or so out of my way. Christ!

That reminds me of another annoying thing. Gambits are supposed to allow you to manage fights better, but anything more than two enemies and all of a sudden it's chaos. Next thing I know my team is spamming Cures and Phoenix Downs because they can't stay alive long enough to do damage.

Ah, well. It's still a great game, anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Bucket
    Is it just me, or is gil hard to come by?
    If you want gil, go back to the Golmore Jungle and grind some Courl Pelts from the Jaguars (I think that's what they're called.. they're the purple cats). You can steal/drop these every kill and they sell for 400 some gil.

Quote Originally Posted by Kensee
    I'm being silly, and before every single new area, i exp and LP like crazy. To the point i didnt even go to rescue panelo (via enter airship and go to mines) until i had everyone with at least one quikening, past lv 12, and learned a lot of magic.

Dude hunts are so hard, It took me like 20-30min to beat the flower cactaur monster with just Vaan. I had to run from it and ended up in a completely new town where I upgraded my weapon and armor. Thing still kicked my butt with its parry and counter attack. The crappy reward wasn't worth it considering I used like all my potions. Thought a hunt would be easier with 3 characters but noooo freaking Ghost killed Fran and Balthier, first time I had to use a quickening. And this post needs more Fran love.

(Aeon's Top 5 Anime ATM)One Piece,Shakugan no Shana Second,Gundam 00,Naruto,Bleach

The flowering cactaur is pretty hard with one person since it does 1000 needles and you don't have 1000hp by then. I just waited til I had 3 characters again.
    Last edited by mage; Mon, 11-06-2006 at 09:01 AM.